Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looking forward to the fresh pics dude and keep up the awesome work..........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Lots of progress on the P4DE lately.

Just today i put on my new Dusty Motors Shroud. So far im diggin it. Love the zipper function. Because I purchased them directly from Dusty Motors I had to pay in Pounds. Total cost for both shrouds included taxes and shipping came to 47.97 EUR which converted to -$70.45 CAD at the time of purchase. Shipping was 3.99 which as under $6 Canadian. So compared to A Main Hobbies And purchasing two Outerwear's shrouds for the same two trucks total with shipping is $64.57. so for $5 Extra I got the one I wanted with the zippers. This was the only reason I didnt go with the Outerwears shroud. Having the zipper for easy pack changes ETC was a HUGE selling feature to me.. Shipping took 11 days. Compared to amain's shipping to canada it was like an extra 3 days. So really not bad at all.

Also i installed a new KingHeadz Motor Mount W/ Telemetry. Absolutley love this thing so far!. Love how you no longer have a lock nut in the mount anymore. Instead it threads directly into the mount.

Here it is compared to the stock mount.

]

I also installed a new STRC Aluminum Steering Bellcrank. This thing really did clean up a lot of the slop in the steering. Very happy with it so far!.

The installation of the shroud was quite easy. They give you a bit extra velcro. Just have to cut and taper it a bit on the front and rear ends of the chassis. Velcro it on and its a done deal. Took maybe 5 mins to install.

I also ordered up 20 5mm White LED's as well as 20 5mm and 20 3mm LED light retainers. Only cost me like $5 for all of it but it took a month and a half to get here...

I used the led;'s to wire up 4 leds into my lightbar which were damaged. I also wired them all up to the spare channel on my 4 channel TQI. the lightbar is wired in so that i can flip the switch on my tx and turn the lights off and on The LEDS came prewired with resistors already soldered in-line. I also used them for the RPM light cannister on my Slash 4x4 MT. Just had to drill them out for 5mm LEDS.

Lots more to come.

RC Qualifier
    Also i made a cheap little BackFlip Jump. My boy absolutely loves it. Cost about $20 to make.

Heres a pic of it.

You can click here to jump over to my other build where i posted directions on how to build it.

Heres a video of it in action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a7Emsu5o5Q

Dude sick ramp and awesome truck Keep on with the good work bro......peace

RC Qualifier
    I too upgraded to the STRC bellcrank and stripped gears in the stock servo twice. First time I had it too tight, my bad. The second time too much friction on the ramps from a build up of dirt. I was recommended to round the edges of the ramps with some sandpaper then make as smooth as possible and keep the ramps lightly greased. Ever since then no problem, with routine maintenance. (EDIT: and a metal gear servo) IMO the anodized surfaces have to much friction to slide smoothly, but still a great upgrade.

By the way, your ramp looks like a parts breaker to me. LOL
    Last edited by Hirschowl; 12-05-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Qualifier
    Lol yea I don't usually land on flat surfaces too much. A lot better when u land on a down hill

Only thing that was damaged was the jconcepts raptor body. Not very impressed with it..
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 12-05-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Stick with Proline dude their body shells are awesome..........peace

RC poster
    Hey T4, why did you go with the Bulldog Rustler body instead of the Pede? Any major differences?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by convicted21 View Post
    Hey T4, why did you go with the Bulldog Rustler body instead of the Pede? Any major differences?
    I'm not sure if there's too much of a difference between the Rustler and Stampede Rustler Bodies, It looks lower profile to me, more stream line. Just personal preference I think. They both look pretty good.

Compare for yourself.

Rustler Bulldog 3391-00

Stampede Bulldog 3390-00

RC Qualifier
    Been a little while since I updated this thread. Well after my Son smashed my old RPM Wide front bumper into pieces. I found out that RPM's warranty is not all that great. For a $10 bumper it was easier to just go by new one then pay to ship it back to them.
    So I purchased a T-Bone Racing Basher Bumper. I like the idea that you only buy it once. If it fails they take care of everything. Even the shipping. So I am told anyway.

When I opened up the package and pulled out the bumper, I was surprised to see hand engraved serial numbers etc, They even feel hand made. Looks and feels like a quality made product.

Love the look of it from the front. Offers A lot more protection then the other bumpers on the market

I also added velcro straps. The ones I bought are made by Hot Racing. Cost like $5. I used my dremmel to cut 4 little slots in the battery tray, for the straps to pass through. Not perfect but it works really well.

Works great for 4S when Im running 2 2S batteries

RC Qualifier
    T-Bone Bumpers are the best there is for bashing period. I've hit some stuff pretty hard head on and just bounced right off it. If mine ever breaks and for some reason it wouldn't be warrantied, I would still purchace another.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

Now that makes me think I should just get one when my rpm shatters.....peace

RC Qualifier
    Yea i can already say that it has saved me. Next will be the T-Bone Rear Bumper and T-Bar set. It looks amazing. Solid wheels... can wheelie for days LOL Im soooo sick of the stock one, and the zap strap to keep it from popping apart. I hate the adjustable part... It already broke once. And rather then buy another Traxxas one I was able to pillage the peices off of my other broken Traxxas wheelie bar. Except it was off the 2wd Diggerp2de. Now I have a multi-colored monstrosity on the back of my truck... Grave digger green and black LOL..
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 02-04-2014 at 03:49 PM.

I have smashed mine so many times I did have the aluminium wheelie bars wheels but the bearings kept blowing....peace

RC Qualifier
    Lol well it would appear I am hard on my bumpers.... oh man not again. ..

Wow dude that didn't last long how did it happen???....peace

RC Qualifier

Castle 2400kv (1415) vs Losi 2800kv (LOSB9444)

Hello again!,

Well lastnight I was working away on my new setup, and I thought to myself. I should open up these two motors I have and compare the internals. Something I should have done a long time ago. Recently seen people talking about the differences between these two motors. Externally they are nearly IDENTICAL. Only the colors, ribs in the can, and exposed bearing in the Losi version. However after talking with Castle they confirmed that they do indeed manufacture this motor exclusively for Losi. However they would not outline the differences between it and their 1415. Other then to say that it is a 'variation' of the 1415. They directed any further questions to Losi. Who knows less about it then Castle did LOL.

I made a short 4 minute video of the entire process, showing a close up of the internals, and rotors of both motors. If you are interested you can check that out HERE

I have heard on other threads that the differences between these motors is strictly the rotors. Someone jump in here if I am mistaken. After taking them apart and comparing them. That is the only difference I can see between the two. From what I am told The Losi motor has a lot less EMF (Electro-Magnetic Field) strength compared to the Castle 1415 motor. The 1415 rotor magnets are MUCH larger then the Losi's. So this makes sense. The Losi's weaker EMF strength results in a higher KV.

Here are some pictures for everyone to finally put this one to bed.

First is the Castle 1415 Rotor.

Next is the Losi 2800kv Rotor.

I don't have a set of calipers to get an accurate measurement of the magnet size, but the 1415's are MUCH larger.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Wow dude that didn't last long how did it happen???....peace
    LOL yea I Know!!! I did an ENDO off of a speed bump, it was a real bad landing, kind of folded the bumper right under the truck. Send a single email to TBone, and a replacement is in the mail!

Awesome job on the comparison of the two motors dude and t bones customer service sounds epic.....peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Awesome job on the comparison of the two motors dude and t bones customer service sounds epic.....peace
    Thanks man.. And I would agree. T-Bone's CS is top shelf. Very happy that I went that route and didn't just buy another RPM. Just make sure to order it directly from T-Bone, and not a retailer. This way if you do have any issues you can deal directly with T-Bone.