Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

Just Bought A New 1/16 Slash 4X4

Well i started a thread in the 1/10 Slash 4X4 forum about building a Slash from the ground up and when i would finish that Slash that would be one and only RC car. Soooooo I got bored waiting for money and parts and not being able to drive anything so I went to my local hobby shop and picked up the parts for the 1/10 Slash and also bought a 1/16 Slash 4X4 with an extra battery and the battery splitter so I can run 2 batteries at the same time... I will post some pics tonight when I get home from work. So no I have something to drive and RCcars to upgrade... What should be the first things I should get for it

RC Qualifier
    The 1/16 slash is a fast lttle truck! Lotsa fun on pavement, and tough! When it comes to jumps and stuff, you got a roll over machine. I built one and ended up turning it into a merv for my wife. She seems to be losing interest, so I'm thinking I'll have my mini slash back pretty soon.
    addicted much....

RC Champion
    I picked up a new to me 1/16 Slash today.

De-stickered and re-stickered it,swapped tires/wheels,and swapped link rods to green ones(to match the future body better)
    Has the stock 380 Velineon electronics(actually it's been upgraded to these...was originally a brushed model).
    Installed my spare Flysky RX in it.

I'll see if i can tear it up tomorrow.lol.

--
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    Are the bulkheads shimmed ?

RC Enthusiast
    What wheel/tire combo is that?

RC Champion
    They are made by Integy.
    The wheels are aluminum.
    They were on a roller that I picked up awhile back.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Racer
    So this is the beginning because i will be upgrading this thing like crazy

Just finished giving this thing a great bashing to see how it can hold up and it did do great some great flips rollovers and road rash and it did great. it just took its lickings and kept on going... Here are some pics.

Last edited by cooleocool; 09-03-2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    I love my mini slash! It does need some upgrades and it does like to flip but it is a blast to drive. Racing it is fun also. I caused a big pileup and got out of it before anyone else.

lipo power!!!!!
    1:16 Slash VXL
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    I love my mini slash! It does need some upgrades and it does like to flip but it is a blast to drive. Racing it is fun also. I caused a big pileup and got out of it before anyone else.

lipo power!!!!!
    o trust me i have no problem flipping it cause i was testing it to see what it could do... this is the first RC car i have had in about 10 years but i am also building a 1/10th Slash 4X4 from the ground up also so then i will have 2 lol were can i get some lipos for the 1/16????

RC Champion
    I could have sworn I just replied to this thread a little while ago.
    Did my comment get deleted for some reason? Nope, I don't see another post (deleted or not). -cooleo

All I said was that they do tend to traction roll...
    Mine seemed to improve a little with the wide offset aluminum wheels...but would probably be better if I hadn't had to add stiffer springs to keep them from rubbing.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-04-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Racer
    I have a question for everyone.... can i do duel micro servos on this and if i can wat does it do exactly cause a buddy of mine told i should do it cause he said it would help with the steering and stuff is that true

RC Champion
    I wouldnt recommend dual servos.
    if they even get "slightly" out of perfect sync with each other...they will fight each other and ultimately destroy both servos.
    Get one good servo and go with that.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Champion
    Spc has them. Not in stock right now but I am getting tired of low quality Chinese batteries.

lipo power!!!!!
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfox View Post
    I wouldnt recommend dual servos.
    if they even get "slightly" out of perfect sync with each other...they will fight each other and ultimately destroy both servos.
    Get one good servo and go with that.
    ok cool good to know i wont be doin that then wat would be the best micro servo out there then???

RC Champion
    Blue bird 390. It works great if you don't mind slightly slower reactions. It is worth it.

lipo power!!!!!
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Blue bird 390. It works great if you don't mind slightly slower reactions. It is worth it.

lipo power!!!!!
    compared to the traxxas waterproof micro servo how much slower is it and is it waterproof also????

RC Champion
    Its not much slower. Maybe 0.1 Sec slower. Its easy to waterproof. Just put some silicone caulk arount the case. There are some tabs that you should take off. Its quick and easy with a dremel. They can stay on if you don't want to take them off.

lipo power!!!!!
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Its not much slower. Maybe 0.1 Sec slower. Its easy to waterproof. Just put some silicone caulk arount the case. There are some tabs that you should take off. Its quick and easy with a dremel. They can stay on if you don't want to take them off.

lipo power!!!!!
    Thanks Jimdog ill have to look into that

RC Racer
    I just ordered a roll cage from integy i found that were i live and all of these rocks and stuff that i tend to roll over a lot so i thought i would buy it to make the car stiffer and to relieve the stress on the body mounts a little bit..... But anyways i have 2 questions
    #1: Does anyone know if there are screw on body mounts like this http://prolineracing.com/performance...nts-slash-4x4/ for the 1/16 slash or could i just use this and modify it???

#2: My slash was acting weird so i picked it up and push on the throttle and one of the wheels started shaking up and down like the wheel is off balance is this correct and how do i fix it???

