RC Competitor

Dewalt where to buy help

Help please where do I get a dewalt motor from should I buy a drill and rip it apart ?

HSV CLUBSPORT BUILD#330

RC Competitor
    I just ordered a motor and cooling fan less than an hour ago from Kershaw designs http://kershawdesigns.com/E-Revo-Sin...Conversion.htm Might find just a motor cheaper but they include the motor plate adapter plus they will pre-wire it...a little more plug and play.

Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Summitmamba1 View Post
    Help please where do I get a dewalt motor from should I buy a drill and rip it apart ?

HSV CLUBSPORT BUILD#330

Someone failed to read the FAQ

http://www.dewalt.com/Find-Service-Center.aspx

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...lt_motors.html
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
    I just ordered a motor and cooling fan less than an hour ago from Kershaw designs http://kershawdesigns.com/E-Revo-Sin...Conversion.htm Might find just a motor cheaper but they include the motor plate adapter plus they will pre-wire it...a little more plug and play.
    +1 I would buy this. Its very easy to do and everything is ready to go. I have done a total of 4 of them and have no complaints.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

Perhaps the OP should post where he is located. The spelling of "tyres' in an earlier post suggests something other than the Lower 48.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Perhaps the OP should post where he is located. The spelling of "tyres' in an earlier post suggests something other than the Lower 48.
    You don't miss many details do you.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Even a blind squirrel...

Yup - an Aussie, specifically in or from NSW per latest post(s).

Anybody know if KD ships there?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Even a blind squirrel...

Yup - an Aussie, specifically in or from NSW per latest post(s).

Anybody know if KD ships there?
    I bought two Dewalts from KD, they just took a while to get here. Whether that was due to having taken a while to get posted from KD or just slow service from USPS. On the other hand ErbeSumm bought a Dewalt from KD and experienced various problems with Dan eg. not being sent off, false tracking details. In the end he cancelled the order, I can't complain with his service.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I am in Western Australia and KD apparently post here so they will also post to NSW.

I bought the Dewalt conversion kit on July 27th and got the following shipping details on the 29th.

Then three weeks later when I contacted KD I got this reply

On 20/08/2013, at 9:49 PM, "Dan Fischer" <dan@kershawdesigns.com> wrote:
    For that order, yes I see it now. i must have missed it coming in. I'll make sure that goes out right away. Sorry about that delay.
    Dan Fischer

So what were those tracking details?????

Then a couple of days later I wanted to check that he had now posted it so I wrote

Hi,
    Can you please confirm that you have posted my order of the DeWalt Single Motor Conversion kit? I haven't received any notification that a package has been posted as I have in the past.
    Thank you

His reply

yes, did that late late week. did a tracking number reach you by email?
    Dan Fischer

Long story short(ish) - he then just refunded my purchase and won't answer my emails!!

Such a dodgy character to take my money, post nothing, send fake shipping details, apologize three weeks later when called on it, say he'll post it ASAP, again post nothing, and when called on it again a month after the original purchase he refunds the purpose and doesn't reply to any emails!!!

In my experience, as you can tell - AVOID AVOID AVOID KERSHAW DESIGNS!!

RC Racer
    i put in a order 3 days ago. after reading this and some other post about the same thing happing. not sur if i want to wait and see if he takes my money

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jwc0108 View Post
    i put in a order 3 days ago. after reading this and some other post about the same thing happing. not sur if i want to wait and see if he takes my money
    I would email Dan and let him know your concern and make sure everything is in order, before you cancel the order. Like I said above I have done 4 conversions and bought many misc parts from him and have not had any trouble. I do know trying to do business over seas can be a bear. Lots of things happen out of his control.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC Competitor
    Interesting info...I haven't got any response concerning my order, granted it's only been 2 days so I am not real concerned but I did e-mail him and referred to this forum string.

RC Competitor
    Got a quick response from Dan, my order will ship early next week.

RC Competitor
    Ordered the KD 820 motor conversion for my Summit, shipped to France in about 10 days, no issue

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
    Got a quick response from Dan, my order will ship early next week.
    looks like we put in a order about the same time. i have emailed him and haven't got a response back that was last week

RC Competitor
    I did get my motor as promised but no communication that it had shipped. So I give a thumbs up on product delivery and quality easy to install and truck runs great! Could have used a little more communication though.