RC poster

More waterproof e revo?

HellooO!

Is there a way to make the e revo(brushless) more waterproof without changing the motor? I want to use it in snow and rain, and ive heard that the mamba monster is not that happy about it. True? I got the chassis schroud, but is that enough? Its not necessary to make it 100 % waterproof, cuz im not gonna use it like a boat, but drivin in snow or rain (specially snow) would be funny i quess!

Best regards
    Originalen

the motor is not the issue, the ESC is.. the cover is a good option, but JMHO still taking a chance of getting melted snow under the cover. I have a cover & use it to keep things easier to clean up...

MM2 QUICK START GUIDE & Recalibrate ESC

Post #300
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5400474
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Yep, MM2 is the way to go if you want to play in snow. I have both the outerwears and the MM2, so i should be fine. But last winter i only had the shroud with the standard MM, and went fine too, just be a little carefull.

another option, or some pep use Plasti Dip. You can & will void any warranty tho..

Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    Okaii! So i have to buy the mamba monster 2 to be safe. Thats expensive! Thanks for reply

RC Qualifier
    Ive heard the main reason MM2`s are sold "waterproof" is because they soak their board in Cx.

Id like to know if thats true.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Qualifier
    Ive heard the main reason MM2`s are sold "waterproof" is because they soak their board in Cx.

Id like to know if thats true.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Qualifier
    neverwet.... i sprayed myself with that and now i never have to take a shower!! (not true) but i have heard/seen that stuff being used and seems pretty interesting... i'm trying to find my first thing to 'experiement' with it

RC Qualifier
    I bought some never wet and im pretty sure it will water proof anything with a smooth surface, I would not use it on an esc as it would be near impossible to get in every single crack, hole, etc.

Ive sparayed shoes and boots and I walk in water and the water just runs right off, ss long as its not deeper than the shoe.

Posted by my Galaxy tab 3 8"

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I waterproofed an Axial esc by taking the cover off and coating everything with liquid electric tape. I hear it works better than plasti-dip, but it seems like the same thing. The never wet doesn't hold up to vibrations or getting scuffed as much from what I have heard. I take my truck into creeks when crawling.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    I have to wonder if spraying something like RainX one the chassis shroud would help keep water out? It's very hydrophobic and water should just roll off of the material. I even thought of spraying everything I could with it, but I really don't ever run in or around water so it was just a thought.
    Sure it'll work, watch this

RC Qualifier
    I thought the Outerwears came already with something like that sprayed on.

The MM2 ESCs are not soaked into Corrosion X but are just threaded with some industry standard electronics waterproofing resin. We also have this stuff at work and it works quite well.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    I thought the Outerwears came already with something like that sprayed on.
    You may be right, I really don't know. The thought just crossed my mind.
    Sure it'll work, watch this