RC poster

What other hobbies and sports are you guys into?

I'm sure a lot of you guys have other things you like to do when your RCs are down and out, so let's see what kinds of hobbies and sports you guys are into! I'll start off with a few of mine.

Last summer I got really into car audio. I learned a lot about what went into building good subwoofer enclosures, about how to wire everything up properly, and even got into how all the electrical components work to an extent. I used all that knowledge and put together a system for my truck. All of this was done by myself, with the exception of getting one or two friends to help cut out some bigger pieces of wood.

For those interested, my substage consists of fully loaded Fi Q12 running at 1 ohm off of a Crescendo BC000d. And my front stage is made up of a set of Crescendo Mezzo components running active off of a Crescendo C1100.4

Another hobby that I've had for some time now, is riding dirtbikes. The majority of my friends have all been riding since they were little kids, so it was only a matter of time before I got myself a dirtbike. I started out on a TTR 125 when I was 14, and then I upgraded to a YZ250f a couple years ago. I do mostly trail rides, but I'll make it out to a track every once in a while. Here's my 250.

And then the hobby that has really taken over my life the last several months, is mountain biking. I've been doing downhill and freeride mountain biking for the last 4 or 5 years, but it wasn't until this summer that I got really involved with it. When I first started biking, I was riding a 2003 Bighit. There were quite a few things that needed to be fixed on it, but I never really rode it enough to justify dumping all the money into it that it needed. Finally, I got myself a new (to me) bike back in May. It's a 2012 Norco Aurum 1. After going riding on my new bike, I completely fell in love with just being out in the woods with just me and my bike (and my buddies). One of my friends has been racing Downhill for a couple years, and he convinced me and a lot of my other friends to try it this year. The racing season is now over, but I had a blast doing it! Racing won't start again until spring next year, but I really can't wait to do it again! Mountain biking is really where my passion is, and it'll probably be the only hobby that I continue to do throughout the year.

Here's a couple pictures of my Downhill bike

And here's a picture from my first race.

So let's see what else you guys do with your spare time!

RC Qualifier
    I make RC Videos using my Sony Handycam CX-110 and that's a great hobby for me because I can always get new RC Parts to do unboxing and running videos and it's so much fun seeing the view count go up every day! I also played guitar and piano for some time but then high school came along and I just didn't have time for those hobbies anymore so I just decided to sell them. I also do some minor trail riding, I have a Giant Revel 1 with Tektro Hydraulic Disk Brakes, and I should probably get a new fork soon as everyone is saying the Suntour XT isn't very good. Oh well, it works for me. I also custom build computers, I made 2 in my house so far and I'm going to start buying, building and flipping. So yeah that's pretty much it!
    Brushless Rips, Nitro Drips!!! BL Power FTW!

I would consider myself an avid cyclist. I ride primarily road bikes, but there's some occasional mountain biking thrown in for good measure. I put more miles on my bikes every year than I do on my motor vehicle (though that might change since I will be traveling more for work). I ride year around in all weather conditions, including rain and snow. I also run a bit, but that's usually only on my days off from cycling. I enjoy leading a very active lifestyle.

Other hobbies include working on my house, working on my 1:1 vehicles, kayaking, snowmobiling, etc. But my R/Cs and my bikes are my top two hobbies.

EDIT: I suppose you could add eating to the above list. One of my wife's hobbies is cooking, and she's pretty darn good at it. I'm very thankful for that because I do eat a lot of food given all of the biking and running that I do.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-18-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Racing offshore powerboats is my other addiction.

RC Champion
    Needle point and basket weaving... What.. wrong forum... LOL Just joking.. but if anyone is in to that, its perfectly OK. My other passion besides my wife and kids is fishing.. When I can find the time..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Enthusiast
    hobbies?well only 2 basketball and...basketball

RC Qualifier
    Work, work and more work. Seems like that has become my busiest hobby. Being the owner of a company is way more work than it appears. I do a lot of wood turning on a lathe. Not so much now that I have found the addiction of the R/C world. My ATVs haven't been out in a couple years. I have 8 grand kids and spending time with them is as much a hobby as anything else. Life takes some funny turns. " The best laid plans of mice and men go often awry" Enjoy.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC Qualifier
    I ride quad bikes and race karts
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    Nice bike bro, I downhill on a 29er with only 100 mils of travel. Here are some pics

So I don't just downhill, I race cross country also. Now on to my other hobbies, flying, running, skiing, sleeping, eating, drewling over cars .... Too many to continue listing.

Besides my one of favorites right underneath mountain biking, Dirt Biking!!!

This is my CRF 150 F, sad to say that it is not an "R"....

