Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Truggy Build T4KT1KZ

So after months of upgrades and countless dollar bills spent i decided to post my stampede/truggy build.. I'm only about half way there

I bought her brand new stock #6708 I've seen a few other people's build threads and I thought i would start my own. So Here is a list of most of the upgrades that I have done so far (At least all the ones that I can remember) along with the part numbers. I can't afford to just drop all that cash at once so I have been picking away at it... man is this ever an expensive hobby lol...

Dyed stock chassis (black) *Rit Dye there is also a thread showing How To Dye Your Chassis.
    Wide RPM Front Bumper #81162 (This is a MUST have)
    Traxxas Aluminum Big Bore Shocks 60wt 2 hole rear 3 hole front w/ super stiff springs..i
    Traxxas Sway Bar Kit
    Venom Low Voltage Alarm
    Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro SCT Combo ESC/1415 Motor: 2400Kv geared 19/52
    Castle Link Quick Connect & Field Programming Card
    Tekno M6 Driveshafts and Hub Carriers rear 6mm
    TQI 4 Channel Tx/Rx With Docking Base *From Summit
    Full Telemetry (Voltage/Speed/Temperature/RPM/Power Tap & Spur Magnet) *From Traxxas Stampede Accessories Page. #6520,6521,6541,6538
    Traxxas L.E.D Light Bar
    Robinson Racing Products 19T 32P Pinion #1719
    Traxxas 52T Spur Gear #6843
    Proline Bulldog Body (3391) *Used the rustler body instead of the Stampede #3390
    RPM Adjustable Body Mounts for the rear #73932
    Dubro Racing Body Klip Retainers #2245

I had to modify my body mounts several ways and even customize the adjustable RPM mount to get it line up properly. Total OCD like that i'm sure there is lots im forgetting Here some of the pics of how shes looking at the moment I Decided to go with the Rustler Bulldog body instead of the stampede one simply because it is a lower profile and i think they look very different .

I don't really know what hardware i need to mount up the Pro-Line High Downforce Wing I want. Its 1/8th size so im not even sure it will fit.. or if it will look funny... Does anyone know if the pro-line revo mounts will work on the stampede? Or does anyone have any suggestion as to a rear wing and mount??

Lots more to come.. =D Feel free to give me input. I'm always looking for new ideas, or a better way to do things..

Thanks for Looking..

Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 08-26-2013 at 05:48 AM.

RC Champion
    i used the Traxxas aluminum shock towers and drilled holes in it to mount the wing mount to. I would reccomend the Losi 8ight wing mount but with a Ten T wing. An 1/8 scale wing will be too big for your 1/10 scale truggy.

This is my backsl4sh with 8ight wing mount and wing

This is my P4de truggy with Ten T wing and mount. I would not use the Ten T wing mount. I need to change it to the 8ight wing mount.

Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

Guys the truggy look is sick and am looking forward to see how they progress keep us posted dudes.........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    i used the Traxxas aluminum shock towers and drilled holes in it to mount the wing mount to. I would reccomend the Losi 8ight wing mount but with a Ten T wing. An 1/8 scale wing will be too big for your 1/10 scale truggy.

This is my backsl4sh with 8ight wing mount and wing

This is my P4de truggy with Ten T wing and mount. I would not use the Ten T wing mount. I need to change it to the 8ight wing mount.

just wondering why you don't like the 10 T mount??? they both look awesome I think the ten t looks cooler is the 8Ight really that much better? also what wheelie bar is that on your P4de it looks sic
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 08-28-2013 at 01:01 AM.

RC Qualifier
    well finally got the permission from the old ball an chain to spend some of my hard earned money lol. SO i put in an order lastnight. Pretty stoked for it all to show up. The list of new parts ordered are as follows.

I might have messed up with the wheel and rim combo i ordered.. Please advise.. lol

Tekno RC M6 Front CV DriveShaft Kit TKR6851X(I already have the rears broke my first front stock shaft last week.. done deal
    Tekno Big Bone Center Driveshaft and Outdrives
    17mm Hub Adapters for M6 Driveshafts (for Slash/Stmpd 44, 2WD, 2pcs)
    Proline Trencher's 1170-00 2.8" (Been wanting these FOREVER so sick of the stock talons.)
    RPM Revolver 3.2" Monster Wheel 17mm,StableMaxx (Going to be alot of work but it will be worth it. ) OOOPS i ordered the .6" offeset revolvers :S someone please tell me they will work....
    Traxxas - Ultra Premium Tire Glue XO-1 (#6468) (Im not messin around)
    4 Shall Not Be Named 5600mah 2S2P 50~100C Hardcase Lipo Pack (ROAR APPROVED)

Im a little concerned that i may have ordered the wrong rim and tire combo. Will the offset rims work? and are these the correct tires? I know i need to cut them to fit.. just hope these are the right ones.

