RC Enthusiast

Make E Revo MORE Durable?

I broke a stock arm and am looking to upgrade to rpm. Are they much better? Yes this may be a dumb question but I have heard from many people that the RPM arms are not as durable as they seem.

RC Qualifier
    Rpm A-Arms were the first upgrade I did to my Erevo. I havnt broken one since. I would do the turnbuckles while your at it. Yes if you go with the RPM's you will experience the "pillow balls" popping out on hard impacts as users claim. IMO this is better that something else snapping. Ive only seen this happen on my rig after seriouc cartwheels or if I clip something with a front wheel bad.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Enthusiast
    So rpm makes turnbuckles? Or is it a different company? Don't want to sound stupid but I just want to make sure I am looking for the right parts

RC Qualifier
    These are the ones I went with. They include bearings. Yes there made by RPM.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLMV8&P=7

RC Qualifier
    Heres a shot when I dyed my chassis

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    These are the ones I went with. They include bearings. Yes there made by RPM.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLMV8&P=7
    Another great option are the Tekno turnbuckles. Only bad thing about these, is that the are no longer made... But you might be able to find some stock somewhere on eBay. I would go with the Teknos.
    I currently have RD racing knuckles, which are great too, and aluminum, but they have been out of stock for a while and are quite expensive.

RC Enthusiast
    I am not big on aluminum parts besides possibly a bumper. I hear to many bad stories of people breaking more on their vehicles than they should have when using aluminum parts...
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Another great option are the Tekno turnbuckles. Only bad thing about these, is that the are no longer made... But you might be able to find some stock somewhere on eBay. I would go with the Teknos.
    I currently have RD racing knuckles, which are great too, and aluminum, but they have been out of stock for a while and are quite expensive.

RC Qualifier
    rear chassis brace is a good idea, I just got the new set up from HPP germany, they have the motor brace with a new mount for rear chassis brace.

RC Qualifier
    Ah, you also have the new set? Its nice isnt it

@RevoGuy,

Hm, the steering knuckles are one of the few things where aluminium actually works As for a bumper, thats some thing your really want in plastic as the bumper is the part that takes the most hits.

RC Enthusiast
    So aluminum knuckles are better than I originally thought?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

RC Qualifier
    That Hpp should be a super strong set up.

I had STRC knuckles and didn't like them at all i found they got sticky in sand and fine clay, I like the RPM tru track rear, its super strong!!

Now I have RPM arms and knuckles with Boca Green seal bearings, I have the RPM ring mod and Ti pillow balls, The RPM parts, my tranny, and motor are about the only things I have not borken on my erevo. Worst part of the Erevo RPM arms is they flex a lot, the rear isn't so bad, but i've bent a few traxxas cvds due to RPM flex.