RC poster

Traxxas t maxx 3.3 motor

So I'm kinda a dummy when it comes to this stuff compared to some of the guys on here but I had my ad for a while now and replaced the 3.3 motor out after wearing the 2.5 out. Well life had its changes and I put it up for a few years and I got it out to try and start it. Well it seems to be seized up. Is there any way to Unseize it? And without opening it up? Any tricks guys?

RC Qualifier
    u used after run oil when u put it away?

RC poster
    I bought two trucks that had been sitting for almost two years. Both engines were seized (actually gummed up). What I did is spray WD-40 into the cylinder and let it sit a while. After a while I was able to barely move it using the flywheel and my thumb. Kept working it until it freed up more. Finally felt as if they were good. I kept using my EZ-Start to turn the engine. Although I had to dismantle and clean the carbs, both engines now scream.

RC Champion
    if its that seized up you should dis-assemble it to clean. leaving any gunk/dirt in the engine while attempting to run it can shorten or end the term of the engines life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyleb View Post
    if its that seized up you should dis-assemble it to clean. leaving any gunk/dirt in the engine while attempting to run it can shorten or end the term of the engines life.
    +1

If you free it up but end up with junk in the bearings, you can/will shorten the life of the engine.

Rough engine bearings at 20,000+ rpm don't spin for long.

Rebuild instructions, gives a step by step with pics how to take the engine apart & put it together again.
    Remember to use new o-rings, lube them on install.
    http://traxxas.com/support/TRX-Engin...Instructions-0

How to clean a gumbed engine.
    http://traxxas.com/support/How-Clean-gummed-engine
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!