RC poster

Losi lst2 diff issue! PLEASE HELP!!!

im having issues with the pin that fits in the yoke that attaches my center driveshaft to the yoke. this is the third time i have broke this pin. i also tried to cut a piece of aluminum and put it around the yoke and heat shrink it, but it keeps on breaking. i want to know how to fix this problem. or even a way to completely avoid the pin and use a threaded screw in. Please Help!

RC Qualifier
    I have literally been battling with this for weeks and spent today coming up with a plan and actually fixing this issue!! I then spent the afternoon driving my ERBE all afternoon without it breaking & I AM STOKED!!

So here is what I did.

Took the rear end off and detached the centre drive shaft from the rear LST diff.
    I took a drill bit that fit perfectly into through the LST coupling and centre drive shaft. It was an imperial measurement which worked out to 2.4mm in diameter.
    I used the shank (flat) part of the drill bit not the drilling end and cut it off so that 3mm hung out each end.
    I then took the Dubpro washers (see Mitch316's thread on the LST diff mod for the washer) and used a centre punch to bend the washers so that they sit in the bend of the coupling better.
    Now to keep the new pin that I just made out of a drill bit in, I had to burr the ends of it.
    Since the drill bit is very hard it was very difficult to hammer the ends enough to make them "mushroom" out to stop the pin coming out so I used a MIG welder and put a small dob on each end preventing the pin from coming out either end.
    Once I had done this I had a coupling with a pin through it and the centre drive shaft attached that could still move nicely (due to the centre punched washers) but the two ends of the pin have small welds on them that means the pin can not come through at all.
    Reassembled it, attaching this new coupling attached to the centre drive shaft, to the rear diff using the grub screw and BAM - my ERBE is bulletproof finally.
    Loving the LST diffs now that my centre drive shaft doesn't detach from the rear diff every run!!

Or... You could buy the 8mm Revo diff coupler from RC monster!! I have bought these and whilst I am waiting for them to arrive, I am using my drill but method above with GREAT results that I am stoked with!!!

Bash it like someone else is doing the wrenching!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ErbeSumm View Post
    I have literally been battling with this for weeks and spent today coming up with a plan and actually fixing this issue!! I then spent the afternoon driving my ERBE all afternoon without it breaking & I AM STOKED!!

So here is what I did.

Took the rear end off and detached the centre drive shaft from the rear LST diff.
    I took a drill bit that fit perfectly into through the LST coupling and centre drive shaft. It was an imperial measurement which worked out to 2.4mm in diameter.
    I used the shank (flat) part of the drill bit not the drilling end and cut it off so that 3mm hung out each end.
    I then took the Dubpro washers (see Mitch316's thread on the LST diff mod for the washer) and used a centre punch to bend the washers so that they sit in the bend of the coupling better.
    Now to keep the new pin that I just made out of a drill bit in, I had to burr the ends of it.
    Since the drill bit is very hard it was very difficult to hammer the ends enough to make them "mushroom" out to stop the pin coming out so I used a MIG welder and put a small dob on each end preventing the pin from coming out either end.
    Once I had done this I had a coupling with a pin through it and the centre drive shaft attached that could still move nicely (due to the centre punched washers) but the two ends of the pin have small welds on them that means the pin can not come through at all.
    Reassembled it, attaching this new coupling attached to the centre drive shaft, to the rear diff using the grub screw and BAM - my ERBE is bulletproof finally.
    Loving the LST diffs now that my centre drive shaft doesn't detach from the rear diff every run!!

Or... You could buy the 8mm Revo diff coupler from RC monster!! I have bought these and whilst I am waiting for them to arrive, I am using my drill but method above with GREAT results that I am stoked with!!!

Please check your PM!

RC Racer
    Where's the pics? I'm a visual learner?

RC Qualifier
    I run losi diffs and kershaws dogbone kit and use origin al traxxas long grub screws and never have any issues

I don't even locktight the grub screws and they never fall out

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
    I run losi diffs and kershaws dogbone kit and use origin al traxxas long grub screws and never have any issues

I don't even locktight the grub screws and they never fall out
    Would be nice to be able to do this but Kershaw Designs is sold out of these dogbone kits and their supplier won't have any for ages so Dan said they are likely to remain out of stock for a long time.

RC poster
    is this what you guys are talking about? if i buy this it will fit on the pinion gear of the losi diff?

http://kershawdesigns.com/E-Revo-CenterDogBone.htm

RC Qualifier
    yes I got that kit and never broken it
    just redrill front output shaft on tranny if the front dogbone is abit tight
    its cheap and ask for 8mm cups for it

RC Qualifier
    Its not a instant fit, that kit. Kershaw designs also had a kit for the lst diffs on the revo in his shop, but those were removed a while ago because he could no longer source the front dog bone. As sideshow mentions above me you will probably need to redrill some holes on your tranny shafts.