RC Enthusiast

Cool wheel tire combos 17MM hex?

I just finished breaking in a replacement 3.3. Tank 6, first one after break in, resulted in a ripped anaconda lol. Nature of the beast, motor saver air filter, drilled stinger, HR steel transmission gears, and now a losi 3.4 carb.

I am a basher at heart; I do like doing high speed runs but I don't have a radar gun(not a serious thing for me). I just like to drive fast like Rikki Bobby lol. For the dirt I have a set of badlands on wabash wheels for the rear so offroad is covered.

I was thinking of going with a set of these....http://www.ebay.com/itm/300937871330...84.m1423.l2649

I know they are spendy and I can't really say I want to spend that much on a wheel/tire combo unless they really warrant the money considering dollarhobbiez has a full set of stockers for 30ish. Has anybody used these when there was a 17MM adapter available on the market ?

Really just looking for info, if I see a 17MM adapter set I will probably grab it just to have it. Not so much that I need a 17MM wheel but just figured since that opened up some options that would be nice. Anacondas are good, nice and grippy but they wear out fast and seem so tear apart too.

Just looking for info/options. Thanks in advance

RC Qualifier
    I would go with xo-1 wheels n tires. They're belted and are made for high speeds.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jato View Post
    I would go with xo-1 wheels n tires. They're belted and are made for high speeds.

Thanks for the suggestion, if I can get a 17mm adapter ill look into them more.

I just ordered a set of losi road weapon 2.8 tires that im going to try and get on an extra set of Wabash wheels that I have since it seems that combo should work. Ill keep the thread updated.

RC Racer
    I use Sweep GT wheels with no problem...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 MD View Post
    I use Sweep GT wheels with no problem...
    Did you find 17MM adapters? I have been looking for them like crazy! I tore both anacondas apart now lol

RC Qualifier
    Hot racing make them for the Harold.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jato View Post
    Hot racing make them for the Harold.
    I am googleing the Harold but I am not seeing anything that leads me in the right direction. Who makes it? I really am not familiar with anything but traxxas models.

RC Qualifier
    sorry auto-correct. I meant Jato not Harold lol.
    http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...JT107M06;c=180

RC Enthusiast
    I have been searching for either the HR or Integy adapters and have yet to find them in stock. Been stalking ebay for about a week or so

RC Enthusiast
    Finally!!! Ordered two just to be safe, bizarehobbiez got the 17MM adapters in stock. Is there a difference between the xo-1 front and rear wheels?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnksvo@gmail.com View Post
    Finally!!! Ordered two just to be safe, bizarehobbiez got the 17MM adapters in stock. Is there a difference between the xo-1 front and rear wheels?
    No there is no difference... the wheel in the rear is wider but the hex and diameters are the same...

RC poster
    I got 2 pairs of rear badlands on desperados with my truck i bought off somebody do make adapters so i can jus throw em on the front ? Ty

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Egan715 View Post
    I got 2 pairs of rear badlands on desperados with my truck i bought off somebody do make adapters so i can jus throw em on the front ? Ty
    next thread down..............

RC Enthusiast
    So I have the HR 17MM hex adapter and the XO-1 wheel/tires and they do not fit. There is a notch in the XO-1 wheels but the HR adapters do not have the notch in them.

Do I take material off the wheels or off of the HR 17MM adapters?? Any thoughts?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnksvo@gmail.com View Post
    So I have the HR 17MM hex adapter and the XO-1 wheel/tires and they do not fit. There is a notch in the XO-1 wheels but the HR adapters do not have the notch in them.

Do I take material off the wheels or off of the HR 17MM adapters?? Any thoughts?
    Dremel the XO wheels "gently" this is what I did so the XO wheels could run on my Vorza... But to be honest... I think that is a waste... The jato should use the cheapest wheels you have because of how over powered it is... It will eat any wheel you throw at it... I use the losi buggy wheels now... They hold up well... Save your XO wheels for your XO...