Thread: Sidewinder 3

RC poster

Sidewinder 3

Would I sidewinder 3 work in a telly on 3s. I want to run a brushed motor out of a emaxx. I was wondering it the esc would be fine? Is there any other options for escs?

RC Qualifier
    Sidewinder is not good for 3s in a 4x4. I'd go with the mmp, or the hobbywing wp-sc8.

RC Qualifier
    +1 to mmp. Its not waterproof but there will be one soon.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Champion
    If you're just running a single titan brushed motor from an emaxx on 3s, then yes, the sidewinder will do just fine.

RC poster
    Ok. My first plan was to by a et-3 and flash it to Mamba Max specs but I saw that they are not 60 dollars anymore. 8 was looking to go cost effective for this project.

RC Qualifier
    The hobbywing i mentioned is about 70 bucks. It's waterproof and good for up to 4s. I've heard their customer service sucks but honestly not a deal breaker for me as it's cheap. The sidewinder 3 will definitely run hot on 3s.

RC poster
    Would that be a better option then the esc from the summit or brushed maxx/revo

RC Racer
    The Summit/Emaxx esc is a 2batt 2motor setup and just looking at the products page- sells for $180 !! That's crazy. What about using a VXL-3s ? It can run brushed motors, and in a lighter truck should handle 3s ok, and I'm sure there are used/new ones available as many ppl pull their velineon systems out of their RCs

RC poster
    I looked at this as an option for one of my on road cars, aside from castle support it's not a very good esc runs too hot for my taste, i use losi rebranded mambas now

RC Champion
    I run an SV2 with a emaxx 21t Titan in my Axial Wraith on 3s.. Runs pretty cool all day long. It is only geared for about 15mph but is does handle this setup well.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by madkawi650 View Post
    I run an SV2 with a emaxx 21t Titan in my Axial Wraith on 3s.. Runs pretty cool all day long. It is only geared for about 15mph but is does handle this setup well.
    This!!!!

If you want to go BL, get the MMP and a 21.5-25.5 sensored motor if you're going to crawl it.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion

Sidewinder 3

I ran a MMP with a Novak 18.5 sensored brushless in a Slash 4x4 MT one time. It handlds it well with no heating. But it was pretty un-exciting.. Switched the motor for a Tekin Pro4 3300kv sensored and look out MT tires ( can you say balloon) ... Wild !!! And crawled like a champ too.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC poster
    I have a telly with a castle sidewinder 3 (with 3300kv brushless motor) and i'd never run anything more than
    A 2s battery in it unless i was planning on upgrading FAST! Seems to be my limit...for now.