Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 223
  1. #81
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    You have done a great job on this build.... Looks sweet!!!!
    THANKS

    After looking at it all night last night I come to the conclusion that the bed was a little high that's what I've been working on today is lowering the bed a little




    ok bed is lowered and mounted and shocks hooked up just need bed floor!!




    I will be painting it silver to look like a toolbox



    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: merge

  2. #82
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA (Maybe CT this summer)
    Posts
    1,419
    Still looking good! What are you going to use to line the bed?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  3. #83
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Still looking good! What are you going to use to line the bed?
    I am thinking wood

  4. #84
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    64
    You could use black plastidip to line the bed and if it gets scratched you can peel it off and respray it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #85
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    I am going to powder coat it my friend has a powder coat business but i may plastidip it for now i have 3 can of it just sitting here i ws going to ues on somthing but i changed my mind



    i put the motor and esc in it to run it around and it did not last long before the drive shaft broke




    I got some wood for the bed to day they are 5 Gallon Paint Stir Stick free at home depot and lowes


    and yes i will cut them down to fit
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:40 PM. Reason: merge

  6. #86
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    533
    Nice!! Progress looks good. You should try to paint that box like diamond plate or something. Maybe wrap it in vinyl?

  7. #87
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrsilv15 View Post
    Nice!! Progress looks good. You should try to paint that box like diamond plate or something. Maybe wrap it in vinyl?

    i am with this

    http://www.amazon.com/Parma-10605-Di.../dp/B000BON2XM

  8. #88
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    greenwood cemetery bashplex 8))
    Posts
    12,375
    If your snapping axles hauling a trailer, you must really be haulin' donkey!
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...

  9. #89
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    If your snapping axles hauling a trailer, you must really be haulin' donkey!
    no i was not pulling the trailer i was just playing in the houes with it

  10. #90
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    533
    MIP's!!!! Next upgrade.

  11. #91
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    greenwood cemetery bashplex 8))
    Posts
    12,375
    Did you lock the dif? Should not have snapped like that.

    The wooden bed will be killer. Any wooden stakes planned for the sides? Looks like my local distributors beer truck lol.
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...

  12. #92
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Did you lock the dif? Should not have snapped like that.

    The wooden bed will be killer. Any wooden stakes planned for the sides? Looks like my local distributors beer truck lol.
    Yes the diff is locked and i have been thinking of stakes sides just not sure how i want to do them I was thinking of long popsicle sticks but i want them to be removable

    The door logos are on the way

    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:40 PM. Reason: merge

  13. #93
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA (Maybe CT this summer)
    Posts
    1,419
    Bed is looking good and so are the stickers.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  14. #94
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Bed is looking good and so are the stickers.
    Thanks i hope to get the bed floor done this weekend so i can start on the stake body beds sides


    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:39 PM. Reason: merge

  15. #95
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA (Maybe CT this summer)
    Posts
    1,419
    Is there print on both sides of the wood? Also are you going to stain or paint the wood?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  16. #96
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Is there print on both sides of the wood? Also are you going to stain or paint the wood?
    no only has print on one side but i messed up on one when potting it together and i thinking i will stain it






    ok this is not the best looking job but i really don't want to pot a boat-load of time in to the bed sides because i know as soon as it flips and hits something hard they are going to be the first thing to break if i get it all on there and just love it i may try to cut some out of something like coroplast or something like that

    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: merge

  17. #97
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    greenwood cemetery bashplex 8))
    Posts
    12,375
    Guess you either have to unlock the diff, or get some metal shafts. But, what will fit? I would suggest putting 500k in the stock unsealed diff. You will have to break it down every so often to get the small amount of leaked oil out of the gearbox, but its a cheap path to take to stop breaking shafts.
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...

  18. #98
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Guess you either have to unlock the diff, or get some metal shafts. But, what will fit? I would suggest putting 500k in the stock unsealed diff. You will have to break it down every so often to get the small amount of leaked oil out of the gearbox, but its a cheap path to take to stop breaking shafts.
    yes i am looking in to a few things unlocking the diffwill be a last resort i am thinking of cutting down a set of metal shafts i just need to find a set that is spined the entire length of the shaft or at least most of the way like this in the pic




    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: merge

  19. #99
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    422
    Amazing it look so sweet. I have plans making my 3903 E-Maxx a working truck to pull stuff and plow snow, but after reading some of the posts looking at all your pics, this is one cool truck . I always wanted to to my boats down to my pound like this. Though I came late in this thread and didn't read all the posts to find the answer, but did you make the trailer as well?
    Did you say Traxxas?

