High School is awesome!:)

So I haven't been posting much on the forum as I've been busy with school and other stuff.
    I went into grade 9 and I must say that high school is amazing.
    Honestly I didn't think it would be this great

I've probably made about 60 close friends over the past two weeks and everyone's just really nice
    Last year in grade 8 I rushed through homework and needed tutoring for my French
    I am in French immersion but I was falling behind and getting 50-70% on most assignment and at the end of the year I got it to about 75% on most of my work in French. My average was about 78%

This year in high school I've continued the French immersion program.
    This semester I have French, art, gym and english
    I only have one French class obviously.

Right now, even though it's early on, I have the highest mark in English and my French has improved
    Art and gym are easy so its good there too

Even though I've been staying up late to finish my homework (6 hours of it) I must say high school is amazing. I find it a lot more fun. It feels more "real" the elementary school. In grade 7&8 I felt that school was a joke because it felt fake to me. The added responsibility and the management of time makes it feel more real.

Any other minor niners want to share their high school experiance or anyone really at all have some advice or tips?

Oh and PS.. We have to do our beep test at school. Everyone says I should make it to the tenth level. The school record is 14 and the average student in my grade has gotten to level 4.
    Anybody ever done it? Apparently it's real hard.
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    French becomes hard in High School. I'm in Grade 11 myself and I used to be in French Immersion Grades 7-10 and I switched out because it comes down to a lot of writing in French which becomes really tiring and boring quickly (for me at least). I finished FLA with a 75% average and ELA with a 70% average because I had the worst French teacher in Grade 10 and the hardest marker for ELA (she marks diplomas so she would call out ANY mistake I made). If you love French, go for it, just be warned, it's much harder in high school. Averages drop anywhere from 5-10% if you stay constant with the amount of effort (if you put 80% effort last year and got 80%, this year you put in 80% effort and get 70-75%). Have fun in High school! I know I am haha!

oh and for the beep test, go to 4 and pretend you can't do any better. It's a stupid test, like their just testing to see how fit you are, clearly some people will do better than others. I made it to 4 and I got 100% everytime because I acted really tired. It worked! just save yourself the effort.
    Brushless Rips, Nitro Drips!!! BL Power FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by vladsly View Post
    French becomes hard in High School. I'm in Grade 11 myself and I used to be in French Immersion Grades 7-10 and I switched out because it comes down to a lot of writing in French which becomes really tiring and boring quickly (for me at least). I finished FLA with a 75% average and ELA with a 70% average because I had the worst French teacher in Grade 10 and the hardest marker for ELA (she marks diplomas so she would call out ANY mistake I made). If you love French, go for it, just be warned, it's much harder in high school. Averages drop anywhere from 5-10% if you stay constant with the amount of effort (if you put 80% effort last year and got 80%, this year you put in 80% effort and get 70-75%). Have fun in High school! I know I am haha!

oh and for the beep test, go to 4 and pretend you can't do any better. It's a stupid test, like their just testing to see how fit you are, clearly some people will do better than others. I made it to 4 and I got 100% everytime because I acted really tired. It worked! just save yourself the effort.
    Okay!
    My french teacher apparently gives out marks really easy so I should be good
    As for the beep test at my school I think if you make it to 4 you get 50% and 6 is 80%

RC Qualifier
    What's the beep test?

I don't mind high school. It's going to be difficult this winter when I have 2 college classes to keep up on PLUS high school classes.. Ugh!
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    What's the beep test?

I don't mind high school. It's going to be difficult this winter when I have 2 college classes to keep up on PLUS high school classes.. Ugh!

The beep test is a running test. Basiclly running line back and forth in a gym. As you get from one line to another the time allowed decreases. Ive done it many time for police trainning. Check this out. It tough work. All military, seals, special ops use this test.

