RC poster

Traxxas brand tires

Hey iv been exploring different tires and was wondering what everyone thought about traxxas brand tires for the revo...specifically sporttraxx 3.8s and the response pro 3.8s. I know that i hated the stock ones...talons i think. They were way too thin and ballooned like crazy. They shreaded the first day i had my revo only running 4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Where are you driving?? grass, dirt, gravel, pavement??

what tires do you like?

Taping Tires
    post #30
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4908845
    &
    post #130
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5177829
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    Well im looking for a race type tire. Right now im running proline big joe2s. But thats just for goofing around. They were all i could find at the hobby shop. But i was just wondering if anyone had actually tried these two tires...sporttraxx and the response pros. Im hoping their not thin like the stock ones i had. Ill definetly be taping the tires regardless of what i buy, but the sidewalls on the stockers were paper thin and thats what im worried about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Surprising what taping does to the tires, with no ballooning it keeps from stretching the sidewalls.
    As for the tires somebody should chime in..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    I love the stock tires on the E-revo. I run it on 5S and have no issues (They are gorilla taped and glued really thoroughly)
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC poster
    Has anyone had experience with the sporttraxx or response pros? Thanks btw for letting me know you like the talons if their taped. I will probably revisit those as an all around tire and tape them because I liked the traction on them for all purpose stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

RC Qualifier
    Im using the shockwaves right now, liking them so far. Also taped.

To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Qualifier
    I have the Response Pros, but have not mounted them yet. They are thin just like the Talons. But based on the tread design, they should have way more bite. As for the Talons, I don't know what surface they are good on. lol. I slip and slide on everything.

The most durable, thickest sidewall tire I've seen is the Panther Python. I have a set in medium compound and its still soft rubber. But the sidewall is super thick. I haven't run these yet (I have lots of tires ). I'll get to them eventually. They are the same size as Talons with the Traxxas mounting bead.

As 87 GN said, any tires will be much more durable if they do not balloon. In general, they tear off the rim or tear apart because the rubber gets stretched and weakened from ballooning.