RC Champion

Newbie ? about Traxxas EZ-Peak 6 Amp Charger 2933

Hello all!! Total newbie when it comes to electric RC's. I just bought a used EMAXX last night, 3903. It came with four batteries. Two, Traxxas Power Cell 8.4V 3000MAH and two, Venom Power 8.4V 4200MAH. My questions are:
    Can you charge more than one of these batteries at one time or does it only do one at a time? I do plan on going with two 2s Lipos one day but not really anytime soon.
    How long should I except these to charge for?
    What settings should be used on the charger?

Thank you for any help and sorry for all the questions. This is all Greek to me lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The charger itself is only capable of 1 pack at a time... but if you add:
    http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=9875
    it can charge twin 2S packs at once.

At a 1C charge rate it will take about an hour to charge them.
    mAh / 1,000 = 1C (amps to set the charger at)

Always balance charge your LiPo's!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    What is a charger I can use to charge two NiMH batteries at once? Is there one. Or would I just have to charge one at a time with the 2933 charger

There are such things, but they are not Traxxas chargers.

If you want to charge two NiMh at once you will need a dual port charger... there are quite a few chargers that have dual ports, but it seems that all but the pricey ones have some reliability issues; exploded packs and fires. And by pricey I mean $200+.

RC Champion
    Yeah that is a bit too pricey for me lol. The 2933 seems like it would be good enough for me and when I upgrade to lipo it will be good because I charge two at once. Can I ask another question.

When buying lipos what kind of mah and cell count should I buy? The higher the mah the longer the run time right.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The higher the mAh the longer run time. The higher the cell count the faster you will go... but keep in mind there are ESC and drive train limitations as to how much power your RC can handle.

SPC and Traxxas are the two brands I recommend...

RC Champion
    Awesome. Thank you so much for your help!!

RC Champion
    What kind of limitations can I except from the factory ESC on the brushed emaxx 3903? Will NiMH and LiPO cell ratings be that different or is a cell rating a cell rating?

RC Enthusiast
    It is possible to charge 2 or more lipos using 1 charger (parallel charging)but it is there is a lot to know and set plus u need a capable charger and power supply.
    My suggestion is read more abut lipos and chargers, save up and bay the right setup that will cater for your charging needs now and future. You don't what to keep upgrading your charger and power supply every time you get a new toy.

Happy Bashing

The set-up I have shown him is the simplest and cheapest available... and it is all backed by Traxxas. Now, if he wants to shell out $200-250 he can get the last charge set-up he will ever need... but as he has already stated those figures are steeper than he wants to go.

The EVX2 is limited to twin 2S LiPo's (2 cell voltage) or twin 7 cell NiMh. Some have chosen to push the limits and with some electronic trickery run one 3S and one 2S for 5S overall voltage, but I don't recommend it.

RC Champion
    Well I just purchased the charger stated above in the title with the dual 2s LiPO battery chargering cable. Ordered from Tower and should be here around the start of next week. Cannot wait to start using some LiPO's....After I get them ordered lol.