RC poster

fried the stock titan t12

adjusted the slipper clutch because it would squeal on slight inclines and rough surface. took it for a test run. ran amazing, good starts and no whines. took it on a packed atv trail ran 20ft turned around and got stuck in a small trench reversed out and had no forward or reverse after. smelled like burning plastic. unplugged and turned things off. motor was warm not hot, battery was cold, and esc was cool. battery had good charge left and esc was responding to trigger and wheels. no response from motor. spun both wheels to see if motor was locked, spun but rough on pinion and spur. backed clutch off one more full turn( two full turns from tight). turned rc on, got the motor to spin 1/8 turn and saw spark inside motor through small breather hole. ill rip the motor out today and see if it turns without tension. if no response from motor ill invest in the side winder 3 brushless and esc combo from CC. also i read that titan motors cant be rebuilt.

RC Qualifier
    If your looking to go brushless now would be a good time if you got the cash, if not there are several brushed motors that can be bought cheap and a lot better reviews then the titan 12T
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Competitor
    I did not fry my Titan, but I did upgrade to the vxl. it's a whole new level of fun!. Traxxas has a trade up program where you can trade in your Titan to a VXL for $130.

RC Qualifier
    get the short course truck edition sidewinder!! much better than the regular sidewinder 3

RC poster
    i burnt out 2 of them since they arent waterproof, brushless is too expensive

fried the stock titan t12

Quote Originally Posted by rc_driving View Post
    i burnt out 2 of them since they arent waterproof, brushless is too expensive
    Brushed motors do fine in water but the brushes tend to wear faster.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by dontlift19 View Post
    get the short course truck edition sidewinder!! much better than the regular sidewinder 3
    Isnt that the mmp, not sidewinder???
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Qualifier
    No, the sidewinder 3 sct edition comes with the same esc as the sidewinder 3, just with a fan built onto it. The major difference between the sct edition and the regular one is that the sct edition comes with a 4 pole 1410 3800kv motor. The only downfall to this system is that it's not waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Isnt that the mmp, not sidewinder???
    Imo that is the way to go if money isn't a worry.
    I dont believe the sv3 can be purchased with the 3800, just the 4600 and 5700, possibly higher kv's.
    But again I would get the mamba max if you can, nothing wrong with the sidewinder, i still run them.
    They can be an issue when we drag race running 3s however, they tend to get warm rapidly in a slash.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    what is an ok temp for the sidewinder esc - i do see the sidewinder gets hotter quicker than the vxl-3s, even with the fan on it.
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rc_REV View Post
    what is an ok temp for the sidewinder esc - i do see the sidewinder gets hotter quicker than the vxl-3s, even with the fan on it.
    The heat syncs can approach 150 degrees witch is not dangerous but much hotter than many esc on the market. You can mount the motor fan on the esc with zip ties and drop the temp 10-20 degrees.
    My wife hates it but I love It.