    Yes with or without lipos.

  20. #100
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA (Maybe CT this summer)
    Posts
    1,419
    Lovin it! No questions for now....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  21. #101
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3
    NICE JOB!!! Keep it up man!!!

  22. #102
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by SouperkNight View Post
    Amazing it look so sweet. I have plans making my 3903 E-Maxx a working truck to pull stuff and plow snow, but after reading some of the posts looking at all your pics, this is one cool truck . I always wanted to to my boats down to my pound like this. Though I came late in this thread and didn't read all the posts to find the answer, but did you make the trailer as well?

    the 2 trailers i have right now are ones i bought from pople i have built a few trailers but i always end up selling them when i get the time i will be making a rv travel trailer

    here is a pic of a trailer i built

  23. #103
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Yakima, Washington
    Posts
    1,379
    Sweet trailer there dude.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

  24. #104
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    greenwood cemetery bashplex 8))
    Posts
    12,375
    How are the rear shocks set? You have no room for any travel.

    The stakes on the bed are awesome. I love this thread.
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...

  25. #105
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    How are the rear shocks set? You have no room for any travel.

    The stakes on the bed are awesome. I love this thread.
    A little going down a good bit of droop i have stoppers on the shaft to stop it from hitting the bed

  26. #106
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA (Maybe CT this summer)
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by james843 View Post
    A little going down a good bit of droop i have stoppers on the shaft to stop it from hitting the bed
    What did you use for stoppers?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  27. #107
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    pageland, sc(south of monroe)
    Posts
    3,694
    That truck is awesome! How difficult is it to maneuver a trailer in reverse with an rc?
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

  28. #108
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    That truck is awesome! How difficult is it to maneuver a trailer in reverse with an rc?
    it is not difficult about the same as a 1:1 truck

    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    What did you use for stoppers?
    some aluminum round spacers

    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:37 PM. Reason: merge

  29. #109
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    pageland, sc(south of monroe)
    Posts
    3,694
    I'm loving this. I'll be honest, when you started this thread, I thought it was silly. But now i see, it's less about rc and more about modeling. That truck looks so cool, and so scale. My first truck was an 87 f250 4x4 when I was 15. I'm 26 and still own that truck, which had been in the family for ten years before I got it. It put bread on the table when I was a little boy. Im a bit partial to old ford trucks. It's beautiful.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

  30. #110
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    480
    Nice looking truck. I love the dually's and the flat bed.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

  31. #111
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    thanks guys

    they did not last long but i did like the sides so i am re doing them way better




    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: merge

  32. #112
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    422
    Sweet decals making it more realistic. Did you got someone to make those for you?

    Do you have plans on adding lights to your truck as well?
    Did you say Traxxas?

    Yes with or without lipos.

  33. #113
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by SouperkNight View Post
    Sweet decals making it more realistic. Did you got someone to make those for you?

    Do you have plans on adding lights to your truck as well?
    yes i had a guy on facebook made the decals for me hrtr is a link https://www.facebook.com/BADRCGraphix

    i am not sure on the lights i was think of it but not sure yet

  34. #114
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1
    What i personally would do is put those blocks that go on the springs and move them in.

  35. #115
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Truck is putting in a little bit of work out picking up the next project




    new sides coming





    Inappropriate content removed. Sexually explicit content is not allowed here on the forums. Any future attempts to link to or otherwise discuss such products will result in the issuance of warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:35 PM. Reason: merge

  36. #116
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Wolfslash16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Riverton Utah
    Posts
    4,121
    Ewwww...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

  37. #117
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278

  38. #118
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. AbSoLooT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    3,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I completely understand. I've had those kinds of projects, sometimes you get neck-deep into them and wonder what the heck you were thinking, and other times you end up with something really cool. That is part of the fun of this hobby!
    I have yet to have a time I get into a project after being neck-deep in it, and wonder what the heck I was thinking. With the Price of RC goodies, I think em out fully far in advance. Thanks just me though> But ur so right. So many great aspects to this hobby!

    Nice Project James! She looks great! Love those decals.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:19 PM. Reason: merge
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

  39. #119
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Nice Project James! She looks great! Love those decals.
    thanks AbSoLooT1

    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-18-2014 at 08:18 PM. Reason: merge

  40. #120
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    351
    Cnc plasma? Niceee

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •