RC Competitor

Stampede shock guard on 2wd slash write-up

Not sure if this write-up has been done before, but I finally got my Stampede 4x4 shock guards on my 2wd slash. To answer my previous question on the forum, they will fit with no cutting!!!!

Here are a few pics of the install.

I bought some longer stainless screws and a couple plastic bushings. I cut the bushing to fit at an angle. I also had to drill a small hole in the arm. The screw went into an existing hole in the shock guard and then into the hole I drilled in the arm.

Here is the final pic. I used the screw supplied with the kit for the one attached to my shock. I used the old shock screw on the outside of the arm for strength out there. I then added the new stainless screw and the bushing on the inside for strength on the inside.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-23-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: merge

I guess I would ask why?
    The only part of the shock their protecting is the very bottom.
    Imo a shock guard should cover the most vulnerable part, IE the shaft stopping chip-page causing fluid loss.
    Looks like they may help keep dirt from interfering with the axles movement.
    And they look nice.
    Nothing wrong will a little bling.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    They also help out with sticks and rocks getting stuck there. Any protection is good protection IMO.

RC Competitor
    [QUOTE=billy-bones;5566209]I guess I would ask why?
    The only part of the shock their protecting is the very bottom.
    Imo a shock guard should cover the most vulnerable part, IE the shaft stopping chip-page causing fluid loss.
    And they look nice.
    Nothing wrong will a little

I am a basher not a racer. That one little screw on the lower shock mount takes some serious hits off road. For me that is the most vulnerable spot while off road. It does not interfere with any component.
    Last edited by slashmaine; 08-24-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrsilv15 View Post
    They also help out with sticks and rocks getting stuck there. Any protection is good protection IMO.
    This is exactly what I meant,they are an acceptable axle protector.
    Never said there was anything bad about them or that they interfered with anything for that matter, except dirt, this being a good thing, just stating bashing or racing all the shock protectors I've ever seen shield the shock shaft, those seem a bit inapplicable as a shock guard.
    Like these.
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FbE7MgodTD8AHQ
    Please be kind enough to properly read my post before you criticize.
    This is a positive comment.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 08-24-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Competitor
    I guess I had one too many at the family picnic today or maybe my wife is right I don't listen (or read) before I open my mouth. Not really, but I did send the last from my phone and I thought you said they interfered with the axle. My bad! Sorry!