So I need to order the wing mount, shock towers, and wing itself... any part numbers etc would be greatly appreciated.

Rock On

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by T4KT1KZ View Post
    well finally got the permission from the old ball an chain to spend some of my hard earned money lol. SO i put in an order lastnight. Pretty stoked for it all to show up. The list of new parts ordered are as follows.

I might have messed up with the wheel and rim combo i ordered.. Please advise.. lol

Tekno RC M6 Front CV DriveShaft Kit TKR6851X(I already have the rears broke my first front stock shaft last week.. done deal
    Tekno Big Bone Center Driveshaft and Outdrives
    17mm Hub Adapters for M6 Driveshafts (for Slash/Stmpd 44, 2WD, 2pcs)
    Proline Trencher's 1170-00 2.8" (Been wanting these FOREVER so sick of the stock talons.)
    RPM Revolver 3.2" Monster Wheel 17mm,StableMaxx (Going to be alot of work but it will be worth it. ) OOOPS i ordered the .6" offeset revolvers :S someone please tell me they will work....
    Traxxas - Ultra Premium Tire Glue XO-1 (#6468) (Im not messin around)
    4 Shall Not Be Named 5600mah 2S2P 50~100C Hardcase Lipo Pack (ROAR APPROVED)

Im a little concerned that i may have ordered the wrong rim and tire combo. Will the offset rims work? and are these the correct tires? I know i need to cut them to fit.. just hope these are the right ones.

So I need to order the wing mount, shock towers, and wing itself... any part numbers etc would be greatly appreciated.

Rock On
    You ordered the right rim and tires for your Pede and I am current running what you ordered. There are tow ways to do mount your tires on these rims.

1. Trim the revolver stablemax rims and tires then glue them.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-Rpm-Revolvers

2. Trim ONLY the foams and tires then glue them.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...in-Tomato-quot

I chose method #2 to me is a lot better to keep that piece of the rim.

Last edited by jtalaue; 08-28-2013 at 02:14 PM.

RC Racer
    I concur with Jt, do not trim the wheel. It's way too much hassle and reduces the structural integrity of the wheel. I keep the wheels as they were, wiped them down with alcohol, trimmed the tires and mounted them up. Note - I did not trim the foam. I simply pulled both the tire and foam back, and worked my way around the wheel, gluing the tire as I went. Make sure you get glue on the back/underside of the lip of tire. I need to post a picture of this... I have an extra set of Revolvers and Trenchers, I may do a cross section of it so people can see the glue points..

Anyway, your parts selection is top notch, cannot wait to see it!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by warfighter View Post
    I concur with Jt, do not trim the wheel. It's way too much hassle and reduces the structural integrity of the wheel. I keep the wheels as they were, wiped them down with alcohol, trimmed the tires and mounted them up. Note - I did not trim the foam. I simply pulled both the tire and foam back, and worked my way around the wheel, gluing the tire as I went. Make sure you get glue on the back/underside of the lip of tire. I need to post a picture of this... I have an extra set of Revolvers and Trenchers, I may do a cross section of it so people can see the glue points..

Anyway, your parts selection is top notch, cannot wait to see it!
    I will be buying a new set of rims and tires. I have the trenchers and mashers but want a different look which I don't know yet.

Well the mashers are on the list for my birthday and my mother in law said she will get me a new body shell so I am gunning for the proline bull dog and try out the truggy look myself........peace

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the info guys.. all i need to do is order the wing mount, wing, and shock towers... just waiting for advise before i pull the trigger here... My goal is to have as much black on my truck as possible....

Here is what I have come up with.

*NEW LOSI 8IGHT RACE 2.0 BUGGY WING MOUN
    **0805 LOSI 8IGHT-T 2.0 RACE TRUGGY NEW WING

im just not sure if these shock towers will work..?

Team STRC Racing Aluminum Heavy Duty Slash 4wd Front and Rear Shock Towers GM

Dude those front and rear shock towers look sick and very well made and I hear good stuff about STRC dude and they will fit just fine........peace

RC Champion
    I guess I will post these pics again of my bent 6061 t6 strc shock towers. I would steer clear of these since their are 7075 t6 shock towers on the market. I have never seen one complaint about the Traxxas aluminum towers. Another thing to consider is that the Traxxas aluminum towers offer more meet for drilling and mounting a wing mount.

