Thread: BOCA Bearings

RC Qualifier

BOCA Bearings

Not sure if i made a mistake or not but i've heard mixed views of BOCA bearings, I though that the Yellow seals are the best for racing and what not like on a buggy or SCT truck but for the monster trucks I though the green seals where the best.

I just ordered a full set, they came with bearings for the RPM knuckles. I ordered the Green seals hoping i ordered the right ones

I've blown a lot of traxxas bearings mostly ones in the input shafts of the diffs, front and rear and i'm sick of these bearings blowing.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Not sure if i made a mistake or not but i've heard mixed views of BOCA bearings, I though that the Yellow seals are the best for racing and what not like on a buggy or SCT truck but for the monster trucks I though the green seals where the best.

I just ordered a full set, they came with bearings for the RPM knuckles. I ordered the Green seals hoping i ordered the right ones

I've blown a lot of traxxas bearings mostly ones in the input shafts of the diffs, front and rear and i'm sick of these bearings blowing.
    The green ones are definitely the best, that's what i have in my differentials and never had a bearing problem since!!!
    65 mph E-Revo on 6s
    70 mph Stampede on 3s

Have you heard about Avid bearings?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    I have but it seemed like the BOCA where better, and i liked that the BOCA green seals are better for dirty environments, 90% of my RC driving is in sand and fine clay. My best tires are sand paws and badlands.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    I have but it seemed like the BOCA where better, and i liked that the BOCA green seals are better for dirty environments, 90% of my RC driving is in sand and fine clay. My best tires are sand paws and badlands.
    I have used Avid bearings before but they kept blowing apart every week, but since i put BOCA Bearings with the green seal they have been forking for over a month now!!!
    65 mph E-Revo on 6s
    70 mph Stampede on 3s

RC Racer
    I haven't had to replace any bearings in my ERBE yet. But I will tell you that BOCA is all I ever used in all my helis where a bad bearing can be catastrophic . They have a great selection, fair prices, and great customer service. I checked out the Avid site and the prices are appealing for sure. I think these just might be a better choice for some conditions and likely "good enough" for bashing. But for motors, diffs, and other places things are more critical that are harder to get to, the correct type of BOCA bearing just may be a better choice for some applications.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. I will most likely get mine from BOCA when the time comes.

EDIT: It's starting to look like even my off road cars are becoming on road cars set-up more for speed. In this case, I will be installing higher grade BOCA bearings in the ERBE and XO....maybe even the Rusty since it's set-up to do 70mph.
    Last edited by Flyextreme; 09-05-2013 at 02:30 AM.
    Sure it'll work, watch this

RC Qualifier
    I started tearing down my truck and ive got 3 bearings from rpm in the knuckles seized. I hope they haven't ruined my cvd stub axles they still look ok. Ive spent about 50 bucks replacing exploded traxxas bearings this summer. Ive take out some bearings and the outter shell was cracked. So spending 110 bucks on BOCA is no problem I wish I would of done it longer ago. Would if saved me 2 diffs and a lot of downtime

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2