RC Racer

Best lipo and battery charger to go with?

Hey guys, I'm switching over to lipo soon, and was wondering what your opinions were for lipo batter and charger?

How much money can you spend? For lipos, I would get any battery from SPC. For chargers, well, that would depend on the lipos you get and how much you can spend.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    I don't own any big lipos yet. All I have is the trail trekker, but you should get the HiTec Multicharger X1AC plus. Can charge up to 6 amps.

RC Qualifier
    Ive gone the cheap route so far not wanting to spend to much money on batteries. I figured they just wouldnt last very or the performance wouldnt be very good but im pretty happy with them. theyve taken some abuse and have held up very nicely. Just make sure to get rid of those banana connectors.
    Thats the charger i bought:
    http://www.nitrorcx.com/thunder-ac6-charger-power.html
    And the batteries ive bought:
    http://www.nitrorcx.com/77p-sl4000-2...-hardcase.html
    http://www.nitrorcx.com/77p-sl4400-3...-hardcase.html

RC Enthusiast
    I can't say anything about the HiTec Multicharger X1AC plus ShardRayzz recommended but +1 on the Thunder ac6 Charger, 40ish bucks and it charges nicd's, nimh's, and lipos up to 6s and can charge up to 5 amps and IMO is fairly simple to use.

RC Qualifier
    Hyperion and spc

you would be better off getting the spc pack over the sky lipo because its a better battery quality and better statistics for the price.

($30.95) SPC LiPo Power, (LiPo) Battery Pack; 5000mAh, 40C, 2S, 7.4V Hard-Case w/ trx connection

($25.06) SKY LIPO 4000mAh 40C 7.4V Hardcase Lipo battery pack w/ 4.0 banana connection

Don't get me wrong both packs are good and I run both, but the spc already comes with a trx connector 1000 more mah and has a better rep and customer service.

Not a big fan of the ac6 charger. I own a ac6 and the ac680 both take forever to balance charge and it seems like it never get is as close as my hyperion EOS0606I.
    Last edited by geeves; 08-27-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    My wife hates it but I love It.

RC Competitor
    The HiTech can do all of that stuff. But its $65. So it depends on your decision.

All I can add is, Buy a better charger if you can afforded it.
    I went through a couple of the inexpensive(ac-dc) (onyx,hitec,dynamite) chargers before spending a few more bucks($109.00) on a 20 amp dc unit.
    I can charge a 5500mah 2s from cut off voltage to a full balanced charge in fifteen or less minutes(if the lipo charge rate allows), One button lipo storage,internal resistant reading, up to 12s lipo, and all other battery configurations(NiMh,NiCd,Pb), and other nice features.
    As for lipos, yes spc...
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-27-2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: content
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Hyperion and spc
    +1

Found this new in box. You will need a power supply, but a great deal for a mid range charger:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyperion-EOS...848#vi-content

And the ac/dc version I own that is normally 130+ ship
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/hyperion-cha...61092402848%26

You asked for the best. This is not the best lol, but the best I have used and love it.
    Last edited by rag6; 08-28-2013 at 05:03 AM.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Enthusiast
    I personally like sMc. Had a SPC go out of balance on me.

What caused that? What charger do you use?
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Enthusiast
    Have no clue. I have the Onyx 245. I get 4.2 on one cell and the most I can get out of the other is 4.12.

RC Champion
    For advice, a bad charger can ruin any pack even the top end packs. But a good charger can make budget batteries suitable (within reason). If you want to save money in the long run, buy a good charger.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC poster
    Thunder AC60 is a good charger. I have a 2S right now. I get about 20-30 min when I'm bashing. Good luck!