Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifed cars

RC Champion

Modifed cars

Here's some of the modified cars my friends and I have owned and worked on.

This is a Nissan 240sx that has been slammed. 2inches off the ground. The interior was completely gutted so the car was very light. It had a welded diff which made it easy to drift. It was lots of fun. It was strait piped with a muffler so it was very loud too.

The 240 above was sold and this BMW e30 was bought. It has an 1993 BMW M3 motor in it. It is strait piped from the headers back and is crazy loud. Welded diff too. The thing is a drift beast.

This is a 2009 Mazda3 sport. It hasn't been too modified aside from paint and wheels. It has a custom glass pack exhaust so it did sound really good.

The Mazda3 was sold just because it was a nice car but FWD isn't so fun. This Nissan 240sx was bought. This thing is becoming a beast. It has custom wheels, custom headlights, white strip, two recaro bucket seats, coil overs (3inches off ground), strait piped from headers back, and best of all a welded diff. This thing is a beast. Drifts all day.

This one isn't really a car but we did a few mods to it. This is a Dodge Dakota 4x4. We have put in the roll bar in the back, the off road lights, we did the paint job and lifted it a few inches. It has no exhaust as of right now so it is extremely loud. Sounds great too.

Anyone else here into modified cars? Anyone have a nice car?
    Last edited by Bash'n'slash; 12-08-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Enthusiast
    I think you have posted on the wrong forum... This is a rc forum...

RC Enthusiast
    but this is the ally man you can talk anout anything

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Erevoboy123 View Post
    I think you have posted on the wrong forum... This is a rc forum...
    Yes, I know. But here in the alley you can post about whatever you want.

RC Competitor

Here's mine sadly this is the only decent pic I have of it ATM. 2001 Honda Prelude base. It doesn't have the 19s its back on stock cause they wouldn't fit after a 1.5" drop it has a basic engine bay tuck battery is moved to the trunk and this picture makes the paint look good lol. It has an eBay exhaust that was modified so it sounds nothing like any Honda 4 banger you can think of, triple resonated with cat delete.

RC Champion
    Sweet! That looks good. I bet it looks better lowered though. Looks like a 4x4. lol. That's good that it doesn't sound like a 4 banger. The blue 240 above was a strait four and it really is one of the best sounding cars I've heard. Share some more pics if you have any.

RC Competitor
    Yeah I'll take some more this weekend if it ever decides to quit raining.

RC Qualifier
    Does it have to be an import lol. 2004 Mustang Mach 1 40th Anniversary Edition. Unfortunately it was sold

Sent from my SCH-I535

RC Champion
    Lol. No it does not have to be import. I actually really like American muscle myself. That is a very nice Mustang! The thing looks mean!

RC Qualifier
    Thank you. I was going for the sinister look lol. Maybe one day I will get another but for now I have other things to spend money on. That and I want an older Jeep (but who doesn't lol)

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtwohands View Post
    Does it have to be an import lol. 2004 Mustang Mach 1 40th Anniversary Edition. Unfortunately it was sold

Sent from my SCH-I535
    NICE (for a Ford)

I'm kinda partial to American Muscle myself, just too bad I can't afford the late 60s stuff. Been there, tried to do that.

Here's my other playtoy, 1999 Z28, had a little work done to it. Makes a lot of noise and looks cool.

Trying out my new Corsa exhaust....

RC Champion
    Good looking Camaro! I'm more of a Mustang fan but still got respect for a good Camaro. I bet the Corsa Exhaust just roars!

RC Qualifier
    Well I can't give too much input here.... I like some cars but I have mostly worked on modified trucks or a customers stock truck or car, but there are some good looking cars in here though!

Here's my 1974 Camaro I had when I was 18.
    LT1 350 c.i
    Edelbrock torquer manifold
    Holley 650 double pumper
    TH350 with 1800 rpm stall converter
    Hooker Headers
    Edelbrock heads (had to clean them up at the machine shop though)
    I also installed Cruise control and electric door locks and windows
    Finished it off with a nice paint job upped the anti sway bars and some Craiger rims.

This car drove like it was on rails.... Handled really well.

1974 was the last year of the bumper on Camaro's!!! Last model of Camaro I liked. Not any of the newer models flips my lid.

