Thread: motor ?

RC Qualifier

motor ?

ok blew a velineon...and this might get deleted but can I run a reedy 3300kv with my vxl esc, I am asking cause I can get it for half the price (28 bucks) of the vxl motor but have no experience with those and the temps/torque of them thanks for any advice you can give me on this...
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Champion
    I've never run either motor (my brushless are all 4-pole Castles, which I hear the VXL cannot run). However, the Reedy 920 540-SL 3300kV motor looks like it _could_ work but might not work as well as the Velineon. I say that because the Velineon is rated for 65A constant current with 100A bursts. The Reedy is rated for 10-40A constant and 45A burst. It is 2-pole so should be compatible with the VXL ESC.

Of course, the best would be to hear from someone who's used it in that combo. Hopefully someone has!
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Qualifier
    well my brother just picked up a sc10 with that combo and it runs good and was thinking they cheap enough I could get my stampede back on its feet cheap...thanks for the info OlorinTharkun...

RC Champion
    For all I know it might run totally fine. I'm just reading numbers on paper!
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Qualifier
    ya thats what Ive done just curious if anyone else tried one for 27 and change pretty cheap quick fix when ya in a pinch if they are decent

RC Enthusiast
    I am using that Reedy motor and esc combo in my truck. It is probably my gearing, but I'm finding I'm having a few heat dramas.
    Traxxas Son Uva Digger
    Traxxas Mini Grave Digger

RC Qualifier
    what gearing ?? and what is outside temp and is this on dirt track or what?? just getting idea on what I am going to be using it for thanks Steven for the reply

RC Enthusiast
    Gearing is currently 16/90. Running mostly on tar road and a bit of grass at the moment. Outside temps between 20-25 C. Just waiting on some new gear options to arrive to see if they make any difference, especially in summer when it reaches 45 C+ here (well over 100F).
    Traxxas Son Uva Digger

RC Enthusiast
    After 10 mins of pretty hard accelerating and stuffing around bashing yesterday the motor was 137 F and the esc was 100 F. The weekend before after about 25+ mins the motor was in the 160s ... Can't remember what the esc was.
    Traxxas Son Uva Digger

RC Qualifier
    interesting alright thanks for the info Steven