Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

The wait is over!

My buddy who owns the LHS near my job made a delivery today... My new Telluride!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

It's a nice looking rig, I REALLY like how smoothly the suspension works! But, this is the LAST time you'll see it stock! I already have some of the parts that I'm going to use, the rest are on order. And yes, I'm going brushless, with MMP power!

@Digger, yes, I know, it's ORANGE! But it'll be BLUE under the hood!!!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

Nice! I like it!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    good looking piece man what are some of you plans

RC Champion
    Looks great, but it needs some trenchers to make it look perfect.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Racer
    That truck will be so much fun

Congratulations.
    I'm not sure how I feel yet about immediate modification (speaking for myself) but to each his own. Too bad there is no Ucantketchmium version.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Congrats my friend!!!!

BTW nice color combo. My Rally is Orange body with blue under the hood too!! LOL

This time around I think i'm going to buy the goodies to turn my P4de into one of these. Can't wait for the bodies & posts to come available. I'll start checking eBay for the chop shops.

Hey i'm still waiting for my LaTrax Rally......to ummmmm SHIP!!! Muahahaha

@ KSB I have a bad habit of upgrading my rigs to quickly. Think its adding a personal touch from stock form. Haha ... or do I have some sort of compulsive disorder that needs a looking at from a doc.
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 09-06-2013 at 06:19 AM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    Nice Ride Aburg..... I really like the color choice and the price point for this 4WD. I can't wait to see this in action and with some upgrades. I see where your priorities are....just throw that work aside and pile the Traxxas on top ....ahhh just another day at the office!!

RC Qualifier
    How much does it weigh approximately? The sw3 waterproof combos are so cheap now. Just thinking out loud, digging through the muck with trailers is mega fun to me. Enjoy the new ride, suprisingly I like the orange as well.

RC Qualifier
    Well boys, I got home from work this morning, and immediately got busy....with the truck that is! I went through my inventory of parts, and this is what I came up with for options.

[IMG][/IMG]

I kept digging, and found more...
    [IMG][/IMG]

As I was fitting the motor, I ran into a problem. The ESC mounting hole is too tall for the size of the motor...

[IMG][/IMG]

So I went with plan B..as I had an unopened TRAXXAS VELINEON combo...
    [IMG][/IMG]

After getting the motor/ESC combo mounted, I replaced the rear carriers with BLUE Ultimate ones, the shocks with aluminum "Big Bores" (not), using the stock springs, and shod it with a set of Trencher X SC's mounted on Split-6 Bead-Loc's.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I took her outside for a "shakedown" run on my kid's dirt track, then over a few obstacles. I really like how the suspension articulates. It handles well, and with the brushless system, is very responsive. I changed the slipper to a heavy duty modded one from a Slash 4X4, using a 54T spur, and a 13T pinion, for now. I linked it to my TQi radio, using 70/30. That setting actually allows me to "crawl" very slowly with minimal "cogging".

It looks like i'm going to have a lot of fun with this rig! I'm very pleased with it. I still have the rest of my suspension parts on order, and may go with the GTR "Big Bore" shocks, or Pro Line Powerstrokes using soft springs.

ENJOY!
    AB

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Congrats my friend!!!!

BTW nice color combo. My Rally is Orange body with blue under the hood too!! LOL

This time around I think i'm going to buy the goodies to turn my P4de into one of these. Can't wait for the bodies & posts to come available. I'll start checking eBay for the chop shops.