RC Qualifier
    That makes alot of sense glad I didnt jump the gun and order them. Still trying to sort out the wing... came up with a 6.5" proline one for 1/10th scale... PL also makes a 7" wing for 1/10 http://prolineracing.com/performance...gy-clear-wing/

RC Qualifier
    Ok well the final order went in tonight.... Thank you everyone for all the info and help... So the last of the parts i ordered tonight were..

Traxxas Aluminum Rear Shock Tower, Blue: SLH 4x4 TRA6838X
    Traxxas Aluminum Front Shock Tower, Blue: SLH 4x4 TRA6839X (going to have to De-Anodize them ugggh..
    LOSA4435 Team Losi Wing Mount Set: 8B, 8T
    LOSB8154 Losi Rear Wing and Hardware: 10-T (New in Package)

And i also ordered two shall not be named reciever controlled switches to control my lights etc via my 4ch tqi.. :P

Now the waiting game begins... first packages will start showing up in about a week... total of 4 different packages comming lol.. sucks when its all split up like that.. oh well

More pics to come@

RC Champion
    good deal man. looking forward to progress!

RC Qualifier
    Me too!.. Thanks again for all your help. Just so im clear the 8ight mount and 10-t wing will mount up no problems?

I also purchased 4 new 2S lipo's today.. changed my mind last min..ended up going with the shall not be named
    2 5600mah 2S2P 50~100C Hardcase Lipo Pack (ROAR APPROVED) &
    2 5300mah 2S2P 50~100C Hardcase Lipo Pack

Now i just gotta come up with the wiring to connect them in series to make a 4S.. :S

Dude I did not know the shock towers were junk because most of there stuff is real good.i will stick with stock because they have not let me down yet.........peace

RC Qualifier
    So I thought I would post an update to the build... The first of 5 packages showed up on Friday...Crazy how fast it adds up..

so I was busy lastnight cutting tires and foams, sanding rims, and gluing them up.. Long story short here they are..

Really sucks that I wasn't able to get all the parts I wanted from a single retailer. My new rims and tires are sitting here mounted up ready to go and I cant use them because I had to order the 17mm tekno hub adapters and the tekno bigbone center driveshaft from a different retailer...

To be Continued..

RC Qualifier
    Looks good. That's my next project

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    You ordered the right rim and tires for your Pede and I am current running what you ordered. There are tow ways to do mount your tires on these rims.

1. Trim the revolver stablemax rims and tires then glue them.

2. Trim ONLY the foams and tires then glue them.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...in-Tomato-quot

I chose method #2 to me is a lot better to keep that piece of the rim.

Thanks for linking the video of the method I used! In response to your concern about the edge of the rim being ground off in this common and popular method. I can say now with months of torture testing, hard landings etc that this method has held up great. No cracks splitting nothing. Also even with my 5s 2200kv powered megapede, there has been no tire shredding or blow outs. I attribute this to the fact the bead seat area where they are glued is roughed up from grinding the edge off the rim. So now the tires really grip the rim no pop outs! On my youtube channel you can see the hard bashing and the crazy air this pede has endured with no ill efects on rims. I am sure both are good methods I just like that mine has more sidewall and the tire is not stretched as much.
    My Channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/FordTechMakuloco

Dude you have done a awesome job on your wheels bro .......peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Dude you have done a awesome job on your wheels bro .......peace
    Thanks

It really does take a lot of work. I had my 7 year old in there helping me sand rims lol. Its torture waiting for the rest of my parts to show up :what:

I cant wait to get my son helping me but he's only 21 months old but is taking an interest already which is awesome.I will be watching this build and cant wait to see more hop ups going on the truggy......peace

RC Qualifier
    So I have had a lot of progress on my P4DE in the last week.. The conversion to a truggy is nearing completion

I have been waiting for almost 3 weeks and today my 17mm tekno hubs arrived.. So the new Trenceers got mounted up just finishing up the final touches and i will be posting the build pics and such.. anyway heres where im at..

So I have swaped my MMP SCT ESC over to my new Hobbywing WP-SC8 ESC and paired it up with my Castle 1415 2400kv motor.

I wired up my own series y adapter. Identical as the ones Traxxas makes for the 1/16th merv except I made it out of 12guage wire instead of the 16guage adapter they sell.. here it is connected to my lipo's wiring..