Old You tube vidoe, but you get the idea. By stage 6-7 your running pretty hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weEe4V0Ot2Y
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Racer
    I'm in 10 th grade and getting a job this fall to pay for rc stuff... That's like the only reason lol but at my school we call the beep test the pacer test and I do like 10 laps and quit cause I don't want to get all sweaty lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    SLASH 2X4 VXL
    VINTAGE BIG BEAR

RC Qualifier
    9th grade isn't really high school but I'm glad you are liking it. I don't like school but I do ok I'm in grade 12.
    I haTE the beep test! ! I usually get around level 13 though

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

RC Champion
    Who needs a beep test when you have a 13 mile test.... lol gotta love cross country. I probably don't have a good grade in French right now, most kids in the US dont start a language until 9th grade.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Man, I loved highschool, the greatest 7 years of my life!!!!

Just kidding...

Seriously,
    But, it is a lot of fun, you are old enough to start getting to do things you haven't been able to (like driving), but young enough that mom and dad aren't ready to kick you out of the house. Enjoy this time, relish it, it goes by really quick. When you graduate you will wonder were the time between now and then went.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Glad you are enjoying the transition 8).
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Man, I loved highschool, the greatest 7 years of my life!!!!

Just kidding...

Seriously,
    But, it is a lot of fun, you are old enough to start getting to do things you haven't been able to (like driving), but young enough that mom and dad aren't ready to kick you out of the house. Enjoy this time, relish it, it goes by really quick. When you graduate you will wonder were the time between now and then went.
    Aha I've heard it goes by quick
    Even grade 7&8 went by fast for me

RC Competitor
    Ok, the beep test for my high school goes all the way up to 340!!! but only the football players make it to there. I made it to 280. Which for a 270 pound guy ain't bad in my option.

Quote Originally Posted by slashman360 View Post
    Ok, the beep test for my high school goes all the way up to 340!!! but only the football players make it to there. I made it to 280. Which for a 270 pound guy ain't bad in my option.
    I bet your school has a different system to record the results

RC Competitor
    Yea, I think so!!!

RC Qualifier
    Beep test kind of looks like suicides, if you know what those are. Looks easy IMHO.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    I'm also in High School now, and I can start driving to school next month (October 6th) for my birthday, let the countdown... Commence! I can't wait, I'm literally one of the last to be able to drive. I already have my car and everything!
    Brushless Rips, Nitro Drips!!! BL Power FTW!

Beep test kind of looks like suicides, if you know what those are. Looks easy IMHO.
    Aha appaently the 6th round is when more "fit" people get tired
    Some people were already dropping out at level 2

RC Champion
    SO confused, what is a beep test?
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Racer
    its a physical running test. back and forth with a buzzer that you have to beat.
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Qualifier
    Ohh. We call it the pacer test. I've gotten to like 60 something. 80s are usually where the last guys drop out. High school is great... just know that it's what you make it. I've chosen to stay out of sports activities and stuff just because I'm not into any of it but you can really get a lot out of those programs. Also, stay on top of your work! It really isn't that hard if you stay on it. I learned that the hard way and now I'm doing junior and senior years at the same time so I can graduate on time. This should be a relaxing senior year but instead I have 2 maths, 2 englishes, and 2 sciences.

RC Qualifier
    Its not. Trust me. You start slow but when you start to Sprint it gets tiring fast because you were constantly running.
    It might be easy for usain bolt though xD

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

RC Qualifier
    It may help that I'm used to running constantly.. I run cross country and have a decent amount of sprinting speed.
    Never trust a fart.

Im having a good start!
    We got reports home from English class and my average is 97%!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    Im having a good start!
    We got reports home from English class and my average is 97%!
    Great job stay on top of it .wish I could could go back and hit up grade school again a

samsung galaxy note 2
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

Quote Originally Posted by chadkillzone View Post
    Great job stay on top of it .wish I could could go back and hit up grade school again a

samsung galaxy note 2
    Aha I will!
    LOL I haven't felt smart since I was a child