Hey i'm still waiting for my LaTrax Rally......to ummmmm SHIP!!! Muahahaha

@ KSB I have a bad habit of upgrading my rigs to quickly. Think its adding a personal touch from stock form. Haha ... or do I have some sort of compulsive disorder that needs a looking at from a doc.
    Thanks Digger, I knew you'd like the ORANGE! I didn't have anything in ORANGE, so I figured to get one. I actually LIKE it!!!
    I'm also waiting on my LaTrax Rally(s), I ordered two, as it was my kids birthday and I wanted one for him too.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Congratulations.
    I'm not sure how I feel yet about immediate modification (speaking for myself) but to each his own. Too bad there is no Ucantketchmium version.
    Well, I look at it like this, being that I'm a motorhead from WAAAY back, and don't own ANYTHING that isn't modded, I had to do it! Besides, I had the extra motors laying around, and plan on running the 2800Kv motor on 2S, geared properly for low end torque.
    Thanks again!
    AB

Nice! I like it! What else are planning to do to it?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by therealrsr View Post
    How much does it weigh approximately? The sw3 waterproof combos are so cheap now. Just thinking out loud, digging through the muck with trailers is mega fun to me. Enjoy the new ride, suprisingly I like the orange as well.
    I got 5.8 pounds on my electronic scale. Why the weight concern?
    AB

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Nice! I like it! What else are planning to do to it?
    Thanks! I camp a lot in the mountains, and always look for places to run my rigs. I just wanted something different to run with my Slash 4X4 & MT's.
    I'll finish it off with the Ultimate suspension parts, either TRAXXAS CVD's, or TEKNO's, and hopefully get the 2800Kv motor & ESC installed, hopefully without damaging the chassis. And because the chassis hangs so low beneath the body, will most likely dye it black. I also have some bumper & roof lights on order. She'll be set to go when I'm done!

AB

RC Champion
    So have you run it on 3s?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    That thing looks awesome.

RC Champion
    Man the trenchers really complete the look imo.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Qualifier
    Agree with above poster. Those trenchers really do make it look cool with those black wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys, I got some more parts installed today. I put the front Ultimate aluminum C-blocks & hubs on, and the GTR shocks. The stock springs are noticeably stiffer, so I have some softer ones on order. I also got my aluminum motor mount, and ESC mounting plate for the MMP. I'll have to get the Dremel out for some mods to make everything work. I'm still waiting on the aluminum heat sink motor plate and the aluminum turnbuckles, as they are on back order. It's coming together nicely!
    AB

Before...
    [IMG][/IMG]

After.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

RC Qualifier
    I still have these waiting!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

RC Champion
    Looks good! Are you going to be bashing or crawling?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Looks good! Are you going to be bashing or crawling?
    Well, I'm not really a Basher's basher, as I don't like to make repairs for purposefully breaking things, but I do at times push the limits! I plan on building it with the best of parts for durability & longevity, as I plan on enjoying it on trails when I go up camping.

I tried these,
    [IMG][/IMG]

and these,
    [IMG][/IMG]

...today for fun...with the stock NIMH & the BL setup, with the extra grip, I couldn't keep the front end down!!! Wheelies all over the place! It even wanted to nose over on hard braking! LOADS OF FUN!!!

AB

RC Qualifier
    Hello guys! I got some more parts in, still waiting on the motor plate, & turnbuckles. They should be in on monday i'm told.

[IMG][/IMG]
    XO-1 diffs, HR diff cups, 200K diff oil, softer GTR springs, a spare chassis to mod for the 2800kv 4 pole motor, and the stock Stampede lights. My Pro Line light bar should be here later today!
    AB

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it finished!

RC Qualifier
    Well, I got the Dremel out & started cutting...
    Before...
    [IMG][/IMG]

After...
    [IMG][/IMG]

Next, I'll have to cut, & re-drill the ESC plate.
    [IMG][/IMG]

AB

Looking good, let us know how the motor/esc combo works out!

RC Qualifier
    Looking good, let us know how the motor/esc combo works out!
    Will Do!

I just checked my mail, these also came in. I'm going to try to gear it properly to utilize the torque from the big motor. I'm not looking for high speeds!

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

RC Qualifier
    Here's something else that I got. I bought a few to use on my other trucks too. I've heard that they're very accurate, and I've been looking forward to trying them out.