SO anyways moving on...

my 4 new 2 cell lipos arrived and I have to say I am VERY impressed with them...This truck on 4S is wow!!!!.. One of those things you need to experience for yourself LOL...Not sure if I am allowed to post pictures of batteries but they are awesome.

The HobbyWing WP-SC8 ESC is BOSS!! I have only had the opportunity to use it twice... once on 4S and once on 3S and I have to say this thing feels, looks, runs, and programs like a much higher priced ESC. For $60 Including shipping and everything. Arrived at my door in 8 days after ordering... WOW..This thing can't be touched for price/performance... Just have to see how durable it is and how long it holds up *fingers crossed* But i'm certain it will be much better than stock .

so heres pictures off all the parts that were ordered and installed on this upgrade. Total cost For everything is just under $600 dollars including all the conectors and a new soldering iron, wire for the adapter etc... :S (The wife made me add it aLL up) *gulp*

So its basically all together now. I have the wing mounted up, shock towers drilled and de-anodized, tires are mounted up and installed as my hubs arrived today. Tekno BigBone drive shaft went in today as well, with the revo aluminum clutch plates. Also New RPM A-Arms went on front and rear. Kind of an after thought but a cheap and worthy upgrade. Also had to purchase a new bearing adapter , as something crazy happened with my old aluminum one the other day. Ill post pics of it later. I also purchased the traxxas battery extension, its able to hold both my 2S 5600 HARD packs very happy i was able to make this work out.. kinda had me worried for a bit. anyway i will take lots of pics of it soon and hopefully some running vids aswell (Tryin to teach my 7 y/o to be my camera man) haha we'll see... He would much rather drive his own truck then film mine...so there in lies the problem ...

Much more to come...
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 09-16-2013 at 04:51 PM.

I am a massive hobbywing esc fanboy mines run like a dream for 14 months now......peace

RC Qualifier

2.8" Proline Trenchers on 3.2" RPM Revolvers

Ok so here we go...

This upgrade first started off with the tires and foams. This was the first package recieved, yet the last to go on the truck as my hubs were delayed.... I followed the 2nd method posted above to mount up my tires. I did NOT trim the outside of the rim itself. Instead opted to trim only the tires and the foams..I will try to make this detailed as possible..

Step 1: turn the tires inside out and clean with alcohol

Step 2: Cut the beads off the tires 2 on each tire (just follow the line and use the sharpest pair of scissors you can find... Some say use lexan scisssors but they are too small and would make a choppier job IMO i used the ones above and found they worked great..

Step 3: Gorilla Tape! (This will stop the dreaded ballooning and loss of stability at high speeds)

I Marked the center of the tire and the center of the tape to make it easy to keep it all straight. After applying the tape i then marked the edges of where it started so when it overlapped i knew exactlywhere to cut it. All 4 tires have the exact same amount of tape on them, I did 2 complete wraps of gorilla tape. Applied directly to the center of each tire. They do NOT balloon at all. I have found that my tires are very well balanced with literally NO vibration compared to the old talons.

Step 4: Sand The Rims. I went a little over board on a couple. You only really need to sand inside the lip on either edge where the tire contacts the rim.

Step 5: Trim the Foams. Cut either edge, turn it inside out and repeat.

now just place the foams on the rims and insert them into the tires, work them around a bit and you end up with

because of the picture limit I will continue below...
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 09-17-2013 at 04:16 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Continued from above...

Basically you end up with

Now just work around the edge with your favorite CA glue and your done..

I used rubber bands to hold them in place, howerver i wouldnt do it again as it forced air out of the tires and then they sealed.. leaving them all wrinkled.

I was forced to drill a small 1/16" hole in each rim to relieve the pressure and allow them to return to their regular shape and size as there are no holes in the RPM rims..

Moving on to the wing, mount and shock towers...
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 09-17-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Dude sweet write up on the tires and wheels and its nice to see it all take shape......peace

