RC Racer

Tire choices?????????? lost

im in the process of putting my summit together got it as a project

last problem is tires and trying to find pics that compare tires to the stock ones is almost imposable
    so could any one help with pics of there tires compaired to the stock 1/10th tires

im looking at the following tires

1. Proline Trencher x 40 series
    2. Proline Mashers 3.8
    3. RC 4WD Mud Slingers Monster Size 40

any help would be great thanks

Trenchers are close ish to stock
    Trenchers next to mudslingers

Sent using lipo power
    Last edited by jamann; 09-05-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Is this what your looking for?

Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Racer
    what are the risk of running slingers?
    and what rims would u put them on so they dont rub
    got a pic to show the width

RC Qualifier
    Trencher 40 series tech 5 wheels next to stock [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

The trencher 40 series on the tech 5 wheels reduce the outside tire dimension by about 1.5 inches less wide than the stock Canyons. They are great tires and for running through tight trails and rocks they work great. they are about the same height.

Here are some photos of the mudslingers, the front truck has the stock tires the rear has the mudslingers. [IMG][/IMG]

Here the tires to the right are stock and the left are mudslingers. [IMG][/IMG]

A couple photos of the truck with the Mudslingers. [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The Mudslingers are an inch taller at 7.5 inches vs Canyons at 6.5 inches. They are about the same width. I gear cut the foam on the Mudslingers to make them softer. They are not as soft as the Stock tires but close. I upgraded the steering servo to a Savox 1230 sg 500 oz. I put an alum steering saver on. IMO I would not run the Mudslingers without these changes. Just a matter of time till you tear it up. I love the Slingers, better ground clearance, aggressive tread, they look like they fit on the Summit, the other tires always seemed to look to small. I would give them a 5 out of 5 rating. I bought some stock geo wheels, dechromed them, cut the foams in a gear shape, glued them onto the stock geo wheels. Trust me if I can do it most every one can. Post back with more questions. I believe CROCK did a big thread on this and I placed some photos in that thread. By the way welcome to the forum, ask lots of questions very knowledgeable people here.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC Racer
    thank you thats what i was looking for i like the look of the slingers i have the same bronco body but its modded so that helps i do have upgraded steering servos so that will help im just worried about gearing and what not what gears do u run?
    and gear cutting the foam seems like every ones doing i just bash around in the lawn and corn fields would cutting the foam help anything?

if you had to choose whats the better set up for all around bashing trenchers or slingers?

RC Qualifier
    I have the stock wheels, mashers, trenchers (the 40 series), and mudslingers. I have ran them all in the same location and I think I like the trenchers best. They do well on any terrain and the tech 5 wheels have no offset so they narrow up the truck.

You can't go wrong with any of them though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Racer
    ok at least im looking at good tires i dont want narrow lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro22 View Post
    thank you thats what i was looking for i like the look of the slingers i have the same bronco body but its modded so that helps i do have upgraded steering servos so that will help im just worried about gearing and what not what gears do u run?
    and gear cutting the foam seems like every ones doing i just bash around in the lawn and corn fields would cutting the foam help anything?

if you had to choose whats the better set up for all around bashing trenchers or slingers?
    I would still cut the foam. I bash alot and I just really like the Slingers. The trenchers are great tires but they just are not the Slingers. I PM'd you about your gearing question. Search out CROCKS thread about "will they fit" I have a complete how to do the foams in that thread, including a template you can copy and paste, size up to the foams and cut them. I don't know if you have ever done it but its no big deal to do.

RC Racer
    nope this is my first big truck all ive messed with are a rustler vxl and my old losi aftershock but thank you
    what are the advantages of cutting the foam?

RC Qualifier
    nope this is my first big truck all ive messed with are a rustler vxl and my old losi aftershock but thank you
    what are the advantages of cutting the foam?
    It softens the tire to allow the tire to have better traction. When you gear cut the foam it leaves some firmness but not all. Mine have been great for bashing and crawling. Cant speak to road racing I dont do it.

RC Qualifier
    Here is the link to CROCK's "Will they fit" http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ighlight=crock starting at post 77 is the info on cutting the foams, mounting the tires and a gear shaped template you can download and size for your foam.

Also these Mudslingers are in fact directional, its hard to see in person but if you look at the photos you will see they have a little curve to them. So make sure you get them the right way or you can do what i did and order another set and get them all going the right way and have two sets. Its a tire thing (addiction).

Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Trenchers are close ish to stock
    Trenchers next to mudslingers

Sent using lipo power
    Rock crushers not slingers...whoops
    Slingers,trenchers,crushers oh my

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    where did u get the bead locks ?
    and are they offset or no

where did u get the bead locks ?
    and are they offset or no
    The hard to find axial rocksters
    Had for a while.lots of offset kinda makes it look odd.after the tec 5 zero offset(Cheyenne beadlocs in the middle discontinued)

Sent using lipo power
    Last edited by jamann; 09-06-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    i love the middle ones anyone got them fs lol

i love the middle ones anyone got them fs lol
    See them on eBay now and then
    Pro line Cheyenne beadlocks

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    For yard bashing, I'd say go with Trencher X pre mounted on Desperados or F-11's

Brushless 19/62 SPC 8.2 It's not a Tekin or a MM

RC Racer
    i think im going with slingers the trenchers are well thats what everyone dose lol and i like the look of the slingers

i think im going with slingers the trenchers are well thats what everyone dose lol and i like the look of the slingers
    There "may" be a reason why so many people have the Trenchers.... Either one you get will be great.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    I have slingers. Not a good multi purpose tire. Great for crawling around woods but awful for bashing cause they are so big and clumsy. They are also heavy so to say you're going to lose about 25% run time would be generous.

RC Racer
    im thinking im gonna get slingers for trail driving in the woods and crawling and mashers for bashing

RC Qualifier
    Atta boy! However the regular trenchers (not the X) are awesome for bashing. Also do very well crawling. I do not have experience with the X but since they are smaller, you will lose almost .5" clearance. IMO,..trenhcer X look cooler, but the non-X "seem more" capable.

I won't disclose my ultimate bashing tire for fear the market will meet the demand....hehehe...

RC Racer
    my buddy kikilink333 is prob gonna get trenchers so i cant match his truck lol so i like the way the mashers look hopefully they preform like i hope lol

RC Qualifier
    People seem to like their Mashers as well. Will be fun to compete and see who the king of the dirt is Come back and post results.

RC Racer
    lol its always fun when u got someone to run with we mess around with our rustlers all the time hes more how would u say um conservitive maybe im more hey lets jump the rustler off the roof and bend a shock into a 90 dagree angle lol

I agree to get full fun out of the truck.you need more than one.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    yea next on the list is drift cars

RC poster
    Mickey Thompson baja claws. best all around tire. The stock Canyons are great for the summit but they balloon if got are running brushless.i also own trencher x but they are wide and slide out a lot. Mud Slingers are great in mud but not for bashing b/c they are heavy. Team losi has some cool Claw MTs too.

RC Racer
    im pretty much made up my mind on slingers with bead locks and a set of pre mounted mashers on despies

RC poster
    I just got a set of 3.8 mashers last week so fsr there great on all terrain but not the best once the pack full of mud