Thread: Please help!!!!

RC poster

Please help!!!!

Hi guys newbie here, i just bought a set off proline desperado 3.8 mounted on masher tyres with 0 offset. Will these firt my e revo brushless? On the proline website it says it doesnt fit summit whats the difference?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    the 0 off set wheels will hit the arms as you turns so you need the 1/2 off set desperados wheels
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Qualifier
    But they should work on the E-Revo, on the e-revo you can use 0 offset wheels.

It might be better to investigate these kinds of things before you buy something next time

Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Proline should have it explained better then of why it doesn't fit on their site? summit and e-revo uses the same arms.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Qualifier
    I honestly wouldn't know why they wont fit the summit, but zero offset should fit the E-Revo. The Stock e-revo comes with zero offset wheels, the summit with 1/2 offset, maybe that's why pro-line mentions it doesn't fit the summit?

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4908845

Zero off set
    Proline 1160-13 premounted Trencher on Tech 5 / 17mm
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    The proline desperado 3.8 mounted on masher tyres with 0 offset will fit your eRevo.

The eRevo can use either 0 offset or 1/2 offset. 1/2 offset gives it a wider stance and lower center of gravity for better stability.

Summit requires 1/2 offset so the inside rims don't rub on the front toe links. One can use 0 offset wheels but then one will have to limit steering (possibly replace the maximum travel steering stop with an eRevo stock steering stop) and/or avoid trying to make tight turns to avoid grinding wheels into the front toe links. I think the long travel rockers and higher ride stance of the Summit (compared to the eRevo stock setup) make the Summit more likely to have wheels rub on the front toe links at maximum turn (tightest radius).

Switching my eRevo's stock steering stop to the maximum travel steering stop and repositioning the steering links to the outer holes on both steering servo horns create a condition in which the inner rims of the stock 0 offset Gemini wheels with Talon tires comes very close to rubbing on the front toe links. The maximum travel steering stop supplied with the eRevo is the same as that on my stock Summit.

Proline has to say the 0 offset Desperados won't fit on the Summit because of the rubbing problem. They will actually fit because they are 17mm hex but cannot be used to their full potential because one has to limit the turn radius to avoid problems. A more accurate statement is "0 offset wheels should not be used on the Summit. Use 1/2 offset wheels on the Summit"