RC Racer

Tekin RX8 Gen2 & PRO4 4600kv going in!

I just received my new combo in the mail. Does anyone have a good idea on gearing? Also looking for any pictuers of this set up in a LCG stock Slash. I know this is going to be a little much for the Slash but, I know it's fast. I have the same set up in my SCTE for the track.

Also useing Tekno axels and kingheadz motor mount. Changed the servo to a specktrum 6040.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-24-2013 at 09:52 AM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    No idea, but sounds nice, esp a 4600kv!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rvrslt1 View Post
    I just received my new combo in the mail. Does anyone have a good idea on gearing? Also looking for any pictuers of this set up in a LCG stock Slash. I know this is going to be a little much for the Slash but, I know it's fast. I have the same set up in my SCTE for the track.
    Hoping you could give me some advice? I have a Slash Ultimate HCG w/ Proline Powerstrokes and Tekno Driveshaft and still have the stock Velineon system in it. Was thinking of putting a Castle or Tekin motor in it as I have recently started entering races. Ive done fairly well with the stock system but come to realize that I may need a little more to be competative. I've also been looking into getting a Ten scte rtr. to be used for racing only. Would this be a more competative setup or would it too be in need of upgrading? I'm very happy with the slash but seem to be the only guy there at the track who is racing one? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjoblue View Post
    Hoping you could give me some advice? I have a Slash Ultimate HCG w/ Proline Powerstrokes and Tekno Driveshaft and still have the stock Velineon system in it. Was thinking of putting a Castle or Tekin motor in it as I have recently started entering races. Ive done fairly well with the stock system but come to realize that I may need a little more to be competative. I've also been looking into getting a Ten scte rtr. to be used for racing only. Would this be a more competative setup or would it too be in need of upgrading? I'm very happy with the slash but seem to be the only guy there at the track who is racing one? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
    I have a SCTE that I use only at the track. It started as the RTR but, if far from stock now. I would buy a roller and build it. I love my Slash but, it just will not handel like the SCTE (IMO). Anything you buy is going to be a money pit so just be ready, I have found it never ends.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rvrslt1 View Post
    I have a SCTE that I use only at the track. It started as the RTR but, if far from stock now. I would buy a roller and build it. I love my Slash but, it just will not handel like the SCTE (IMO). Anything you buy is going to be a money pit so just be ready, I have found it never ends.
    Oh I know! The 'ol Slash has made a good dent in the $ safe. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjoblue View Post
    Oh I know! The 'ol Slash has made a good dent in the $ safe. Thanks for the advice.
    Haven't heard from you in a bit. Have you been hitting the races? If so how are you doing? You seem to have a pretty good handle on that truck. We will have to go again soon!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Haven't heard from you in a bit. Have you been hitting the races? If so how are you doing? You seem to have a pretty good handle on that truck. We will have to go again soon!
    Hey Sob! Actually going to race tonight out there. Gonna go early and get things dialed in around 1-2pm, racing starts at 6pm. Welcome to come out and see what it's all about and help in the pits!!!! Happy belated Bday dude.

RC Racer
    Hey, i just picked up a pro4 HD 2500 for my slash 4x4, hope thats a good one.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaysse View Post
    It will be good on a 3s, What ESC are you using?

Gearing chart on 3s, 54 spur.

Pinion Speed
    10T 23.10 mph
    11T 25.41 mph
    12T 27.72 mph
    13T 30.03 mph
    14T 32.34 mph
    15T 34.65 mph
    16T 36.96 mph
    17T 39.27 mph
    18T 41.58 mph
    19T 43.89 mph
    20T 46.20 mph
    21T 48.50 mph
    22T 50.81 mph
    Last edited by Shaky17; 08-30-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky17 View Post
    It will be good on a 3s, What ESC are you using?
    Will try a hobbywing 150a sd that sit on the shelf. If its crap, ill find something else.

RC Qualifier
    That should work, the reason I asked is because, I run a non HD 4000kv with a MMP. One thing I noticed was trying different firmware made a difference.

So if it not running to your liking, play around with the setting and such, before giving up. As always just suggestions.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky17 View Post
    That should work, the reason I asked is because, I run a non HD 4000kv with a MMP. One thing I noticed was trying different firmware made a difference.

So if it not running to your liking, play around with the setting and such, before giving up. As always just suggestions.
    Much appreciated, thx for the advice.

For the moment im running a sidewinder sv2 with a 3800kv motor, but it dosnt like the 3s, always on thermal shutdown. Hope this will help.

RC Qualifier
    Will try a hobbywing 150a sd that sit on the shelf. If its crap, ill find something else.
    One thing I forgot about, If the Hobbywing doesn't have programing, to go from sencered to non sencered at a certain RPM. It will run hotter than normal, lastly set your timing to 0.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Racer
    Do you plan on running 3,4,5 or 6s in your truck??

RC Racer
    I think ill stick to 3s maxm its what they recommend on theur website, 2-3s.