RC Enthusiast

trx 3.3 starts and runs but wont idle

im having a problem with my 3.3. i cant get the motor to idle. it will only start if i manually hold the throttle open to about 1/2 throttle. once its started it runs and will rev up properly but as soon as i release the throttle and let the carb close (to idle screw) the engine instantly dies. i have hsn and lsn at factory settings and adjusting the idle screw does not help. ive tried adjusting the idle screw all the way closed (max idle) and ive moved it all the way back to recommended setting .7-1.0 mm. this doesnt help. the only way i can get it started is by holding the throttle open.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you may have a leak in your fuel system or exhaust.

Has it been rebuilt? Check that the cutout on the piston is facing the carb.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    i recently took the engine apart too seal it all up. i think i made the mistake of placing the cutout towards the rear of the engine. i just took it apart to check and sure enough the cutout was toward rear and not toward front. i flipped the piston and con rod around and began reassembly. now i just found that a clutch bell bearing has gone bad on me. ordering a new bearing set and will attempt to run when assembled. in case of this not resolving the problem, could there be any other concerns i should be checking now that the engine is out of my truck? i have reset all needles to factory settings and have a new exhaust gasket for header and new header to pipe coupler. all new lines for fuel and fuel pressure. new glow plug.

RC Enthusiast
    thank you Double G for that info! hopefully that will resolve my issue.

RC poster
    if it still does it change your clutch shoes, and spring.