Last edited by sean1214; 09-18-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    I'm like cooleocool.. Active.. I run and bike..but only from spring to fall. I've been ridding road bike for 2 years now, but have just started putting on the miles towards the end of July of this year. Farthest ride if you're wondering is 50 miles. We're going out this Sunday if it don't rain and will probably shoot for 75-100. During my good times, I was ridding 100-150 miles in about 5-6 days. Since school started, I haven't rode in a good month.
    I run cross country and track for sports. Those are the only sports I do.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Building, collecting, and racing bmx bikes. I race a 2010 Haro Team issue. I work on old mopars; my "mud truck" is a 78 powerwagon with a custom 16" lift with 40" tires running a 440 big block with a 4 speed tranny and dana 60 axels front and rear. My little mopar car is a Plymouth Duster with a 440 big block and a 727 torque flight transmission, .030 bore, 3500 stall converter, high rise, dual carbs, and a tunnel ram. My hot rod is a 77 powerwagon, 10" lift, 40" tires, 727 torque flight transmission, 440 big block with a .030 bore, blower, club cab long bed, kicker shocks, and 4 linked suspension.
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Nice bike bro, I downhill on a 29er with only 100 mils of travel. Here are some pics

So I don't just downhill, I race cross country also. Now on to my other hobbies, flying, running, skiing, sleeping, eating, drewling over cars .... Too many to continue listing.

Besides my one of favorites right underneath mountain biking, Dirt Biking!!!

This is my CRF 150 F, sad to say that it is not an "R"....
    Nice bike! I'm hoping to have a cross country/all mountain bike built up by the beginning of summer. I'm thinking of going with something 650b. I go on vacation to Arizona every year, and I usually end up going on a few cross country rides with my family, but my definitely isn't built for anything uphill and pedally haha.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by REVOofRustler View Post
    Nice bike! I'm hoping to have a cross country/all mountain bike built up by the beginning of summer. but my definitely isn't built for anything uphill and pedally haha.
    Yea no doubt about that, way to much compression with each stroke haha. My bike is nice until I start going downhill, nothing like a huge lack of travel haha.....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    I'm into Dirt bike

Heres my mountain bike

Snowmobile is my favorite!!!!

Right before i break a femur

RC Qualifier
    Maxx Adam, I once broke my femur playing football. It was a spiral fracture and I had to get a rod with 2 screws put on the bone.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah that sucks I hit a lump of ice after jumping 110 feet. My leg was 2 inches shorter at the hospital. Its all healed now but I have to be more careful now.

Posted by my Galaxy Note 2

RC poster
    **** I guess I'm just boring but I don't really have any other hobbies at the moment. I got a few custom PC's i've put together and whatnot but that's just geeky IT stuff. I don't get too much into cars since it's so expensive but I do tinker and I enjoy mountain biking as well.

Used to skate when I lived in a more suburban area but I got hurt all the time and that got old after awhile. Not even sure I have any of my boards anymore. I have no idea how I didn't break any bones...

RC Racer
    i wish i could get into dirtbiking but when i told my parents i had saved up enough of my money and wanted to buy a dirtbike they said " as long as you live here you will not own a motorcycle of any kind" so i got into roadbiking and cycle to and from work about 40 miles. i also can make programes mod games mod xbox's mod pc's mod ps3's and many other things
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

RC Qualifier
    Fishing! I love to fish. I spin fish and fly fish. I fish year round for whatever is running.

Here's the only thing that will get me outta bed before six on a weekend!

A small striper a buddy of mine caught a couple weeks ago.

Also I love to bbq.

Of course work till I'm going crazy! To pay for all this stuff! Lol

addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    I use to be a fisherman by trade, i lived deadist catch for years, but i didnt really like out to see all the time so now im in instrumet tech at an oil and gas plant. RC's really helped me through school and for my tech thesis project i built a robot, which is a hobby id really like to get in to, but its expensive!

I'm starting to pick up FPV i'm going to build a hexacopter over the winter possibly.

Posted by my Galaxy tab 3 8"

RC Qualifier
    Wish I was smart enough to build robots. Sounds cool.
    addicted much....

RC poster
    I am thoroughly addicted to wake boarding, kneeboarding, etc. Recently started picking up an air chair. That thing's a blast!

Bought me a "budget" boat with a wake tower and a 4.3. Turned out to be half rotten. So, restoring and rebuilding a fiberglass boat became a hobby for about 6 months also!

Sorry...put so much love and HARD work into this boat!

RC Qualifier
    I do some riflely. I also film for that basketball team. I like to design things then never finish them. And I enjoy working.

lipo power!!!!!
    1:16 Slash vxl
    Stampede 4x4 vxl

RC Qualifier
    As of right now, the other hobbies I'm into are:

Dirtbikes.....My 2009 YZ450F I got a few months ago. Much better then my CRF250R

Movies......Making films with my brother. Here is one we just finished, I wasn't in this one though (I was the camera guy).

Here's my brothers youtube channel where you can see other stuff we've done. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMyY...0OEFseg/videos
    Rustler|Brushless Losi XXL