RC Qualifier

I know I'm gonna sound dumb here

On the top of the transmitter there is the switch to lock the diffs. (Left) not locked, (middle) Front Locked, (right) all lock

If I have the above correct, what does this actually mean? When I have the switch in the "middle" position, what is actually happening?

When do you know to flick the switch?

Switch in the middle is front diff locked,both wheels receive equal power regardless of traction available.i use front lock quite a bit.acts as a poor mans dig.
    With diffs locked turning radius is sacraficed

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    not a dumb question. locked means the same amount of power is going to the wheels. hard to explain. unlock your diffs and hold one of the wheels and hit throttle (lightly). All the wheels except for the one you are holding should spin. now lock the diff and hit throttle again (lightly). this should help you understand whats happening.

you want to lock when crawling,climbing, mud-bogging. you do NOT want to lock when you are bashing because it puts too much strain on drivetrain. you will notice you lose a bit of turning radius when locked as well. you should only flick the switch while at a stop so you don't blow any gears.

RC Qualifier
    I use the front locked when going up steep inclines. this way the rear gets a less traction and prevents me from flipping backwards.

What's a dig?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Dig:
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    So what is Far right when switched?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    You answered that in your first post...

All locked... both front and rear axles.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Jimmie. Not sure how locking the front acts as a dig according to jamann's post. I lock front and doesn't seem to improve turning radius. Not nearly like a real dig. Very cool feature though!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    You answered that in your first post...

All locked... both front and rear axles.
    Whoops, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by mrhammer2u View Post
    Thanks Jimmie. Not sure how locking the front acts as a dig according to jamann's post. I lock front and doesn't seem to improve turning radius. Not nearly like a real dig. Very cool feature though!
    It doesn't act as a dig as it is not a dig.it helps by the rear wheel with the most traction does not drive when open.that wheel when up against some thing acts as a pivot point so to speak allowing the front when locked to somewhat pull the front when climbing.I didn't really explain it very well.play around with it and you will see what I'm trying to say

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Locking the fronts allows for a tighter turn radius on dirt, the back end comes around much easier when you juice the throttle.