RC Racer

Tips for puttig shocks back in ?

They're alright coming out, but getting cap end back in is nightmare, Anyone have any tips on easing the process?

RC Champion
    just make sure the ball is lined up with the grove and push it in.. sometimes it takes a little force.

RC Racer
    That's problem, the balls won't stay still

RC Qualifier
    The shock reinstall is a real pain. I have done it a dozen times or so now so it is easier. Install the NON cap side first into the rocker arms. Then you can push or pull the shock with the suspension and rocker arms to get the cap side aligned with the hole. The problem is the ball alignment. You have to get the top and bottom of the ball to slide in. I use a small awl to keep the ball aligned and once in I use the awl to align the ball to the hole. Insert the screw and attach. It would be great to do all this with 3 sets of hands. Try this and see if it helps. It does get easier after you have done it a couple times.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I do something similar to the awl trick... I just use a Allen driver instead.

Once you do it a few times the mount will actually get looser too... it is not a bad thing as the shock is still held very securely in place, it just makes it easier to get them seated into place.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    I have my own solution. Disconnect the rocker arms from the rockers. Makes it so much easier