RC Qualifier

XO-1 Axles on Slash 4x4?

So I was looking around at axles. I got the MIP Rears for my Slash 4x4 (yeah I was too cheap for fronts too ) so I was looking around and I remembered dollarhobbyz.com. I remembered someone said to get the XO-1 rear differential if the stock one breaks because of a special brace integrated and while I was looking for that I stumbled upon this:

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...%284%29/Detail

4 Traxxas Axles for only $65? Sounds great! I was wondering if these would work on my Slash 4x4 with the 12mm hubs. If it would work, then I would buy these and sell my MIPs because my friend needs some and I need front ones so basically instead of spending $10 to fix it, I could sell the MIPs for $50 and put $10 and get these for all 4 corners! It would work out PERFECTLY! I hope it works! Help please!

Does anyone have experience with these? Do they work well? I'm asking because I know the XO-1 and the Slash 4x4 have many parts in common!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    the xo stub axles are 6mm so, you need to buy 6x11mm bearings 2 front and 4 rear (6 toatal) or you can buy the XO-1 c-hubs/carriers along with them spline cvd. I run XO-1 Diff F/R on my Rally GT8 and my P4de.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Champion
    What Humay said, the whole X-01 package of drive shafts, Hubs and carriers is an unbeatable combo, especially at the prices I've heard people get them at from dollorhobbyz.

RC Qualifier
    I don't really have to get the Hubs or carriers, because I already have many RPM parts that I replaced with the stock parts. I don't want to buy more parts that I already upgraded. So could I drill out the center to fit 6mm and get new bearings and that should work? Also, do I need the Tekno 12mm Hexes with the 6mm hole?

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Traxxas has alum 12mm hexes with the 6mm hole for the slash/pede etc....
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I found them here:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LNDLXV

It's $5 more than the Tekno hexes though. What do you think is better quality? Which ones are beefier/stronger?

RC Champion
    I would go with the x0-1 17mm adaptors and just run 17mm wheels.

I've got the 12mm adaptors but only used them a few times before just sticking with the 17mm.

ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

if you really want the XO-1 splined cvd and use your slash 4x4 carriers, then buy 6x11mm <----(6 bearings total) and NO you cannot use the tekno 12mm hexes with 6mm bore on xo-1 stub axles, the hex pin on XO are larger and farther out. get the traxxas 12mm hex as shown above pic from Zepher, the part #6869

RC Champion
    One thing I've been noticing since going to 17mm adapters is I've been finding many broken drive pins. My stock is depilated and I need more. The X-01 system with set screw would be a stronger option.

RC Qualifier
    I tried 6x11mm bearings when I did first did the maxx shaft mod, and they sucked. The inner ring was too thin and the Teflon washers wedged themselves into the seals. Theirs different makers of bearings, look for a think inner ring and a thin outer if u get that particular size of bearing.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dugsguns View Post
    I tried 6x11mm bearings when I did first did the maxx shaft mod, and they sucked. The inner ring was too thin and the Teflon washers wedged themselves into the seals. Theirs different makers of bearings, look for a think inner ring and a thin outer if u get that particular size of bearing.
    I usually get Avid bearings, they're $1 each at my hobby shop. Also, is the dimensions 6x11x4mm? I found them on Avids website:

http://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bear...-bearings.html

They've lasted a long time in my car and they are cheap and easy to repair (Traxxas ones are $2.50 each at my hobby shop).

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    if you really want the XO-1 splined cvd and use your slash 4x4 carriers, then buy 6x11mm <----(6 bearings total) and NO you cannot use the tekno 12mm hexes with 6mm bore on xo-1 stub axles, the hex pin on XO are larger and farther out. get the traxxas 12mm hex as shown above pic from Zepher, the part #6869
    Ok, I'll put those on order. For $5 more, it's not a big deal to stay true to Traxxas. Are the bearing dimensions 6x11x4mm? I know it's 6x11 but is it 6x11x4mm?

Quote Originally Posted by vladsly View Post
    Ok, I'll put those on order. For $5 more, it's not a big deal to stay true to Traxxas. Are the bearing dimensions 6x11x4mm? I know it's 6x11 but is it 6x11x4mm?
    yes 6x11x4mm, I know one guy at the XO-1 forum, he build a cheap version and use the slash 4x4 c-hubs/carriers and bought the most expensive bearings lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    yes 6x11x4mm, I know one guy at the XO-1 forum, he build a cheap version and use the slash 4x4 c-hubs/carriers and bought the most expensive bearings lol.
    Ok, thanks! I was thinking about doing this, but now when I see that the Tekno fronts are $36 including shipping and the Traxxas 12mm hexes alone are $25, I think I'm better off going with the Tekno full set for the front to replace it, I've also heard of some XO-1 axles breaking... I don't know much about them but it'll cost me just as much as new MIP or Teknos anyways.

RC poster
    I just upgraded my Slash with full XO-1 carriers front and rear and I added the stub axels to the upgraded kit I had for the Slash, and now it runs smoother and goes down the road in a much truer line, and I think this is because the new hexs are pinned, thus when you torque down the wheel nut it doesn't pull the bearings together and cause more wear and binding. I love the upgrade, and I was unhappy with the Slash upgraded axels with rubber CV boots like the XO-1 has for I kept breaking the right rear stubs and they are on backorder until who knows when, so I just ponied up and got the full kit...not gonna look back either ;-) Have a great week. BTW, I did and update on youtube under Michael Adcock. L8R, Michael

RC Enthusiast
    So the Tekno's wont work? Crap, I ordered these for my X0-1 axles.... I also have 4mm stubs so I could use those for now I guess.....