RC Champion
    The tires do get off balance. I would recommend getting hoist pirelli tires. They haven't got off balance for me. I guess gpm is making screw on mounts now.

lipo power!!!!!
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    The tires do get off balance. I would recommend getting hoist pirelli tires. They haven't got off balance for me. I guess gpm is making screw on mounts now.

lipo power!!!!!
    can you give me links to both please

RC Racer
    Hey thanks man srry but im not liking the wheels and tires but he link for the screw downs are great thanks a lot.... with wheels and tires i lean more towards bead locks i just love the looks of those things and it makes it easier for changing of tires but thanks anyways man

RC Champion
    You can use different rims. These tires get great grip though. They make the stock tires feel like drift tires.

lipo power!!!!!
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    You can use different rims. These tires get great grip though. They make the stock tires feel like drift tires.

lipo power!!!!!
    do you think those tires will fit on the Titus 2.2 beadlocks from proline?? cause if thats the case i might just get those tires for road use or are they good for all terrain

RC Champion
    Probably not. They go on 26 mm touring car rims. Beadlocks are too heavy for these little cars. These tires are good on any terrain. They also last forever. Mine are about 3 months old and still look new. If you do get these tires make sure the rim has 0 mm offset.

lipo power!!!!!
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Probably not. They go on 26 mm touring car rims. Beadlocks are too heavy for these little cars. These tires are good on any terrain. They also last forever. Mine are about 3 months old and still look new. If you do get these tires make sure the rim has 0 mm offset.

lipo power!!!!!
    ok thanks for the info

RC Racer
    just had an idea i wonder if there is any way to modify something so i can but mudflaps on it or is there something for the 1/16 out there already to do that??

RC Champion
    My experience with mud flaps is they hit the tires and eventually get torn off.

lipo power!!!!!
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    All this talk is making me want to convert my wifes merv back into a mini slash! She won't mind......
    addicted much....

RC Racer
    My experience with mud flaps is they hit the tires and eventually get torn off.

lipo power!!!!!
    yea eventually but i still love the look of them so i want to figure something out

Quote Originally Posted by the finisher View Post
    All this talk is making me want to convert my wifes merv back into a mini slash! She won't mind......
    lol do it the slash is more fun yea it may flip a lot but thats the fun about it ill steel a quot from one of the other guys on here "An RC car with road rash is a happy RC car" lol

RC Qualifier
    Haha! That's a good quote. I like how fast the little things are. They fly!
    addicted much....

RC Racer
    Haha! That's a good quote. I like how fast the little things are. They fly!
    yea can't agree more so i got my call today that my Integy roll cage is in so i am goin to be picking it up from my local hobby shop this friday and then i am goin to put it through it's paces

RC Racer
    Well putting it through it's paces didnt work out today cause i saw that i have a problem... here are the pics of the installed roll cage and then i will explain the problem

so my problem is that the stock shocks are not strong enough with the added weight of the roll cage... cause when i push on the top of the slash it sinks but dosn't come back up compared to when i didnt have the roll cage on and does anyone know if the motor i have will even do good with these problems and yes i will be upgrading the motor soon

RC Racer
    Do you guys think i should get sway bars and better shocks for it so it give me the strength to withstand the heavy roll cage???

RC Champion
    I haven't used the sway bars but for the springs I'm using merv springs. Green up front. Orange on the rear.

lipo power!!!!!
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    I haven't used the sway bars but for the springs I'm using merv springs. Green up front. Orange on the rear.

lipo power!!!!!
    how about a piggy back shock system all the way around???

RC Champion
    I haven't tried the piggyback shocks. I hear they leak worse than stock ones.

lipo power!!!!!
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I tried the piggyback shocks, and they do leak bad. All the fluid would drain in one night. Plus if you did find piggybacks that didn't leak, they wouldn't serve the purpose for which they were intended, which I believe is for when the shock fluid gets warm, the fluid becomes more viscus essentially thinner. the reservoir is has something to do with adding more fluid or adding cooler fluid to regulate the temperature. The 1/16 shocks don't get warm enough to make viscosity an issue. I may be wrong, but that's what I've heard.
    addicted much....

RC Racer
    I haven't tried the piggyback shocks. I hear they leak worse than stock ones.

lipo power!!!!!
    I didn't know they leaked as bad as you say thanks i won't be getting those then

I tried the piggyback shocks, and they do leak bad. All the fluid would drain in one night. Plus if you did find piggybacks that didn't leak, they wouldn't serve the purpose for which they were intended, which I believe is for when the shock fluid gets warm, the fluid becomes more viscus essentially thinner. the reservoir is has something to do with adding more fluid or adding cooler fluid to regulate the temperature. The 1/16 shocks don't get warm enough to make viscosity an issue. I may be wrong, but that's what I've heard.
    Well i won't be getting the piggy backs then what do you guys suggest to fix the problem i am having then.... Also the Finisher are you going to convert your wifes merv back into a mini slash lol ??