Last edited by Nitronaught; 12-11-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Here's my 1974 Camaro I had when I was 18.
    LT1 350 c.i
    Edelbrock torquer manifold
    Holley 650 double pumper
    TH350 with 1800 rpm stall converter
    Hooker Headers
    Edelbrock heads (had to clean them up at the machine shop though)
    I also installed Cruise control and electric door locks and windows
    Finished it off with a nice paint job upped the anti sway bars and some Craiger rims.

This car drove like it was on rails.... Handled really well.

1974 was the last year of the bumper on Camaro's!!! Last model of Camaro I liked. Not any of the newer models flips my lid.

I like it!!!!!! im with you, 3rd generation and higher just aren't like the 1st and 2nd gens! although the new COPOs are pretty neat

RC Champion
    Was is an auto or stick?

So I have been looking for pictures of the roush stage 2 my dad owned from around 05-07 and haven't been able to find anything. I'll keep looking for you guys....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=sean1214;5616487]Was is an auto or stick?

5 speed, only way to own one

Sent from my SCH-I535

RC Qualifier

Never mind the outline. That was from a long time ago lol. MGW short throw shifter with racing handle. Carbon fiber shifter boot and knob.

Sent from my SCH-I535

RC Champion
    5 speed, only way to own one
    Totally agree, my dad had a 40th anniversary in the 5 speed and it is the only car I've actually heard him admit was a mistake to get rid of....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier

Way to many mods to list at this point haha, In Winter mode.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post

Way to many mods to list at this point haha, In Winter mode.
    Eric right? I think I know you from Instagram. Your Stang is AWESOME! It's still hard to believe its a V6. I like the antlers, they look great.

RC Qualifier
    Yep thats me!
    Shameless Plug:
    http://instagram.com/eric_rock
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Champion
    Anyone else into modified cars?

RC Qualifier
    Oh yeah. I love modded rigs. It will be dangerous when I have time and money. I'm partial to molded pickups. After graduating college, this summer, and getting a job I intend to build my pickup a little. I have a little 1986.5 Nissan pickup in 4wd with a V6. I want to do low boost turbo with a goal of 300rwhp. Should be enough for fun and wheeling but low enough to DD.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro with PES G2 supercharger. Next project will be a foxbody mustang build.

RC Champion
    Very nice very clean Audi. I love Audi. They have made some really awesome cars over the years. Just wish they were more dependable.

My friend that had the BMW E30 crashed it a few weeks ago. He lost control on a patch of ice and slammed into a parked car. It was totaled. Now he has a Subaru Forester. It looks really nice. It is slammed, with aftermarket wheels, coil overs, full WRX exhaust, VW front lip, WRX turbo, and a big ol silly sticker. I don't have pictures of it yet but will post one when I get one.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you sir. +1 on the reliability issue. Luckily I have a parts car in my yard, rather have an entire car for parts than have to pay the insane prices every time I need something. I have seen a lot of cool forester builds. Would love to see a pic of your friends. I was strongly considering get a WRX, then I realized I'd only be getting the WRX because I couldn't afford the STI haha. So I decided against it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreg67 View Post
    Thank you sir. +1 on the reliability issue. Luckily I have a parts car in my yard, rather have an entire car for parts than have to pay the insane prices every time I need something. I have seen a lot of cool forester builds. Would love to see a pic of your friends. I was strongly considering get a WRX, then I realized I'd only be getting the WRX because I couldn't afford the STI haha. So I decided against it.
    That's awesome. Having a second car for parts helps a ton. That orange truck above we had a second truck for parts. It was nice to just be able to change out parts. We actually took the lift kit off the old one and put it on the new truck. Yeah that's one thing I don't like about WRX's they are just not a STI. Haha still an amazing car though.

I'll get those pictures up in just a bit.
    Last edited by Bash'n'slash; 01-14-2014 at 06:37 PM.

RC Champion
    Here you go.

His silly sticker.

Having fun in the snow.

RC Qualifier
    What a use of insurance money haha. Very nice, body looks real clean for the age of the car. Love the white wheels too, they are very similar to the wheels I have on my car. My car was stock until I bought my "parts car" got a lot of goodies from it, seller was selling it because he thought the motor was knocking and it got hit in the back, the knock he was hearing was a horrendous wheel bearing. So I ended up with 6k worth of parts for $2000, plus a whole parts car. Story of my life really. I bought my car with 98k for 2k as well because it had a bad misfire/bad valve cover gasket. couple hundred dollars worth of parts later and it runs like a champ!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    Here you go.

