RC Racer

Telluride on Lipo?

can this thing run on lipo power? any reviews or observations?
    I play til something breaks

RC Qualifier
    I don't own one but I don't see why not, it uses an XL5 ESC and a Titan 12t motor which both can cope with Lipo batteries.

Traxxas Employee
    yes it can run lipo on the xl5 esc and titan motor. you just need to keep an eye on the engine temps....
    slash 4x4 lcg, telluride(modded), TCP........and other things

RC Competitor
    Is it limited to 2S, or can the ESC / motor handle 3S?

Traxxas Employee
    xl5 is 2s lipo
    slash 4x4 lcg, telluride(modded), TCP........and other things

RC Champion
    The XL-5 is good for up to 9.6v and the Titan 12t should be capable of 9.6v too, but I've seen the 12t's die early deaths on 7.2v. On the other hand, I've also run a Wheely King with that combo on 3s, the store demo at my store also has run 3s on that combo, and a friend build a mud truck running the XL-5 with some sort of 15t 540 motor (can't remember which one) on 3s as well wihout issue, but this is a "try at your own risk" scenario, so don't do it if you can't afford to buy another motor or esc!
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Enthusiast
    i used the nimh battery for about 2 runs, and it ran ok, but i think the drain was too high with the four wheel drive. the truck started off great, but ran out of steam really quick. i swapped out the traxxas connector for a deans and away i went. the first thing i noticed was once the peak was gone from the lipo the truck was really punchy but slower, and so after breaking it in i put a 14t pinon on it and got the speed back with better tq than the nimh. now as far as how long the titan will last, that only time will tell. i can tell you on a five k pack the run time feels like forever.

RC Enthusiast
    I have 2s, 5000 lipos in mine. It works fine but if I am doing a lot of hard slow speed stuff the motor gets pretty warm (150) after about 15-20 mins. The truck seems to stay at a consistent speed and the 5000's last for about 40min.

RC poster
    Hello everyone! First post on the forum!

I just learned the Telluride CAN take 2s Lipos...? I do have some Lipos left from other RC and they are not being used anymore. They are 2200mah 2S 40~80C. Are these safe to use? I'm reading over so other posts about overheating issues. I'm not looking to go any faster, but it would be nice to have extra batteries. Maybe lipos are not worth the risk..?

RC Racer
    I just learned the Telluride CAN take 2s Lipos...? I do have some Lipos left from other RC and they are not being used anymore. They are 2200mah 2S 40~80C. Are these safe to use? I'm reading over so other posts about overheating issues. I'm not looking to go any faster, but it would be nice to have extra batteries. Maybe lipos are not worth the risk..?[/QUOTE]

They will work fine. Brushed motors run great on 2s lipo.
    (2) Slash 4x4 HCG

RC poster
    Just ran a 5200 2s lipo in mine ran great on it.

RC poster
    I use only Lipos, from 5000mah 30c to 6000mah 40-80c.
    No issues at all and great running times