RC Qualifier

Hobbywing Sensored 2200kv & 150A ESC

Thinking of buying a Hobbywing Sensored 2200kv & 150A ESC combo and wondering if it is simply bolt in? Using the same motor mount etc?

Anyone use this combo?? Thoughts?

Cheers

Bash it like someone else is doing the wrenching!

RC Racer
    I use that one, and its bolt-in and run. The plugs on the ESC are Deans, thats the only thing you will have to modify if you use Traxxas style plug.

Overall, its a great combo, can't beat the price, and you have the programing card in the combo, tjats nice.

RC Qualifier
    I'll back up the statement...it is a great combo
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Champion
    I also run a sensored hobbywing. I have the 1800kv combo. My maxx is a beast on 4s alone. I couldnt imagine 6s yet. Peace.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Competitor
    I have them in my e-converted revo 3.3. very smooth.
    there is a minor issue on mine, the sensor cable always tends to come loose at the esc end. you have to use some glue to secure it.
    however, can't beat its price.

RC Racer
    Theres a 15 minute vid on youtube showing you exactly how to fit this combo if you are unsure.Put in"Hobbywing 2200kv combo in e revo"and it will come up.Its by nitrorcx I think.

the combo is very easy to hook up same as you would the MMM/MMM2 on just the esc doesnt bolt down like the castle does.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Ok I need help.

I have installed the HobbyWing 150a ESC and 2200kv sensored motor but I am having issues.

When I plug in my 2S batteries and switch it on, instead of getting 4 beeps, I get 6!

Then after 10 seconds or so of throttle the motor just stops! The red light is blinking on the ESC & from what I can tell from the manual, this means it has hit low voltage cutoff.

Somehow my charged 2x2S (4S) batteries are being detected as 2x3S (6S) and therefore are then being detected as being below the voltage cutoff point.

Any help would be appreciated as I am not familiar with the Hobbywing ESC's & motors

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Do you have the program card. It might be set to 6 cell instead of auto cell count.

RC Qualifier
    No I don't have the program card - I bought the ESC & motor combo secondhand and it didn't come with a program card.

I'm guessing I could set it back to auto detect instead of 6 cell (if this is indeed the issue) by counting flashes of the ESC light?

I was thinking if buying a program card off eBay but there seems to be two different types. An LCD and an LED one. On the hobbywing website it says the LCD one,is no longer made - does this mean that it has been replaced by a newer LED one??

RC Racer
    You have to manually set it for the batteries you're running. For some reason the auto detect is off. I had the same problem, but I also have the program card.