His silly sticker.

Having fun in the snow.

Clean forester!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-15-2014 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Language abuse

RC Champion
    ^^ yeah it's REALLY clean. I didn't like the idea of him getting so much at first just because I thought it would be a piece of crap. But it turned out to be really clean. I was a little upset that its not RWD though. Oh well it's that subie life. He said he's going to get another 240sx when he finds a really clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreg67 View Post
    What a use of insurance money haha. Very nice, body looks real clean for the age of the car. Love the white wheels too, they are very similar to the wheels I have on my car. My car was stock until I bought my "parts car" got a lot of goodies from it, seller was selling it because he thought the motor was knocking and it got hit in the back, the knock he was hearing was a horrendous wheel bearing. So I ended up with 6k worth of parts for $2000, plus a whole parts car. Story of my life really. I bought my car with 98k for 2k as well because it had a bad misfire/bad valve cover gasket. couple hundred dollars worth of parts later and it runs like a champ!
    Yeah that's exactly how he got the car. He got 6k out of the BMW and actually got 8k from his mom through a divorce. Not sure how much the car cost him but with all that money he's done a lot to this car. He's been really lucky with cars. So he actually traded that blue 240sx for the BMW. The next day the guy that he sold it to blew the engine on it. He was super happy he traded. Lol. Although he does have a 2jz motor he could have put in it. He picked up the 2jz for $800. The kid is so lucky.

RC Qualifier
    2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS. LS3 (Vette Motor), Headers (maybe), Corsa Exhaust, Cold air box, hood is custom and the entire car was repainted.... The decals are now hand painted. This is not my car BUT it is in the family. All the way up in NY! I have driven it and it is the only Camaro I like...
    Complete stock

Video does contain children crying from awesome cars!
    http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/tk...08bb6.mp4.html
    This is a ex-United States Army Soldier's car, he is my Uncle! The old timer in the video used to race Vettes' back in the late 60's/early 70's. (AKA:Grandpa)

Performance work was done by G-Force
    Last edited by Spartanator; 01-15-2014 at 01:57 AM.
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    That's awesome. Id choose a mustang over a camaro usaly but if that thing has a LS2 then it's gotta be a beast. Very nice car. I like it.

RC Qualifier

Modifed cars

Thanks. I am a Mustang fan too, and it was the only (well newer model) car I liked for a realllllly long time. I am not a fan of the 2015 Mustang though so... I have moved into the AMG line now days... I have a video of him dragging with it against a Stage 2 or 3 Roush (morning memory..). I forgot what he ran time wise. It had the dual tranny
    And, so many settings for driving.

When he was overseas the car was stored at my Grandparents and they didn't like driving it (too low to the ground) so I took the liberty of exercising the LS3... The car sends emails about tire pressure, it's a very smart car!

How I miss the Roush days!?!? I have so many at show pictures, roughly 1000+ from car shows.
    Back in the day my Grandfather *had* a Trans-AM, Burt styled and bad to the bone! He sold it to pour the foundation on his home...

On another note: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8999465

Forever a 67' fan!
    Last edited by Spartanator; 01-15-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    That Camaro sounds awesome. Yeah I'm a big fan of roush. Really like there stuff.

I love the AMG series. They are absolutely amazing. The SLS AMG Black series is a beast. And it's exhaust note is monstrously loud. Sound amazing.

I'm going to an auto show on Saturday. I'll defiantly post some pictures.
    Last edited by Bash'n'slash; 01-15-2014 at 08:52 AM.

^ Wait, your going to the Auto expo too?!? That's when I'm going ha ha. Sweet, maybe I'll see you there...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    ^ Wait, your going to the Auto expo too?!? That's when I'm going ha ha. Sweet, maybe I'll see you there...
    Yup! Haha that would be funny if we saw each other. Me and a buddy are showing right at 10. Well be in his 240sx. It's the red one posted above.

Nice, I'll have see if I can find it. I can't wait, I've gone every year since I was 8.
    Any way, I don't want to de rail the thread, go back to posting cool cars!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Oh your totally fine. It's all car related so no worries.

Later today ill post a picture of an Evo. I just recently met this kid and he has a nice car. It's an Evo eight that puts out 300 horsepower to the wheels. It's very clean. I'll get a picture up later today.