RC poster

Slayer Pro Center Diff/Rear Brake Fail

Hello all,

Ran into a few problems with my Slayer Pro. Got it new about a month ago, and since have had a blast bashing and racing it with my buddies. We recently built a track, and I had been looking for some upgrades to make it more competitive around the track. The guys at the local hobby shop recommended the center diff and rear brake kit. They gave me all parts for a Revo, which I thought was odd but they said almost everything was the same besides the suspension parts. I installed both parts, and took it out to check it out. After warming it, under full throttle it ran like crap. It was shifting very fast into second, and seemed like it would hit maybe ~20 mph and stop accelerated. The RPMs would stay the same, but it wouldn't get any faster. I tried adjusting the shift point to shift later, maybe 1/4 turn, and it shifted later but speed was still approx. the same. I took it back apart, and one of the rear brake screws had come undone, causing drag there. I'm wondering if I need yo adjust the shift point more, if I need to lube the gears, or of I might have gotten the wrong center diff causing a lower speed. I know they sell a slayer center diff, but from what I saw it was for the 2wd version, and I should be fine with the Revo 3.3 one. Any help would be great, sorry in advance for any typos as I am on my phone.

TL : DR - Installed Revo center diff on Slayer Pro, car falls on face when under hard acceleration as if its hitting a brick wall.

RC Competitor
    The Traxxas slayer have another diameter wheels and another gear ratio with Revo 3.3. You can compare, output gears #5996 have 23T, but gears for central differential have ~30T. I see http://traxxas.com/explodedviews/590...ssion-Assembly and ..... I think you checkup and maybe, change up parts( gears ) TRA #5996 to Revo forward only complects TRA 5394. I will be try game with output gear TRA #5996 for changeup 5414 gear on the central differential, glue, screws or another way for save ratio speed. if this impossible or difficult, I try game with spur gear TRA 3953(54,55) and clutch bell TRA5215(14,16,17) for restore ratio. The table transmission ratio, you can found in user manual for Revo 3.3 and Slayer PRO 3.3.
    Last edited by Alexsy; 09-18-2013 at 11:35 PM.
    I like the technical beauty!

RC Competitor
    only now found TRA 5914 this is differential for Slayer !!!
    I like the technical beauty!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexsy View Post
    The Traxxas slayer have another diameter wheels and another gear ratio with Revo 3.3. You can compare, output gears #5996 have 23T, but gears for central differential have ~30T. I see http://traxxas.com/explodedviews/590...ssion-Assembly and ..... I think you checkup and maybe, change up parts( gears ) TRA #5996 to Revo forward only complects TRA 5394. I will be try game with output gear TRA #5996 for changeup 5414 gear on the central differential, glue, screws or another way for save ratio speed. if this impossible or difficult, I try game with spur gear TRA 3953(54,55) and clutch bell TRA5215(14,16,17) for restore ratio. The table transmission ratio, you can found in user manual for Revo 3.3 and Slayer PRO 3.3.
    Thanks for the help. I went to another LHS and asked for the center diff for the Slayer. I got the new part, and checked out the size comparison, and like you said the teeth differences are huge. The gear on the Revo diff has more teeth than the gear on the Slayer gear, and the Slayer fits in with little to no problems. I will be running it today after work, and I will say tentatively that I feel my problem is fixed.

Their is only one center diff. for the slayer and a different one for the revo. As for the 2 wheel drive C/D no such animal think about it for a second why would you have a center diff. on a 2 wheel drive truck.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fallonguy View Post
    Their is only one center diff. for the slayer and a different one for the revo. As for the 2 wheel drive C/D no such animal think about it for a second why would you have a center diff. on a 2 wheel drive truck.
    Haha, no I got that, I thought that it would be for a conversion or something, almost like how you can change a slayer and make it a revo. I originally thought it was for making a 2wd into a 4wd truck.