Thread: Blast won't run

RC poster

Blast won't run

I decided to take my Traxxas Blast out of storage, where it has been for the past few months, and give it a good run. I charged up both batteries and tried to plug them in. For both of them, the steering works, but the boat will not run. The receiver light is red when I plug the battery in but it turns green when I apply the throttle, however the propeller does not move.

Any idea what’s wrong? I am guessing it is the battery, which has failed due to extended disuse.

I'd check the easiest thing first: the drive line. Can you spin your propeller by hand (without a battery installed, of course)?

If you can, I'd say that it's probably the batteries. Most batteries do not take well to being stored for extended periods of time.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    Yes, I can easily turn the prop with my fingers.

Okay, try one more thing: While making sure to steer clear of the propeller, connect one of your battery packs directly to the motor.

There's obviously enough juice to power the electronics. I'd guess that the two most likely issues are either the batteries or the motor. It could also be your ESC, but that seems less likely given what you have told me.

Do you have access to a known working battery pack (e.g. through a friend, a friendly local hobby shop, etc.)?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-12-2013 at 04:03 PM.

RC poster
    I went out today and bought and charged up a new battery. I am still getting the same problem - it won't run, and every time I hit the throttle, the light goes from red to green and nothing happens.

So you think it might be the ESC? How can I know for sure? I don't wanna buy a new ESC and end up still having a machine that doesn't work.

RC Qualifier
    Could be your receiver.... Unplug your esc and plug the servo in where the esc usually is(and vice versa). And now hit the throttle. If your servo works then its not your receiver(probably the esc). If the esc works in plug 1 and if the servo in plug 2 doesnt work its your receiver. Its a good way to check the before you buy the esc.

Did you try connecting a battery directly to the motor like I suggested above? If not, do that before you do anything else.

I doubt that it's the receiver if the ESC is lighting up when he gives it some throttle input.