RC poster

Angry Buyer Beware QR1

I own a DR1 and QR1 as well as the Helimax 1SQ so I am familiar with RC aircraft. I would not advise anyone to purchase the QR1 because it is made poorly and I have had nothing but problems with it. Out of the box it flew like a champ but after a few days and minor crashes (bumping into a wall/ falling 4-5' to the ground on carpet) the QR1 would start to intermittently change the throttle. The battery was fine and under testing it would have the same problem using a different battery. I contacted Traxxas and sent the QR1 in for repairs. They determined there was a problem with the main board and sent me a replacement. The replacement was a used QR1 that had a battery left inside it. I instantly tested the replacement only to have the same problem. I called traxxas again and was told they do not ship replacements with batteries included and to send them back the QR1. They sent me a new in box QR1 (looked used) and once again the same problem. I tried to tell them it most likely was the controller but they only wanted the QR1 back again! once again I sent it back and was told this time there was nothing wrong with it and this was the last time they would honor the warranty. I am now the proud owner of a QR1 that does not work.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 09-12-2013 at 03:16 PM.

I am sorry to hear the circumstances that bring you to the forum and assure you this is not the experience most people have with the QR-1 or Traxxas support. I have edited your post to remove some uncalled for comments that amounted to personal attacks on the tech support personnel that you clearly can not know to be fact.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power