RC poster

Not your typical Ultimate basher thread

I just bought a merv on thursday and i have about 2hrs of run time on it. And ive broken 6 a-arms 2 knuckles the steering servo, blown rear diff and ripped the antenna off.

So far now im running the hot racing kuckles and rpm a-arms as i couldnt find a company out there with a good enough design for a-arms that would be suitable in aluminum. I also put a hitec 5086wp in... My next upgrades will be a good differential possibly off a 1/10th scale and maybe some custom machined bulkheads. I also want to do custom cvds as ive been looking and it seems most of the aftermarket cvds are junk. I also want to machine a good brace for the the chassis other than using a ball link.

Ive been looking at the tbone skids aswell but im not a fan of the look i may just go ti. Whats everyones opinions on the upgrades? If i do any custom machined parts ill be more than willing to make other people the same. I just wanna beat the heck out of this and have it reliable.

As a sidenote i use to own a full unlimited engineering supermaxx so i have high expectations and im willing to do whatever it takes. I however am impressed eith its durability i have beaten it purposely to find weak points. Heck 20 minutes ago i jumped it 30' of a balcony to a flat landing and it drove away!

This post has been edited for bad language. If you type something the word filter turns into **** you must edit the post to remove the offending language or you may receive an infraction and warning points

Dadx2mj
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 09-14-2013 at 09:23 PM.

RC Competitor
    Get the traxxas Steel CVDs, rpm a arms are the best, a arms need flex to live.
    I would get the ring and pinion replacement for the diff by traxxas. Shim your diff, it will help a ton, and you don't want flex in your bulkheads, gpm aluminum are good. Use Jimmies thread to help you shim your bulkhead. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-your-bulkhead

RC poster
    Ive read the traxxas cvds fail as much as the hot racing or gpm ones... Aswell the hot racing gears sound like a better upgrade than stock traxxas.

I might get the gears isf treated with cryo hardening

RC Qualifier
    The Toyz has chassis brace for front n rear.
    The front brace gives good support for the bulkhead as well.

RC Champion
    Stay with the RPM arms, they will last longer than any aluminum arm.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC poster

so after this weekend i stripped the rear diff, broke the rear bulkhead, front body mounts but all in all I'm very pleased with the durability of this thing.

List of hop ups on the vehicle or in the mail.

Rpm a-arms
    Hot racing rear diff
    Hot racing rear bulkhead
    Hot racing front and rear chassis braces
    Hot racing shock bodies and shock caps
    Hot racing progressive springs
    Hot racing knuckles
    Team associated shock fluid
    (4) Traxxas 2200 mah 2c lipo batteries
    Traxxas ez peak smart charger with 2 battery charging adapter
    T-bone Full skid plate
    Spektrum Dx3c
    Hitec 5086wp

I have 4 hours of driving on this thing now and I'm already at 1000$ eekkk.

Anyone have any other suggestions of parts to buy next that will prevent future breakage? Is an aluminum trans case a good idea to protect against slop and stripping?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for that vid!

Those upgrades n hop ups on ur list is similar to what I have on mine
    Trans case is more show than actual heat dissipation or flex.