[IMG][/IMG]
    AB

RC Qualifier
    There's a lot of talk about the Titan motor running hot with this rig. I put the Velineon Brushless system in mine, and using TRAXXAS recommendation, put a 13T pinion with a 54T spur in. I notice after running, my motor & ESC are very warm, not hot, but I went and installed a couple of fans anyway. I'm also going to drop it down a tooth on the pinion and see how that works.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    AB

RC Qualifier
    I got my Pro Line order in today also! These will be installed on the new chassis.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    For the roof!

AB

RC Qualifier
    I got bored last night & couldn't sleep. So I put the softer rate GTR springs on, as the stock ones were a little stiff. They made the Telluride jump and land like a Slash, and caused the suspension to be a little stiff for crawling/climbing. I also installed the bumper lights and took it out in the dark yard, they work pretty well! I cant wait to get the roof lights mounted! I couldn't wait to see how the Pro Line Badlands look mounted, so those got slapped on too!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Then, I got up this am & fired the Dremel up to fit the ESC plate. I also had to trim a little away from the driveshaft tunnel wall to allow the motor to mesh with the spur gear.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    I had to cut the ear off the STRC plate, & re-drill it. I only used 1 hole, as the chassis has a tab to help secure the plate underneath it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Once I make sure everything fits, next, the dye job!

AB
    Last edited by aburg2; 09-22-2013 at 01:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Dye job complete!
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Still waiting on some parts tho...
    AB

RC Qualifier
    Ok, I started hanging some of the parts I DO have onto the newly dyed chassis. And I put the XO-1 diffs together using the HR aluminum diff cups, and 200Kwt diff oil. I shouldn't have any problems putting the power down with these!
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    AB

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys, I got it together! Just missing a few small parts. Once I get my ESC and gearing dialed in, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be VERY happy with it! The dyed chassis came out nice! enjoy!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Not much room between the motor, ESC, & servo!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    I put the new diffs in after testing it out with the stockers to see how much difference there is between 100K & 200K diff fluid.
    I like the way it runs, PLENTY of power from the MMP combo, NO heat issues, and a great working suspension! Although I'm happy with the GTR shocks, I'm going to try out the Pro Lines on soft springs & 30wt oil to see if there is much difference. Thanks for looking!
    AB

Wow, nice progress! So, when are you going to replace the plastic camber links?

RC Qualifier
    Wow, nice progress! So, when are you going to replace the plastic camber links?
    Those are some of the parts I'm waiting on. The aluminum heat sink motor plate too! Should be here by tomorrow...
    AB

RC Enthusiast
    Nice truck indeed I am getting my telluride in the mail tomorrow

Can you plz post part numbers on the stuff you are upgrading? I want to do some of the upgrades you are doing and part numbers will help me in the order prosess
    Last edited by Jigs; 09-24-2013 at 04:01 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigs View Post
    Nice truck indeed I am getting my telluride in the mail tomorrow

Can you plz post part numbers on the stuff you are upgrading? I want to do some of the upgrades you are doing and part numbers will help me in the order prosess
    I don't have a complete list, but if you go through my thread, I've detailed all of the parts used, including some pictures. The names and numbers should be there.

Which brings me to this, My LHS guy dropped some more parts by today, I'll be getting them on ASAP!

AB

[IMG][/IMG]

Traxxas Employee
    Are you going to try to use one of those turnbuckle kits as a camber link? I think it work if you used one of the longer rod ends on the wheel side, and the short rod end on the bulkhead. Clearance is tight near the spring.

Traxxas Employee
    Never mind. If you crank the rod ends all the way down, you can use them as camber links, but you don't get much adjustment. You might get 2-3 degrees negative camber at the most, but you could get all the positive camber in the world...

Now I just need two more sets, one for the steering and one for the rear camber links. The rears are a lot shorter though. I think I will need to dremel off a few mm from the rod.

Last edited by E-Maxxdude; 09-25-2013 at 05:25 PM.