RC Competitor

attaching front end

so im in middle of restoring my revo and im trying to attach the front end back to the chassis, is there a special way to do it so the drive shafts line up, do i gotta take off the toe links, rods etc and just do the bulkhead ot make it easier, im trying to attach it with everything already attached to the bulkhead but the drive shafts keep moving and just wont get in the hole lol ive done it this way before but must of been fluke cause ive been trying for an hour already, cant really guide itin the hole as there like no room, rear end a lot easier since shafts longer

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-13-2013 at 08:28 AM.

RC Qualifier
    The front is tricky with the stock shafts.

Flip the car over, put the two parts of the driveshaft together and attach it ONLY to the transmission side.
    Slide/shift the fully build front-end in place. Try to wiggle the loose other end of the driveshaft over the diff input shaft.
    Poke throught the rods and links and attach the grub screw to secure the shaft.

If i recall correctly thats how i've done it before i got steel shafts, which are a bit easier to get together.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Make sure to line the shaft up too... they only go together correctly in 2 directions.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    i actually ended up doing it that way lol i didnt want to tho but overall ended up taking a lot less than fiddling the other way

totally unrelated, was almost done puttin the thing together but decided to clean out the tranny, and taking out the 6 bearings, one of them was seized and all the balls just fell out lol, just took one from the pinion to put it back together but now i cant drive the thing till i get 1 bearing

yeah they were lined up, what made it a pain was the shaft wouldnt stay still at all so its just flop down or whichever way, i remember last time i did it when was practical brand new the ujoints were still stiff so the shaft would stay pretty good
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-13-2013 at 08:29 AM. Reason: merge & bypassing the language filter.

RC Champion
    I've never had any more difficulty with the front over the rear with the exception of the center shaft being a little more difficult on the front.

In fact...I just dissassembled,cleaned,shimmed,and reassembeled a mini Slash front diff in about 30 minutes a couple nights ago.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Racer
    good pit-stop time dcfox !

RC Champion
    Thanks...I wasnt trying to hurry...could have probably shaved quite a few minutes off that time if I had to.

I think I actually like working on the 1/16 cars as much if not more than driving them.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker