RC poster

Lipo battery questions....

Hello, this is my very first post on traxxas forum! Anyways, I am thinking of getting a lipo battery for me, I am new to lipos...So my first question is, will these lipo batteries fit? 1: http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-50c-50...22-direct.html 2: http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-50c-50...case-2222.html

Just so you know, these ARE different links, looks like the same but they aren't. Okay, second question, are they different? It looks like the plugs are different, but is there anything else?

Alright, third question, will I need modifications on a stock stampede 4x4? Ex: Extensions, soldering, trimming etc.

Quick review: Gens ace 5000mah 50c hard case 7.v lipo battery.

RC Qualifier
    Welcome Deathdragon. Both batteries will fit, but neither has a traxxas style plug. You would need get a 4mm bullet to traxxas adapter. I would recommend SPC batteries. They already have traxxas plugs too. I have been most satisfied with mine. The 2s 5000mah 30c fits perfectly. No mods.

http://spcracingbatteries.com/

When upgrading to lipo, strongly recommend to upgrade slipper bearing adapter Part #6893x. You will melt you stock plastic one in no time.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    For the same price, you can get a 6500 65c @ SPC, and you wont have to solder a connector on...

Anyone else getting a 509 error at spc's site?

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Don't forget value hobby as they have some good packs too.

RC Qualifier
    SPC is out of their mind thinking they can charge 30 dollars to ship 1 battery.. For that simple reason I have never done business with them. They advertise low prices and charge exorbitant shipping charges to make up for it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    For the same price, you can get a 6500 65c @ SPC, and you wont have to solder a connector on...

Anyone else getting a 509 error at spc's site?
    Also getting error.

Edit: Its back up again
    Last edited by Hirschowl; 09-01-2013 at 10:31 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by T4KT1KZ View Post
    SPC is out of their mind thinking they can charge 30 dollars to ship 1 battery.. For that simple reason I have never done business with them. They advertise low prices and charge exorbitant shipping charges to make up for it.
    Must be high shipping to canada. Only charged me a couple of bucks to ship (and I believe thats same cost anywhere in continental US up to 4 batteries). I paid like 31 bucks for the 5000mah 30c 2s lipo shipped. They are based out of lewis run, pa (which is only about 1.25 hours from me). Still shipping is cheaper than driving there and back. And placed order and got battery 2 business days later.

RC poster
    Anyways so I need to solder the traxxas plug. Are gens ace good quality? Anything else I need to know about gens ace?

Much as with chargers, you have your information substantially incorrect.

Below is the shipping charge for one Traxxas battery shipped from amainhobbies.com to the city listed in your "location" field:

Notice this part:
    ** Please Note: Shipping charges listed only cover transit to your country. You are also responsible for all customs, duties, and taxes that may be charged.

and also in the product listing:
    Note: Lithium batteries cannot be shipped internationally via USPS; shipping more than 2 internationally is now subject to HAZMAT, with fees and limited availability

Perhaps you should change your signature.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ... is out of their mind thinking they can charge 30 dollars to ship 1 battery.. For that simple reason I have never done business with them. They advertise low prices and charge exorbitant shipping charges to make up for it.
    Did it ever occur to you that $30 is exactly what UPS charges to ship a package from the eastern US to western Canada and a vendor (any vendor) is just passing on the cost?
    Last edited by Jakey; 09-01-2013 at 12:19 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Much as with chargers, you have your information substantially incorrect.

Below is the shipping charge for one Traxxas battery shipped from amainhobbies.com to the city listed in your "location" field:

Notice this part:
    ** Please Note: Shipping charges listed only cover transit to your country. You are also responsible for all customs, duties, and taxes that may be charged.

and also in the product listing:
    Note: Lithium batteries cannot be shipped internationally via USPS; shipping more than 2 internationally is now subject to HAZMAT, with fees and limited availability

Perhaps you should change your signature.
    Maybe their shipping is good for the states... but that's where it ends.. UPS charges fees on top aswell so it would turn a 35 dollar battery into an $80 bill.. They only list two options for shipping. UPS standard for $32 or UPS Expedited for $72.50. that's right 72 dollars to ship a single battery. Im simply saying that Canadians have to pay a lot more to ship the same product literally 50 extra miles...i doesn't matter if its from a main or spc, a guy in Washington can order it for 40 buck tax in/shipped..where they are going to charge me over $70 for the same battery then i have to worry about paying extra fees on top. Until the lipo mailing restrictions are amended it makes no sense to order anything shipped via UPS. I would rather wait the 3 weeks and get it shipped from a different country... I have ordered many things via USPS and its awesome... fast shipping/tracking, no fees etc. The fact they wont ship lipo's over the border turns a-lot of people away i think. When i seen UPS or fedex i go the other way... At some point the shipping costs outweigh the gain. Might aswell pay full retail at my LHS cause im really not saving anything. I've Heard alot of good things about SPC . One of these days ill just have to eat the $40 bucks and just get one shipped... when your looking at the bill and the total cost including shipping is more than the item its a jagged pill to swallow... LOL

Rant over. ;P

carry on.

any what exactly are you referring to "as in chargers my info is incorrect??? that traxxas re-branded the hitec x1? or vice versa.. Fact is its identical for 40 dollars less.... or that thunder chargers have a notoriously bad track record. ?? what exactly is incorrect? enlighten me..
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 09-01-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Im simply saying that Canadians have to pay a lot more to ship the same product literally 50 extra miles...i doesn't matter if its from a main or spc,
    No what you said is...

