RC Qualifier

Bullet Proof Diff

Has anyone tired this HPI bullet proof diff? it comes stock only in the HPI Savage Flux,

I met a guy at the skate park with a Flux and Nitro and it bet the truck so hard I was embarrassed to say i owned an Erevo. He back flipped out of a 10 feet half pipe, so the truck landed flat from about 18 feet in the air with the wheels spinning warp speed and it keeps on going, there were black marks on the concret and a scratch from the skid-plates, like this truck breaks concrete and keeps going.

This got me thinking if the diffs fit in an Erevo or Emaxx that would solve a lot of problems, it would make an emaxx the ultimate bashing truck as you can get so much aluminum for it. but the erevo is in bad need of better diffs, the emaxx is easy to get losi diffs installed, the erevo not so much.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXYDN6&P=ML

here are just the diff rings, you could get a whole diff from a chop shop, I wanted to see if anyone has test fitted one, I asked the guy if he takes out his savage diffs to let me know, I have lots of broken diffs to compare sizes.

RC Qualifier
    Hmmm... Currently only the losi diffs fit in our (modified) bulkheads. Which is are plenty strong, i would say maybe even stronger than the Savage diffs. The Savage diffs are 1/8th scale, and will not fit the standard E-Revo bulks, at all. When i'm done with my own hybrid bulkheads i'm going to check if i can fit some ofna spider diffs in it. 6 Spiders gears , That should be strong enough.

One of the strongest diffs available at the moment

RC Qualifier
    Spider gears are not my problem, I dont know what everyone is breaking but in my revo it's the ring gear almost every time. Ive got my slipper loose, if I go full throttle from standstill you can hear it slip. I also have 20 or 30% punch control I think I changed it to 30a while back.

I seen guys with the hot racing aluminum diffs and cases, the ring gear still fails.

Posted by my Galaxy tab 3 8"

RC Qualifier
    Ya its the ring gear ALWAYS. People say shimming the diff helps. I havent done this

RC Qualifier
    Shimming is exactly what helps to prevent your ring gear from stripping. You should try it . Currently the losi diff mod is the only option i'm afraid.

RC poster
    I completely exploded the rear the first day I got mine but that was on 6s and first time driving lipos. Since then I have geared down, punch set at 30% and still playing with the torque settings. Ate a ring gear again shortly after while still fine tuning. Ate another one last week but that was with a set of trenchers on. If I didnt have 8 of 3s lipos I would run 2s. Mainly bashing and actually like running the pro line street tires, seems to save on the diffs with them not having so much bite. Mine are shimmed and running 50k oil in the rear.

RC Qualifier
    I had mine shimmed there was no play at all. My front I just had one shim on the pinion. Anywhere else and it felt too tight.
    Ive also tried a lot of different grease types. In the wifes emaxx I have a black grease thats made for valves. Its rated for9r high temp and pressure. Her diffs are still smooth after all summer

Posted by my Galaxy Note 2

RC Qualifier
    From FLM website

"If you have a Revo and need a stronger gear contact www.rc-monster.com for a bullet proof diff case combo"

http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...id+diff%2Fcase

I was going to get the FLM hybrids for the Emaxx, problem of diffs solved, and looks like Revo problem solved as well. but now i need some CVD's

RC Qualifier
    Not really.... Those have been out of stock for years. But mike has confirmed that he is working on new ones, but nobody knows when these will be done.