RC Enthusiast

New Telluride and New To RC

Went in a local hobby shop, wanted a truck I could trail with and run through the mud with. I overall love the truck but first I want to put on some big tires.
    Whats the biggest tires I can get on it. I dont care if I have to trim. Ive read around but still not sure which way to go. Im thinking about getting these rims:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMSY9&P=7

will these fit my telluride?

Also whats the biggest rock/mud tires I can find to fit on those rims?

Thanks for all your help I know very little about what Im doing but ready to learn!

RC Qualifier
    Hello, Welcome to the forums, and Congratulations on your purchase! This truck is based on the Stampede, with shortened suspension components. You can probably change the A-arms, turnbuckles, steering links, and axles, to make it Stampede width, and put any sized tire you want! Search the forums, and you will find many tips on modding your truck, as there are many interchangable parts, as well as upgrade aftermarket parts available. Good luck, and Happy R/Cing!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Qualifier
    I Vote for item 82233 (rpm revolver wide crawler wheels in chrome) and
    I vote for item 4894 (hpi wheely king mud thrasher tires) to go on those. Those wheels stick out even farther then "electric fronts" and those tires float on thick stuff and wear good too. I have me a set on my sonuva digger . Their about the biggest u can get for a pede sized vehicle and not run into all kinds of probs with stuff breaking. FYI tho, their's no foams, so u either have to make yer own, buy some, or don't run any. I don't run any as its a monster truck, heh.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    On a 4x4 pede, you cannot just mount any rim you want to. The 2.2 rims you linked do not have a wide enough offset to clear the front suspension parts. Try the ones dugsguns mentioned. Tires are pretty much open on most fronts. The 2.2 tires can be modded to fit just about any rim, even 3.8" rims...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for all the quick input guys. What about gearing with those bigger tires so they arent as hard on the motor.

Smaller pinion. If you can drop 3 teeth, it should be about the same speed.

Traxxas Employee
    the truck comes with a 12t pinion, thats about the smallest you'll find. and an 83 spur which is about the biggest it will fit. i tried to fit a 86t and it would not fit.
    slash 4x4 lcg, telluride(modded), TCP........and other things

Traxxas Employee
    I mounted some stock Stampede 4x4 tires on mine, but I didn't really care for it. They will work, but you would probably want to lift the body mounts about two holes for clearance. I think the biggest thing you could realistically put on a stock Telluride would be 2.8" Trenchers, but you would need to lift the body even more. I think I will get a set of Trencher X SCs for it eventually.

RC Enthusiast
    How do you lift the body on these? I was planning on trimming it real good, but raising plus trimming would be nice.

RC Qualifier
    I believe it is all the same components as a stampede or slash so i believe you could go with a 2.8" tire on a 3.2" revolver but it would involve some serious upgrades ie hex's rims, cvds etc... I did these up for my stampede.. but i need 17mm hex's to run them and it involved trimming the tires and foams, but thats it... i didnt mod the wheel itself at all.. SOmeone correct me if im wrong but i dont see why you couldnt run something like this..WOuld just cost a small fortune in upgrades is all..

Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 09-11-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wjc05 View Post
    How do you lift the body on these? I was planning on trimming it real good, but raising plus trimming would be nice.
    Both the front and rear body mounts are adjustable stock.

RC Enthusiast
    Took it out running hard last night and the motor was smoking hot. Steam coming off it and couldnt touch it. Whatsa better motor or a way to cool this one.