RC Qualifier
    So the wing, mount and shock towers were a fairly easy install. The first thing i did was De-Anodize all the traxxas blue. Not a fan.. Got to be really careful when you do this as it literally only takes a minute to work its magic. I have read stories where people have left their parts soaking in the Easy Off and it basically dissolved their parts. Another thing I noticed is that the parts in the traxxas shock towers are NOT ALL 7075 aluminum. The towers themselves are, howerver the standoffs and the body mount hardware are not. Atleast when I deanodized them the metals reacted differently to the cleaner....the towers themselves will start to turn black in a matter of a minute if left to soak in the cleaner.. where all the other parts and hardware would not change color no matter how long they were left?... Im not really sure as to why but i thought i would mention it. DO NOT LEAVE THEM UNATTENDED TO SOAK.. Spray with cleaner.. let stand 20-30 seconds, scrub with a plastic brush, rinse, and repeat until all the anodizing all comes off.. I focused on the towers themselves, then the hardware.. I wasnt able to take to many pictures of this process as you have to wear gloves, and it stinks to high heaven so you will want to work outside or well ventilated. At first i placed all the parts in a bag and sprayed them with the cleaner.. let soak scrub, rinse, repeat..But i ended up just using a pot and the garden hose outside to rise with.. as it takes a few attempts to get it all off..

I used the cheap $2 walmart brand with no problems at all..

After its all said and done you end up with..

I then laid out where i wanted to drill my wing mount. I personally put it up as high as i could.

I actually didnt use the bottom line instead offset it up from the top line. So basically the top line in the above pic ended up being the bottom two holes of the wing mount. So get yourself a good metal drill bit for the size of hardware you are going to use. I drilled 1/16" holes.
    The mount itself is plastic (similar to rpm plastic in look and feel) so it is a little forgiving.

Here it is installed..

more to come..
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 09-17-2013 at 05:47 PM.

RC Qualifier
    :Well here she is ;D

RC Qualifier
    On second thought..... I should have just bought a Revo... it would have been cheaper LOL but then again not nearly as awesome as the P4DE...

Got a good once around video im going to put up so you can get a good look at the whole truck, tires and body off... then tires and basher body on. then the easy swap over of the body mount, put on the wing mount and wing on, and its a super easy transformation to a truggy... with 6 bolts..takes literally 1 minute to go from backflips at the skatepark

To speed runs on ashphalt

More upgrades planned are
    Losi Shocks
    Traxxas Telemetry Expander Module
    Traxxas GPS Module
    XO-1 Aluminum Steering Blocks, C-Hubs, and Rear Carriers They have a 6mm Axle so the will work with the Tekno M6

The Never ending upgrade continues...

Dude you truggy is awesome and looks very bulletproof and if you would have bought a revo it would have cost a lot more to get it as tough as your pede/truggy...........peace..ps I want to see a vid of it in action

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Dude you truggy is awesome and looks very bulletproof and if you would have bought a revo it would have cost a lot more to get it as tough as your pede/truggy...........peace..ps I want to see a vid of it in action

Thanks man.. I been tryin to find a camera man... Somehow the wife isnt interested in filming for some reason.....hahahha

Tryed to come up with a way to strap my digital camera to my hard hat from work... but then i thought i would look crazy out there tryin to film so i gave up on it hahahha

need to pick up a goPro.. but they so darn expensive

Just say to the wife if you help me make a sweet rc vid you will buy her shoes or a fancy meal out if not buy a go pro broBut your rig is sick dude keep up the awesome work.......peace

RC Racer
    T4 this thing is a beast! I agree on the GoPro... I'd love to get one, but it is almost as much as my truck! I had a friend pickup two of them for $50 each at an REI returns sale. Lucky...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by warfighter View Post
    T4 this thing is a beast! I agree on the GoPro... I'd love to get one, but it is almost as much as my truck! I had a friend pickup two of them for $50 each at an REI returns sale. Lucky...
    Thanks! Got some more work going to start up soon on this and a sl4sh MT build I have started. Picked her up for a steal considering I have a p2de & a p4de it was the next logical step lol. I'm thinking the Sl4sh is going to be a bit of a transformer will be geting the lcg for it.. rally, slash,or MT depending on my mood. Lol
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 10-03-2013 at 04:27 PM.

RC Qualifier

Custom SC8 ESC Mount For Castle 1415 Motors.. Part 1

Recently i was going over some pictures and i realized that i never posted this. Better late then never i guess HAHAH

So when i first got my Castle 1415 2400kv motor the first problem you are faced with when trying to install it into your p4de is the shear length of it. At almost 70mm long its is massive compared to the old VXL.

What most people end up doing is cutting off the standoffs and using industrial velcro, or double sided tape to secure the speed control. After having a couple bad crashes and almost ejecting it I decided that this wasn't good enough and set out on a mission to come up with a way to actually screw it down to the chassis.

