RC poster

How's the New telluride?

How's the telluride comment if you have it and leave a comment about the pro's and con's. I heard it has non adjustable camber link's and a plastic centre shaft?

Traxxas Employee
    Don't knock the nylon driveshaft. I put an aluminum one in and promptly took it back out. The nylon one is a little quieter and smoother. I'm also using a brushless setup which it can more than handle.

RC Qualifier
    Not sure where to post this, as they aren't my videos, so I will try it here, URC videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taPnX...gJHCQCRFtHQIdw
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Enthusiast
    I have had mine for about three days now, and so far i really like it. yes, the vehicle is a bunch of compromise, but i think that
    adds to the appeal. I like that it isn't too fast (my lcg slash handles that need),and so it doesn't break a lot, but on 2s lipo with an extra 2 teeth on the pinion it has some good scoot and seems to be pretty apt on the trail. I let a noob friend drive it and i
    had no worries about the vehicle getting stuck or broken. this vehicle to me fits the basher bill just fine i put in a battery and just go wet, rocks, dirt, the street to a lesser degree all easily handled.

RC Qualifier
    What kind of motor temps are you seeing?
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Enthusiast
    so far i havent done to much trail type of stuff, and i also dont have a temp gun. having said that the motor usually isnt too hot to touch, still very warm, but not burn the finger hot. also the temps around here have started cooling down so a blast up and
    down the street helps cool off the motor. right now the motor and esc seem to stay cooler than the stock configuration (on nimh), but that may be due to the motor breaking in. i also gotta mention its been some 7 years since i last had anything brushed so my feelings on not too hot may be off i dont really remember.

RC Enthusiast
    This is my first RC. I am very happy with it so far. I immediatly upgraded to to some Lipos and I think the car is fairly quick for what I use it for. In the back yard and on trails its plenty quick. On longer runs it does seem slow but I don't really do much long runs with it. I have read bad things about the 12T motor but I did the break in as suggested and so far running strong after a few weeks of use. I keep the motor temps at 150 or less. What maintenance should I be doing with the motor? Like I said so far it has been good. The problems I have had are: I bent both front shock shafts. The more I run it the diffs seem to have less grip. It would do wheelies when new, but now it will not. The bent shocks are probably from me running into things, but I can't say for sure. The other thing I noticed is that it if hitting a jump or big dip at speed it will bottom out the front gaurd and sometimes cause the car to flip. It also seems top be riding a little lower than when new. Might needs a bit stiffer spring but I dont want to make it too bouncy. Overall very happy with it so far.

What maintenance should I be doing with the motor? Like I said so far it has been good.
    Welcome to the forums! As long as you clean it out with electric motor cleaner (or non chlorinated brake cleaner) and lube the bushings on both sides, it should be fine.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    Hey, thanks for the info. What do you recommend using for lube on the bushings?

Hey, thanks for the info. What do you recommend using for lube on the bushings?
    Your welcome. I would just a 3 in 1 oil, or any mineral oil.

RC poster
    I love my Telluride! I too bought it as my first RC and I think for the money it's a great little truck. Running bone stock it's great fun on and off the tarmac and you can even do a little crawling. I'm very happy with it and plan to run it right through the winter. Bought a few more batteries so far but don't plan on any core upgrades.

How long do the Lipo cells take to charge compared to the nimh?
    Last edited by EXCellR8; 09-16-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Welcome to the forums! Depends on the batteries, but a good rule of thumb is nimh's take almost twice as long to charge vs lipos.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by EXCellR8 View Post
    I love my Telluride! I too bought it as my first RC and I think for the money it's a great little truck. Running bone stock it's great fun on and off the tarmac and you can even do a little crawling. I'm very happy with it and plan to run it right through the winter. Bought a few more batteries so far but don't plan on any core upgrades.

The first thing I did was switch to 2s , 5000 mah Lipo batteries and 6 amp EZ pack charger. On balance charge mode it take an hour or less to charge the lipos from completely dead. The batteries seem to run forever and charge time is quick. Best investment for first time user IMO.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 71 cam View Post
    The first thing I did was switch to 2s , 5000 mah Lipo batteries and 6 amp EZ pack charger. On balance charge mode it take an hour or less to charge the lipos from completely dead. The batteries seem to run forever and charge time is quick. Best investment for first time user IMO.
    I agree that charger is the best upgrade a newcomer can buy. WHo can wait 8 hours for their battery to charge?? LOL.... thats the worst...You just get this brand new awesome truck...then have to just sit there and stare at it for 8 hours waiting for it to charge... LOL... IF you are still using the stock battery charger Click here to check this charger out...