RC poster

Problem with my EZ start controller on my Sport

Hi all, I've been a huge Traxxas fan for years and I've been loving my sport for the past 3 years and it runs better than they day i bought it. However, i have a small issue with the EZ start. The glow plug will not light with the controller stick It lights fine with a dedicated ignitor but will not with the wand. The light tirns on, and i know that Im getting current because i licked the wires... I know thats not always good but i figuired i could handle 1.5 volts. I hooked wires directly to the holes in the want and nothing glows on a brand new plug. Just wondering if theres any fixing this or that ill need to stick with the dedicated ignitor.

RC Qualifier
    If BOTH lights on the wand are coming on...... it SHOULD be working. weak battery???

Confirm that 1.5v is at the yellow and blue wires and that those wires do not have bare spots. The yellow should be firmly planted on the engine and the blue attached to the plug.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I know that its not a weak battery because i just got a new one, fully charged it and it still doesn't even get warm. The yellow wire is firmly attached and i wiggled it a bit to try to ensure that there was a metal to metal connection and that didn't make a difference. There is a bare spot on the blue wire, but it doesn't touch the cooling head. When i hook up the glow plug directly to the wand via the correct holes, it also will not get warm. I have since 'made' a glow plug heater that works great but it would be awesome if I could fix this.

Again, confirm that you are getting 1.5v out of the wand and then at the end of the wires; use a multimeter to verify. Sometimes the pins inside the wand get pushed up causing issues.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    alright. ill have to borrow one and report back tomorrow or so. I imagine that im getting something because i felt it on my tongue