SPC is out of their mind thinking they can charge 30 dollars to ship 1 battery.
    You are blaming SPC or whoever for prices that are out of their control. UPSP or UPS or whoever charge what they charge and it is unfortunate that you being in Canada drives that price sky high but blaming it on a company like SPC or any other vendor just does not make any sense.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Really? See http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?8992242-what-is-best-lipo-charger&p=5569866&viewfull=1#post5569866

^^Here are a couple places you went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by T4KT1KZ
    Im simply saying that Canadians have to pay a lot more to ship the same product literally 50 extra miles...i doesn't matter if its from a main or spc, a guy in Washington can order it for 40 buck tax in/shipped
    No, that's NOT what you were "simply saying." It's all here in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by T4KT1KZ
    This is a friendly forum. However, when you start spouting the erroneous information that you lately seem to enjoy, the other members will quickly decide who to listen to.

You are correct is stating it costs more to ship from the US to Canada than from the US to the US. This is a due to the cost of international trade, not of any manufacturer gouging.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-01-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ... UPS charges fees on top aswell so it would turn a 35 dollar battery into an $80 bill..
    Completely and totally inaccurate. A $10 duties fee is a far cry from $45. Why do you continue to exaggerate with respect to this entire issue?

If you do not like the tariffs and taxes imposed by your government, blame them and not RC vendors based in the US.
    Last edited by Jakey; 09-01-2013 at 03:10 PM.

I am getting my spc lipo for Christmas and I live in the uk so I will be paying a bit for shipping but it will still be cheaper for me and its worth it because I want quality and don't understand why people whinge ......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    Completely and totally inaccurate. A $10 duties fee is a far cry from $45. Why do you continue to exaggerate with respect to this entire issue?

If you do not like the tariffs and taxes imposed by your government, blame them and not RC vendors based in the US.
    $10 dollars duty on top of 32 shipping.. = $42.. to ship a $35 dollar battery.... that is all im saying.. it has nothing to do with vendors it has everything to do with import law ... its crazy how shipping from usps is so much cheaper..where as shipping via UPS or fedex jack up the price considerably.. But as USPS wont import lipo's there in lies the problem..

im done with this topic.. sorry OP didnt mean to hijack your thread...
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 09-01-2013 at 03:33 PM.

RC Qualifier
    its not spc.. its import law in general my badd was a little tired when i posted on that this am.. It doesnt matter if its spc amain hobbypartz etc its all the same when shipping to canada..

RC poster
    Hello can we talk about gens ace not SPC?

Gens ace are all good I have used them before and been happy with the results .......peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathdragon704 View Post
    Anyways so I need to solder the traxxas plug.
    You could solder on a traxxas plug, or buy a 4mm plug to traxxas plug

Linking to knock off Traxxas connectors is not appreciated or allowed. The link has been removed

Dadx2mj

something like this might work, if you dont have access to solder gun.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 09-02-2013 at 09:51 AM.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    many were using gens ace at my track with great results(pt raceway) and the local hobby shop went out of their way to stock them. a couple of months later, the newer batch of those same gens ace packs were having all kinds of problems. The hobby shop quit carrying them because of the qc of that particular pack and no way for the lhs to recoup the value of the packs that were returned. Others at the track are still using that brand (different spec packs)with great results, but a few have had big problems here and there. Its a crap shoot sometimes, and you really cant expect anything back if you get a dud. Hope you got some good ones with your order.
    Last edited by rag6; 09-02-2013 at 06:18 PM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    Ultimate rc network on you tube. Jang will tell u what u need to know about gens ace.
    Last edited by CodenameTRX1; 09-03-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Typo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I am getting my spc lipo for Christmas and I live in the uk so I will be paying a bit for shipping but it will still be cheaper for me and its worth it because I want quality and don't understand why people whinge ......peace
    Oh man YOU WILL LOVE THOSE SPC BATTERIES MY FRIEND!

RC Champion
    Hard to go wrong with traxxas or SPC lipos.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    Hard to go wrong with traxxas or SPC lipos.
    Where do u guys store your Lipo's when not in use?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I store mine in an airtight container at storage voltage in my refrigerator.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    Oh man YOU WILL LOVE THOSE SPC BATTERIES MY FRIEND!
    I know I cant wait to get my hands on those spc packs.........peace