RC Enthusiast

Odd Engine and Clutch "Issue"

My T-Maxx 2.5R just got back together after a BAD crash about 2-2 1/2 years ago (to lazy to get it back together for most of that time) and in the process I replaced my clutch. Since I have got it running again it has to come up 1,000 - 2,500 rpm (differs on heat of motor and big spur gear heat) before the truck even tries to move. I don't know why it does this. Once it gets moving it really move! I can get it into second then I run out of room. It also will go into reverse just fine. I also just lost a spur gear, only since I've got it running, and changing the spur gears didn't do anything for my situation. At this point I'm lost and need some help.

And for anyone wondering why I replaced the clutch, it had a good amount of run time on it and I looked like it was in need of being changed.

RC Racer
    There is a "high stall" clutch set it is possible thats what you have now
    T-MAXX 2.5R
    Slayer Pro
    Revo
    Monster Pirate

RC Enthusiast
    How can I tell if I have a high stall clutch set? Besides the higher stall I have. And how can I get my clutch to engage faster? It grabs the clutch and doesn't real pull the motor down until the motor is really higher in rpm and even then it just keeps the motor at the same rpm and never truly pulls the motor down until it get into second gear. And if I have a High stall clutch what are benefits of a high stall clutch over a regular stall clutch?

WATCH THE LANGUAGE!
    Last edited by Double G; 09-19-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: language