RC Enthusiast

Electric newbie question

First thing first.... Hello all!!! I am new to this forum and this will be my first post. I am a long time customer of Traxxas nitro trucks but making the switch into the electric world. I am considering the E-Revo brushless combo but have some questions. To start off.... I contacted Traxxas with questions about what to look out for with the revo and was told that they do not mix well with water at all but that Castle Creations has a waterproof esc that I could upgrade to. I contacted Castle Creations and was told that they have discontinued the esc that comes with the brushless model and will only be offering the waterproof esc to Traxxas once they have ran out of stock. This being said I find myself asking three questions. (1) do I wait until Traxxas starts offering the waterproof esc? (2) do I just buy the current model and avoid water at all costs or (3) do I buy a non brushless model and upgrade motor and esc myself? What would you do?

Sounds like you have it figured out^....... What do you want to do??
    option (4) build your own truck from scratch with all the upgrades you would like......
    cost a little more but I enjoy building them.....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Enthusiast
    What I want is to buy it now but hesitant about acting too soon. This stems from buying my first nitro T-MAXX 2.5 and within a month Traxxas revealed their Revo which I would have waited for had I known.

The brushed has the 14mm hubs.

I would build a truck.

But I think you should buy the RTR, sell the MMM on Ebay, then buy a new MM2.......Then you don't have to wait, it might be another 6 months before the MM2 comes out & there will prob be a price hike anyways..........
    Last edited by 87 GN; 09-07-2013 at 04:07 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan1776 View Post
    What I want is to buy it now but hesitant about acting too soon. This stems from buying my first nitro T-MAXX 2.5 and within a month Traxxas revealed their Revo which I would have waited for had I known.
    When i was in the market for buying a E-Revo castle had just announced that they were going to sell the MM2. I too thought about waiting for the E-Revo to come with the MM2. That was in January this year, and guess what, still no MM2 in the E-Revo . I'm happy i just got the E-Reve, and now have a MM2 since a month or so

RC Qualifier
    I too bought them separately and did it myself. its not worth the $50-$100 difference to wait god knows how long.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Enthusiast
    Now even more hesitant!!!! Just clicked the buy it now tab on Traxxas website just to see availability and is out of stock. I wonder if the switch will be coming soon then? When I spoke with Traxxas, they had no input on a possible mm2 release but now standard mm out of stock? Hmmmm????

RC Qualifier
    The "BUY Traxxas" website is out of things quite often... look at any other online store such as tower hobbies/stormer.

I bet they will have what you are looking for. Plus there is always ebay.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Qualifier
    The E-Revo is waiting for you

RC Qualifier
    Get yourself onto Tower hobbies right now and buy a ERBE!!
    Using a discount coupon you can get one very cheap!! Discount codes are usually listed on the front home page - just choose the code that saves you the most. Sometimes you may need to add a $1 item to take your cart over the next $100 mark (usually $700 depending on what you are buying).
    Then as mentioned above, if you find that water is an issue preventing you from driving as much as you would like or how you like, then sell the MM on eBay and buy a MM2.

Bash it like someone else is doing the wrenching!

RC Enthusiast
    I know that I can purchase it elsewhere. I was only trying to bring up a point that if Traxxas is showing out of stock, could the updated waterproof version be right around the corner since castle creations doesn't offer the old esc anymore.

ummmmm It could be, depends if you want to wait it out........... still think there will be a price hike, so I wouldn't wait.
    I bought about 30 drive shaft three yrs ago, paid about $2~$3 each, now look how much they cost. Point being everything just keeps going up....

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    The E-Revo is waiting for you
    wow,this car looks really nice