RC Enthusiast

Uhh Ohhh guess what day it is? Guess what day?

New E~Maxx day... Okay maybe not new but new to me. Picked this truck up at a local garage sale for $5 dollars.... I was speechless and my hands couldn't fumble out the money quick enough before the guy next to me was going to offer the lady more money. Kinda of made me mad he would do that but i had dibs first soo,....

I know this is the older chassis 3906 and its been beating around the bush but all in all motors, esc, batts, and radio are getting replaced. So my question is I know Traxxas use to have a legacy page on the products for the old manuals exploded views and such but I cant find any thing for the older chassis code.

so far iv been lucky finding the parts i need but some not sure about

Need to find out the part number for the front knuckles they need replacements

parts ordered are
    Front bulk head has crack in it
    New skid plates
    New Bumpers.

I am currently looking at just getting a leopard combo just something for Sunday driving and car show toy to run around with. its not going to be a full on basher,. enough blabbing time to show it off please remember this is how i got it not my own doing

RC Enthusiast

RC Champion
    Here is a helpful link to that old beast. Welcome to the forum. http://robotwars.00server.com/emaxxupgrade.html
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Racer
    use the link ajcar gave you, but great truck fo that amount of money you coul buy some lipoes and charger for longer runtimes and more fun.

aluminium skidplates are good to have, most parts from rpm are very good so it is a good start.

RC Qualifier
    Go to the top of the page and press the products tab, once there put 3906 in the search and it will lead you to a page where you can find all the original manuals, exploded views and parts list. I have had to buy some stuff for my 3906 and Traxxas has had alot of them. Many of the parts on the newer Emaxx are the same. Don't forget about Traxxas Power up program. I called traxxas and upgraded the transmitter, receiver, esc and 2 steering servos for $160. Figured I savd at least $100. Converted my motors to the KD Dewalt 14.4 for another $60.00. I also upgraded the wheels and tires from Dollar hobbies I think all 4 were $19.00. Also Traxxas has the clear bodies. The new bodies wont fit. Have fun
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    Go to the top of the page and press the products tab, once there put 3906 in the search and it will lead you to a page where you can find all the original manuals, exploded views and parts list.
    Thank you soooooo much I remembered they had the links under just products page but since moved the legacy models from it but they still have them this is awesome thank you.

RC Enthusiast
    Got a lot done to my new E-maxx List includes

rpm bulk heads
    E revo cvd axles
    hub knuckles
    Wheels,tires from 3903
    bumpers
    skid plates
    integy aluminum battery hold downs
    slipper clutch pegs

I transferred over my old Slash brushless system and using a skylipo 5000 20c, I also locked it in second gear due to not having the third channel witch I'm not interested in getting witch would lead to me breaking something trying to shift.

RC Champion
    From what I understand is you are not really supposed to run the Velineon system in the EMAXX's. It's too small of a motor for the truck and will cause you to burn up your electronics. Since the truck is so heavy and almost considered 1/8th scale it puts too much of a strain on them. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in but I am almost positive.

RC Enthusiast
    Okay so there was doubt about the vxl working in the truck but after a good long 15 min bash of full throttle my gearing is correct with the motor temp only being 104.F out side temp is 74.F not sure what gearing i did select since its been a month since i got around to pulling my lipo out of storage. The one problem i ran into is i can not run dual hard case lipos due to the transmission over lapping the left side holder. all in all I am pleased with this guy and have ran accross a deal for a revo 2.5 i found with some other R.C.'s including a gold pan rc10 Stamp A. So if any one here is a nitro revo guy look for my first post in the revo section.

some pictures

Traxxas does not suggest using the VXL system on such a large vehicle but if you're geared such that it isn't getting hot you'll probably be fine. Just watch those temps and if you see them start spiking figure out what is causing the system to work too hard.

That's a sweet body, how are you going to paint it up?

Traxxas Employee
    Lucky! The 3906 was my first hobby-grade RC car over ten years ago. Amazing that you found one for $5.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks I was thinking a blue metallic/ black. or a Red metallic/ black combo not sure though. definitely going with a black bed liner. I do not have the window cut outs so I'm going to fast mask it. I picked it up with the deal I got for the revo2.5

RC Qualifier
    Great looking E-Maxx! Looks like it perhaps has the Big Bore shocks?! What a steal.

RC Enthusiast
    The VXL works just fine in the MAXX's I talked a local guy here into installing one into his maxx he has been grinning ear to ear since and thanked me for the idea. I just got a 3906 off the bay I am installing the VXL out of my 4-tec into it and won't look back when it gets here next week. If you want proof the VXL works fine in the maxx heres a video of one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T

Video removed due to lyrics.
    ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-01-2014 at 01:17 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Since the video I did not create was pulled...

The video was pulled because it was inappropriate for the forum. That means it does not belong here it does not mean you should tell people how to get to the video anyway.

Dadx2mj
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 02-02-2014 at 11:55 AM.