RC Racer

Fly Sky Reciever Help, or any 3ch Reciever relate Its a GT3C (3ch digital, with LCD)

Ok so I have never had the receiver box open on my E-Maxx EVER. So it blew me away to find a 5ch receiver in there. When I have a 2ch transmitter. However I still wanted to swap it out for the 3c FlySky TX/RX combo that I have. I much prefer the LCD Display to change settings over the Traxxas Blinky Light to change settings.

That's when I realized uhm, how do I hook up both steering servo's. I just assumed that the 2 steering Servo's went into a Y-Adapter inside the box to plug into a single port on the receiver. Well I come to find out that the receiver has 2 CH1 ports for the 2 Servo's. Can I buy a Y-Adapter, or how do I wire up the dual servo's to work on a normal Receiver. My Old Fly Sky was setup for my 3906 E-Maxx so CH3 was for the Transmission. I am thinking about making ch3 a switched for some nice LD Lights.

Hit up Jimmie Neutron he is familiar with the Flysky stuff. I am not sure either about how to hook that up. I do know what your saying about the 2-1ch. ports on the TRX link rx. I think i seen one time you hook it up to ch.1+2 the servos and ch.3 the esc but cant remember off hand for sure.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    You will need a Y adapter to run dual servos... or use it as an excuse to go with a single stronger servo.

Traxxas is the only Rx I know of with the dual Ch1 outputs... all of Traxxas Rx's have dual Ch1 outputs and for the most part all of their RC's get the same receiver no matter what controller goes with the model.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    You will need a Y adapter to run dual servos... or use it as an excuse to go with a single stronger servo.

Traxxas is the only Rx I know of with the dual Ch1 outputs... all of Traxxas Rx's have dual Ch1 outputs and for the most part all of their RC's get the same receiver no matter what controller goes with the model.
    Thank You Jimmie, the dual ch1 ports is a first for me, and when I found the 5ch receiver I thought I had something special and googled it before I proceeded to remove it. Then once I realized I could not use my FlySky without an adapter, had to put it all back together the way it was.

I will hit up E-Bay for a Y Adapter to get me by for now. However I might modify it slights so the servo's work together a bit better. The Waterproof ones in this Emaxx seems to work really well. Just sloppy linkage due to lack of maintenance.

Well and now, I have a lot to fix. After I made that post I took it out and sheered off the left front lower control arm. Actually managed to snap the metal rod into 3 pieces. As well as ripping a hole in the control arm pivot point. So lots to fix tonight.

Thanks again for all the tips.

RC Qualifier
    I would also look into getting a new single servo, I was always hesitant on pay 100 bucks for a servo but not that's all i use, both my revos and my e-maxx now have Hitec 7954SH, they are dirt and water resistant as well. I filled my servos with grease to further the water protection, I rarely run my RC's in the wet it gets old fast changing locked up bearings. but I've had my emaxx under water by mistake and the servo and MM2 are all still going fine.

RC Qualifier
    Jimmie Neutron,

What do you think of the SkyFly iT4, and which do you think would be better for an Emax...SkyFly iT4 or a Spektrum DX4s?

I have not looked into either... once I purchased my GT3B I stopped researching radios so I can remain blissfully ignorant. lol

RC Qualifier
    Does the GT3B have the ability for telemetry?

RC Competitor
    Looks like a nice enough radio. I had to replace my radio after dropping it on a concrete floor. I don't have the same radio you bought but I did have the same problem. The guy at the hobby shop simply plugged one servo into channel one of the new receiver and the other servo plugged into the aux port or channel 3. He went into the menu and used a mixing feature/setting for the steering and switched from single to dual steering on the radio. It basically makes the 3rd channel your other steering channel. Not sure if your radio has the feature...just thought I'd mention it because it looks higher end than mine and it was an extremely easy fix. Took him all of about 30 seconds. Hope this helps...good luck. BTW mine is a Spektrum DX3C

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarDude View Post
    Does the GT3B have the ability for telemetry?
    No, it does not.