RC Qualifier

Finally got the Bronco done!!

Took long enough but finally got my Pro-line 73 Bronco body done for my Summit and I LOVE IT!! Just love the Bronco anyway but think it looks great sitting in top of the Summit. Here are a few gratuitous poser shots:

Going to start getting some new videos taken of trail runs with it and hope to have that up around the first of October. It will never look this perfect again. Heading out this afternoon to take the shine off. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

RC Qualifier
    congrats dude.....you have done an awesome job there....looks amazing

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    congrats dude.....you have done an awesome job there....looks amazing
    Thanks I appreciate it. Masking everything off really tested my nerves. But I love how the metallic green came out.

RC Qualifier
    Looks awesome
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

Good lookin rig sir.i alway think I should buy two.one to use and one for going out to a fancy dinner in....lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    Looks awesome
    Thank you sir, appreciate the kind words.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Good lookin rig sir.i alway think I should buy two.one to use and one for going out to a fancy dinner in....lol

Sent using lipo power
    Thanks!

Lol. Yeah you know that's a great idea. Need one body just to be my cowboy Cadillac and shelf queen.

RC Champion
    Bronco's are one of my favorite bodies. They make anything look mean. Awesome rig.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    Bronco's are one of my favorite bodies. They make anything look mean. Awesome rig.
    Thanks!! Totally agree. Hope to get a 1:1 Bronco someday. This will have to do for now. :-)

RC Qualifier
    Wow that came out very well. After I did mine I have a whole different appreciation of how hard it can be. Your detail around the doors and widows turned out very well. Masking that roof line is fun huh. Your decals look great, that front grill and lights were a pain. I like how low you have the body and with the Slingers it just really looks tough. You have more guts than me, My Bronco is still sitting proud and has never seen the trail. Cant bring myself to scratch it. Have fun and enjoy your handy work, great job.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC Qualifier
    Looks great, I love the color choice too! What tow strap material do you have going there?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    Wow that came out very well. After I did mine I have a whole different appreciation of how hard it can be. Your detail around the doors and widows turned out very well. Masking that roof line is fun huh. Your decals look great, that front grill and lights were a pain. I like how low you have the body and with the Slingers it just really looks tough. You have more guts than me, My Bronco is still sitting proud and has never seen the trail. Cant bring myself to scratch it. Have fun and enjoy your handy work, great job.
    Thanks for the kind words. Boy you said it, that roof line was a pain to tape off. I sometimes wonder if I should try that liquid mask stuff but just still stay with the tape. It's what I know now.

Yeah the decals in the front were a pain but was all worth it when I saw the final result. Really love the lines on the Bronco body. Really muscular and works well with the overall Summit look.

I used the pictures of your Bronco quite a bit as a guide. Thank you for that. Had a great model to use. I was trying to get the body to sit low so I could use the existing bumpers on the summit and not on the body. Just personal preference. To do it I had flip the front bumper mount and shave off some if the front skid plate but love the final product.

Went out and drove with the new body yesterday for 3 hours. Like you said not easy to do but I finally broke the seal and did it. Looks so good crawling on the rocks. It's a nice change from the stock summit body and that is what I was looking for. :-)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    Looks great, I love the color choice too! What tow strap material do you have going there?
    Thanks! Yeah it's metallic green from Pactra. Love Pactra paints and just love green in general. Got lucky and it came out great.

As far as the tow strap on there, I bought some yellow shoe laces from the dollar store. Then just used black electrical tape to tape up a loop on each end so they would fit around an attachment point. Not functional but looks pretty scale from a bit away. :-)

RC Racer
    mines a lil different

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

you guys with these broncos are making it so hard not to get the mud slingers they look so good on it

RC Qualifier

Finally got the Bronco done!!

Hey yeah I saw your Bronco on the other thread. Love your take on it. Really like the flat non gloss paint finish. How did you get it to come out like that?

I have been wanting to do a body with a flat non gloss finish bloke the one you would see on a fighter jet.

And yeah the Mudslingers are great. Don't fight it. Just get a set you won't regret it. :-)

RC Qualifier
    pretty spiffy rig you have goin on there sactown. she's really gonna look good once the trail adds some "character" to the new body.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro22 View Post
    Is this painted on the outside? I saw a beat up SCX10 painted on the outside and silver on the inside. The scratches on the body showed silver through like a real banged up 1:1. I thought it was cool, kinda realistic.
    Brushless 19/62 SPC 8.2 It's not a Tekin or a MM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    pretty spiffy rig you have goin on there sactown. she's really gonna look good once the trail adds some "character" to the new body.
    Thanks!! Got my first "character" marks the other day. Cringed at first but had to be done. Had to get that out of the way. Now it's full speed ahead. :-)

RC Qualifier
    Great work ST! Metallic green just looks mean!
    Have fun adding character!
    Working hard to appear reasonably sane.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Switchblade View Post
    Great work ST! Metallic green just looks mean!
    Have fun adding character!
    Thanks for the kind words. Adding character is what I plan on doing. Wish I didn't keeping having work get in the way of driving. :-)

RC Racer
    the paint is on the outside its blue underneath and its all scratched up now and looks sweet with the blue comming through ill post pics

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

you can kinda see it in this pic to
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by speedpro22; 09-16-2013 at 12:01 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I like that with the paint on top and allowing it to scratch through to a base color. Gives you a little more realistic trail damage.

I would have to go with silver on the underside so you have that bare metal silver coming through. Either way very cool idea.

RC Racer
    just a basher body new body soon i hope
    Traxxas summit
    Traxxas rustler vxl