You would think after cutting everything off the chassis you would be able to just attach it to the chassis. That is not the case. The tight layout of the chassis doesn't allow the additional size of the ESC to fit that way.. Not with such a long motor. So I came up with the idea to build up a base out of Lucite™

I called several Glass shops trying to source it.. It is Plexi-Glass after all... They tried to charge me a fortune for it. As I wanted a 3/4" thick piece or better.. Nope. Not happening. So off i go.. back to square one.

Then it Hit Me...Right there in the parking lot leaving the glass shop...

A Card Holder.. As I collected many different sporting cards as a child I remembered that they sell plexi-glass (lucite) card holders to protect them....

TO THE SPORTING CAR STORE!! .. And Lone Behold.. They had a single 1" thick Lucite*™ card holder..

It is actually two pieces. A " thick piece screwed to a " thick piece. It is PERFECT for what I needed. I was so happy when I found it the shop keep must have thought I was Nuts! hahah probably not far off..

Moving along..

So I measure the space left over after the castle 1415 motor is installed and that determines how large I
    make the mount. I used clamps and a Jig-Saw with an 18T Metal blade to cut off a corner of the " thick piece of Lucite™. I used a square and transferred my measurements to the other side of the Plexi-Glass to help and keep my cuts straight. A table saw would have been most preferable.

The cut is rough at this point so I clean it up a bit more by using the sanding attachment and my dremmel. When I get the cut marks sanded out and I have as flat and straight of an edge as I can get by eye with the dremmel. I lay 240 grit sandpaper down on a flat surface and keeping the piece square as I can, I sand the piece surprisingly flat.. Afterwards I used a buffing wheel in my dremmel with the included polishing compound and it came out like this...

Wait a minute... Hold on... Back it up...

So first off I had to Drill holes in it.. There was already one hole that was of the way drilled through and it was already tapped for a coarse threaded screw. I decided to use the included screws that came with the Card Holder as they shouldn't rust and are just what I needed.. Lucky..

So I drilled the existing hole right through and I then drilled a new hole kitty corner to the first. I tapped both again to match the existing thread. I used a 10-24 NC Tap after using a #25 Bit.

After running the tap through a few times on each hole and making sure all debris is blown out with compressed air. I set the newly made mount into its new home. One thing I failed to mention is that when you are sanding it you need to bevel one edge. as it sits up against the servo.

Once you get it where you want it you mark out where to drill the holes through the chassis. This is the final step. You can always sand down the lucite if you mess up.. it is fairly forgiving.. I sharpened a pencil so that it was like a 2" long needle like lead at the end. I stuck it right in the tapped hole and spun it around, it marked out where i needed to drill perfectly....Here it is Installed..

As per Picture Limit I will Continue Below..
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 11-06-2013 at 02:28 AM.

RC Qualifier

Custom SC8 ESC Mount For Castle 1415 Motors.. Part 2

I drilled the holes from the top of the chassis down with a smaller pilot at first. I then drilled out the holes just slightly bigger then the screws I was using.

I don't have a counter sink bit so from the bottom I used a very large drill bit and counter sunk the screws. Going very slowly to only take off as much as I needed.. If you do it this way be very careful as it is very easy to drill right through....

So one problem out of the way... The ESC mount is securely fastened....

So if you look at the bottom of the Hobbywing WPSC8 there are two screw holes to mount the included esc plate. I used this included plate to lay out where to drill the next set of holes in the Lucite™.

I dont plan to use the Mounting plate i just used it as a template for drilling. You will notice that the holes are not centered on the ESC.... Pay attention to this or you will end up with it mounted backwards..

Once i had the holes marked out i removed the ESC plate and drilled them out... I then countersunk the screws on the bottom of the lucite so they sit flat on the chassis. These screws now screw right into the ESC with 3x18mm hardened steel screws and the whole mount is screwed through the chassis..

So what i have done here is screw the esc to the mount and the mount right to the chassis

She aint going nowhere now...

Here it is all installed..

I hope this helps someone out there...

Lots more planned for this truck so stay tuned..
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 11-06-2013 at 02:56 AM.

That is a sick mod dude I have screwed my hobbywing pro sct esc to the chassis because it kept coming unstuck and since I done it the mod has been bullet proof so far......peace

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Spennie I did a similar one for the slash as well only out of " Lucite. Works reallly well. I ended up making 5 of them. Took me a few hours. Maybe I will put them up on Ebay ahhaa Im sure someone will want them sometime....

On my P4DE mount I went so far as to hollow out a channel on the bottom of it to route my motor wires underneath the ESC. Makes a very clean look...

more pics to come.. Once shes all together..