RC Enthusiast

What to upgrade right out of the box?

About to pick up an E-Revo Brushless Edition. I have been out of the hobby for about ten years and am trying to research this truck. I would like to know if there are any essential upgrades that I should get right from the start that way I can save on shipping?

RC Racer
    I put a wheelie bar on just to minimize damage to the fin from wheelies.

Be sure to tighten slipper clutch (too loose out of the box) or it won't wheelie and will potentially melt the spur gear.

RC Racer
    Balance the wheels. I had one that would start bouncing at around 15mph and two more chimed in at around 30. The bad one took almost 7gms to balance. That's ridiculous.
    Sure it'll work, watch this

RC Racer
    How do you balance the wheels? What do you use?

Galaxy Tab2
    USAF, Retired
    ERBE, Dewalt EMaxx, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Depend on how you want to use the truck. Myself I put on RPM A-Arms all around and turnbuckles. With these upgrade I havent broke a single part. What batteris are you planning on getting ? Here mine.

I agree with Dementor on the wheelie bar. I changed my wheels to these Proline Road Rage's as I do alot of speed runs on 6s lipo
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    Depend on how you want to use the truck. Myself I put on RPM A-Arms all around and turnbuckles. With these upgrade I havent broke a single part. What batteris are you planning on getting ? Here mine.

I agree with Dementor on the wheelie bar. I changed my wheels to these Proline Road Rage's as I do alot of speed runs on 6s lipo
    I am going with the combo that comes with the two Traxxas lipo's. I was thinking about getting the black body but the pictures that I have seen have a lot of red on it whereas yours looks like the black body without all the red. What color is your truck?

RC Qualifier
    Looks like the gray one.

I think the best upgrade from stock is new tires, stock wont last long on 6s. Upgrade the other parts when you eventually break them.

RC Qualifier
    I got that body @ my LHS. I think it was a Pro Graphix kit black. Its intended to be painted, but I liked the transparent look. Its kinda like a dark tint which I like. Like WesleyK mentions if your going 6s the stock wheels arent gonna hold up. And cuz they balloon up, and are so badly balanced, its tough to keep the car under control
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by vwdaveb View Post
    How do you balance the wheels? What do you use?

Galaxy Tab2
    I have a Losi balancer that comes with clay for balancing. It's kind of pricey though. You can disconnect a drive line to a wheel and use that to balance.

The stock tires are going to balloon a lot, specially on 6S. They balloon pretty bad on 4S.
    Last edited by Flyextreme; 09-12-2013 at 12:28 PM.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...wheel-balancer

post 31
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4909771

the servo linkage need alignment, stop servos from humming..
    buy Castle link

upgrade post 172 push rods.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5256176

AOD's Links Revo

Erevo 101:
    EREVO FAQ

Lipo, LVC, Brushless & Battery charger/charging guides & purchasing links:
    TUTORIALS

Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE

Refer to this to find parts, upgrades, batts & chargers etc:
    USEFUL LINKS

And direct from Castle Creations ( the esc manufacturers ):
    MMM FAQ

Driver's ED Manual

LED warning light meanings
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    I have Pro-line 3.8 Road Rage tires and Pro-line Black Chrome Wheels with 1/2" offset on order. Will tape then glue the tires to minimize ballooning. Using the 1/2" offset to widen the stance of the eRevo but will also be able to use em on my Summit. My stock tires are doing fine on 6S and smooth accelerations in order to avoid ripping them apart as can be seen on youtube videos. Getting above 50 mph, the ballooning of the front tires lifts the front end causing wheelies and the sides of the body start to vibrate (need taped tires and taping the body to achieve better control on faster runs). Still a wild ride.

Also ordering the Traxxas Mounted Wheelie Bar Tires on Blue Wheels to have better wheelie roll.

I liked the Blue eRevo over the Red and Black with streaks of Red.

RC Racer
    I can't stress enough how important balancing the wheels is. It seems to get over looked fairly easy.

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you all for the information. My order has just been placed and expecting it between 9/20-9/23. Very excited!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    You should be

RC Enthusiast
    After running some more research, I added a few items to my order before tower shipped. Along with the E-Revo Brushless combo with the lipo batteries, I also purchased the Traxxas sway bar kit, Proline Road Rage tires, Traxxas wheelie bar and Traxxas aluminum/rubber wheelie wheels. From what I have read, this should help with a lot of out of the box upgrades. So what should be a next must have upgrade? I am leaning towards all steel driveshafts and Castle Creations MM2 waterproof esc.

I am leaning towards all steel driveshafts and Castle Creations MM2 waterproof esc.
    Don't waste big $$$ for steel drive shafts, just get some full size Summit drive shafts.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    I know that this is not a Nitro nor a T-Maxx forum but I just wanted to share a couple of photos from my RC past before financial hardships forced me to sell. Now that I am back on my feet, I can't wait for my new E-Revo to arrive.

RC Enthusiast
    I know that this is not a Nitro nor a T-Maxx forum but I just wanted to share a couple of photos from my RC past before financial hardships forced me to sell. Now that I am back on my feet, I can't wait for my new E-Revo to arrive.

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry for the duplicate

Dang, is ^ that made out of all Integy?!? Maybe it's a good thing you sold it... JK
    Either way, looks like it was a ton of fun.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast

RC Enthusiast
    Really sorry for duplicates. My mobile forum uploads were taking a long time so I may have clicked a couple of times

RC Racer
    Adding Summit Lights and bumpers to front and back of my eRevo. Modified back Summit bumper and mounted it upside down with cutout so wheelie bar can be mounted at its highest position. Occasionally mount summit rear bumper holder upside down on the front for lower bumper position. This is for night driving. Drilled two holes in front bumper to optionally mount lights without the chrome parts attached. I may add he Summit light bar to he front bumper for more light as it looks good on my Summit.