RC poster

Tune up Help with my new Revo 3.3

Hey guys. I'm new here, hv just got my new Revo 3.3. I hv done the break in procedure as per the manual for 5 tanks. Now, i'm facing problem with tune up and overheating of the engine. The engine starts up fine but it won't take load and the car won't move much. Also i think excess fuel comes out of exhaust pipe. I tried turning the high speed needle 1/4 turn leaner and richer but no appreciable difference. I'm concerned becoz the first 6 tanks the engine ran fine, it was taking load and the car was running fine, but then now it won't even move and there is no power to make any kind of run. And i'm using 16% nitro fuel for my model. Please help and suggest some solution. Thanks.
    Last edited by rajebahadur11; 09-08-2013 at 09:39 AM.

RC Qualifier
    youtube is your friend... this guy squirrelrod has a lot of videos about tuning.. give them a look.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE64042B21077119E
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC poster
    I second squirrel's videos... Full of useful tips and tricks!

RC Racer
    Tighten your slipper clutch

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Keep leaning the hsn 1/8th increments to see if any performance improvements. When its hitting 2nd gear began to lean out the lsn needle for max performance then adj idle to a lower idle apeed if needed. Also after break in it may be wise to change the glow plug. Check YouTube as states earlier, many helpful tips! Good luck and report progress!
    The official Philly basher

RC poster
    @Ozrevoguy - thanks for the help it indeed was a loose slipper clutch. Tightened that n problem was solved.
    N checked out the tune up videos too so will go ahead with it soon. Thanks again guys.

RC Racer
    No worries mate, glad to hear it's working all good now. :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2