RC Competitor

New project, need help and suggestions

Hey guys, just picked up this 4-Tec in a trade, CF chassis and all. At this point, I'm deciding whether I'm going to use it or sell it.

That depends on a couple factors, and my number 1 issue with it is the battery tray. I'm not running 6 cell anything haha. Is there some upgrade or modification I can do to fit a standard 2s lipo in it? There's definitely room in the chassis, but not in the factory hold down. If I can do that, I'll give it a green light and make it go.

Another issue it has is that the ring gear or whatever it's called (my first belt drive, forgive me lol) on the front is not really... attached to the diff. The guy did tell me that it was an issue and he used to tighten something down and it worked. So effectively it's RWD currently. I think I read something about a 3.3 diff fitting in it. Very interested in this possibility, because I'm assuming it's stronger but more importantly it's probably a gear diff. I'll pass on ball diff lol

The guy said it was sitting in his basement for a long time, he used to race it. My plan for a system in it is a CC SV2 and 4 pole 6900kv motor. And I run 5200mah 40c 2s batts in my other trucks, should make this thing scream.

Any other suggestions are appreciated, i think this little featherweight has a lot of potential. Thanks in advance

Nice finding! I have one that I just finished that looks pretty much the same...

Some 2S LiPos will fit the stock battery tray, I have seen them but I don't remember which ones now...

If you go with the nitro diffs, they are bigger and the belt will be tight, there's a mod to fix that, you need to modify the rear bulkheads...

Get the foam for the bumper, a body and that's it...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Champion
    X2, that is a nice find! I put one together in '99 when the car was still available as a kit (might have been the last year Traxxas sold kits), still have it with the nitro diffs and suspension....................just haven't driven it in a long time. I have been able to fit a Thunderpower 3s 3250mAh 45/90c pack in it as well as a Venom 5000mAh 20c 2s by cutting off the locator nub, drill it out and tap it for 3mm screws then you can move the holders further apart and put a 7 cell stick pack in them.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    Oh, that SV2 and 540 motor is a better choice than the VXL system I have in mine, the Velinion motors are too long to fit in the motor hole in the chassis, where that Castle motor won't have that issue.
    Aw, Biscuits!