Thread: First nitro

RC Enthusiast

First nitro

I have an electric sonuva digger and i want to get a nitro truck(hoping for a revo 3.3 or a tmaxx) what is the best recommended truck for a beginner at nitro?

RC Qualifier
    My first RC ever was a T-maxx and it was great, real easy truck to work on and change parts.

I just got a revo and its a little more difficult to work on for sure but its a real nice truck. i took all the telemetry and reverse off i don't really need all that anyway.

Nitro is a lot of fun its makes noise and no batteries to recharge!!

RC Competitor
    You can't go wrong with either, they are both great trucks. My first rc was the t-maxx way back in 99. I still have it although it hasn't been ran in several years. These trucks are not terribly hard to wrench on IMO. Definitely easier than say a 8th scale buggy. I generally prefer the Revo simply because of its increased tuneability compared to the maxx, and its superior durability out of the box, but again they are both heaps of fun. Both can easily be set up for nearly any type of use, and parts and upgrades are aplenty. There is a learning curve involved with running nitro but there is loads of great information on this site so lots bof helpful advice for any problems you may encounter, hope this helps and best of luck.

RC Competitor
    My first nitro was the Revo 3.3 and I do not regret anything... between the two, I would choose the Revo because I think it is more durable and has more options for upgrades EX: you can get higher as a Monster Truck or can low-her to race on the track or in any other spot,sway bars for not to roll over so easily ... and many more things you can do. Do your research and choose the one that pleases you. Good luck
    Last edited by Cyborg; 09-19-2013 at 04:52 AM.

RC Racer
    my first nitro ever was a hpi nitro rs4 mt and then i got my traxxas revo 2.5r becase the hpi sucks!!! and since then i have sold it because it is a piece of but the revo 2.5r is realy nice on my standards because for me it holds its tune but i keep going throu exhaust gaskets???????????

RC Enthusiast
    If i were to get one of these trucks what would be some parts i would need to change at the start?

RC Qualifier
    Ok get the Revo 3.3 its way more fun. It handles real good and a little more durable stock. I had 2 T-maxx (3.3 ans OS.21) and i know like my revo 3.3 more. but in electric i like the Emaxx way more!! or FLM/UE emaxx